Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > [MAFIA] GPRO Penitentiary Adăugați acest subiect în lista de ignorare Adăugați acest subiect la pagini urmărite
Pagina « 1 2 3 ... 212 213 [214 Du-te rapid la pagina:
Autor Subiect: [MAFIA] GPRO Penitentiary 6414 replici
Michael Winkley
(Grupa Master - 4)

Posturi: 33335
  Ţară:
Țara Galilor 
Certificare: 
Îmi place acest post (0)   Nu-mi place acest post (0)
Postare veche #6389 postat Iul 4 2012, 10:50:49 Citează 
Stephen, do you know how hard it was for me to resist the urge to remove your swearing? ;p
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupa Amateur - 42)

Echipa GPRO
Posturi: 14356
  Ţară:
Scoţia 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #6390 postat Iul 4 2012, 10:53:08 Citează 
Thomas looks to be starting a new, smaller game - /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=15656&PostId=2431366#post2431366

I would hope some of the newer players from here (and the not so new) would be interested, so let your interest be known on that thread or to Thomas.
Thomas Wesker
(Grupa Pro - 12)

Posturi: 1661
  Ţară:
Belgia 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #6391 postat Iul 4 2012, 11:53:11 Citează 
Kevin, you junkie! :p
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupa Amateur - 42)

Echipa GPRO
  Ţară:
Scoţia 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #6392 postat Iul 4 2012, 12:04:33 Citează 
Quote ( Thomas Wesker @ July 4th 2012,11:53:11 )

Kevin, you junkie! :p

Just drumming up some interest for you :)

This was a tough game for new players, and I'm sure they would all enjoy something a bit smaller next :)
Thomas Wesker
(Grupa Pro - 12)

Ţară:
Belgia 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #6393 postat Iul 4 2012, 12:29:29 Citează 
Yes indeed, and the fact the next game is a semi open game makes it easier for the beginners. I'll up the thread in a few hours or tomorrow, but the game will start somewhere next week, unless I find 12 players ready to start ASAP.
Jun Ho
(Grupa Amateur - 2)

Posturi: 8525
  Ţară:
Hong Kong 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #6394 postat Iul 4 2012, 12:43:49 Citează 
Can I play?
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupa Amateur - 42)

Echipa GPRO
  Ţară:
Scoţia 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #6395 postat Iul 4 2012, 13:10:29 Citează 
The game's finished Jun. You were lynched for being Jun :)
Jun Ho
(Grupa Amateur - 2)

Ţară:
Hong Kong 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #6396 postat Iul 5 2012, 15:48:42 Citează 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ July 4th 2012,13:10:29 )

The game's finished Jun. You were lynched for being Jun :)

Lies!

Quote ( Jeff Pumphrey @ April 30th 2012,21:50:59 )

Game Status

Day 10

And dead people cannot talk!

Quote ( Jeff Pumphrey @ April 30th 2012,21:58:18 )

8: Dead players cannot talk.

##vote Kevin
Ajinkya Gokhale
(Grupa Pro - 8)

Posturi: 2063
  Ţară:
India 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #6397 postat Iul 5 2012, 23:01:06 Citează 
wow what a game...
unfortunately had some real life situations so could not manage to give it enough justice, but a gr8 experience altogether

congrats Jeff for hosting the biggest gpro mafia game till date, and it feels good to be a part of it, also a part of the winning team :)

amazing game guys, really awesome :)
Jeff Pumphrey
(Grupa Pro - 9)

Moderator topic
Posturi: 2585
  Ţară:
S.U.A. 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #6398 postat Iul 8 2012, 04:34:09 (editat ultima dată Iul 8 2012, 04:36:36 de Jeff Pumphrey) Citează 
Back from vacation, and I was asked to Rank who I felt were the Top 10 players for this game. Here it is, and it is subject to change, based on your discussion:

1) Kevin - Drove the game even with perhaps the weakest role there was. Survived to the end, and was behind several staff lynchings, though he got a fortunate break when Thomas roleblocked AJ, allowing him to escape the kill. His find on Tim-Oliver, ultimately sealed the game in what was a tight finish.

2) Krasimir - Didn't stay alive terribly long, but he did successfully protect 2 prisoners with his doctor ability, while staying under the radar. Prisoners do not win without his successful saves.

3) Tim-Oliver - Yes, the staff lost. But Tim-O got the game all the way to the end before losing. One more mislynch and the staff would have won. His slip-up may have cost him the game, so maybe he goes lower on some people's lists, but he was in position to win the game up until the final lynching.

4) Michael - Used his investigative ability to help lynch staff. Was aided by the early deaths of the vigs, as the game was designed for some prisoners to potentially get "caught" with guns, but nonetheless, he made the most of his opportunity. Jumping into that trap to his death knocks him down a peg.

5) Neil - Showed good selection on his kills, avoiding those that would have gotten him either caught or stopped. Avoided targeting staff, whose kills would help him win the game. Just fell victim to a semi-random targeting from the staff. His name was never really on anyone's lips.

6) Alan - Hard to separate Alan 1 from Alan 2, but giving Alan an overall score. Lasted deep into the game, and kept his cool to help lynch staff. Can't be ranked too highly, after all, he did die twice.

7) Stephen - His play made him look scummy, but he survived. In the endgame, would have been interesting to see if Tim-O had not made his slip to see if Stephen would have been the lynch. Hard to list someone who was mostly inactive as a Top 10, but if you look at the player list, it's hard to find people that lived long enough and were active to round out a top 10. Being one of only 3 living players at the end, Stephen has less detractors then a few other players.

8) Frank - Always controversial, so too will be this pick. At one point, he named every staff member. Later on, he was grouping Tim-O and Mike. But his blind passion for knocking Kevin out of the game blurred his vision. Perhaps an early Kevin death would have made Frank the top player? Started using his thieving ability as an investigative tool, though he misinterpreted the results on Stephen.

9) Greg - Made it to the end, and used his motivation skill to allow a few power roles an extra opportunity to perform their actions. His activity was sometimes lacking, but he showed signs of good roleplay and grasping the activities around him. Good play from a first-time player.

10) Matthew - Early on, he was the brains of the staff. Led them to early success, and would have been much higher on this list if he did not meet an early demise that I feel he brought on himself. I think that early in the game, he could have talked himself out of the lynching, but he really did not even try.
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupa Amateur - 42)

Echipa GPRO
  Ţară:
Scoţia 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #6399 postat Iul 8 2012, 08:59:01 Citează 
I would have Matthew higher. He was unlucky to be caught by a gunsmith, but that isn't a sign of poor play on his part. His early reads of breadcrumbs left by town were excellent.

I wouldn't have Frank on the list. Even ignoring his focussing on me, he tried to save too many scum and didn't really help catch any. Also, his misinterpretation of Stephen's result, and being so certain about it, could easily have cost us the game (I was ready to lynch Stephen based on Frank's certainty).

Agree that Krasimir did well now knowing his night actions, and he also picked up on some of the breadcrumbs well (he realised Frank was thief and I didn't pick up on that until Krasimir pushed me in the right direction).

Winkley played well, although I agree his recklessness in leading the way on the night that got him killed was stupid for one of the pretty much certain town to do.

I thought Mike did well as scum to avoid any real pressure for a lot of the game and is worthy of a place on the list.

Also, Christoph did well to breadcrumb his role and results while alive, which allowed me to narrow the possible SKs right down and could have eventually led to Neil being caught. Although, it was probably overly hinting at his role (although not necessarily from Christoph) that led to his death.
Krasimir Ivanov
(Grupa Amateur - 4)

Posturi: 725
  Ţară:
Bulgaria 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #6400 postat Iul 8 2012, 16:05:41 Citează 
The only mafia player I'd put on that list are Matthew, mostly for his great reads and Thomas for convincing everyone to follow him every day. The rest just lurked throughout the whole game.
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupa Amateur - 42)

Echipa GPRO
  Ţară:
Scoţia 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #6401 postat Iul 8 2012, 16:33:50 Citează 
Lurking is a valid strategy though as long as they are meeting activity requirements, and the likes of Mike posted plenty. And I wouldn't say Mike was lurking anyway, just only active at one point each day which shouldn't be held against anyone. And he did post plenty content when he was posting, not just enough to get by.
Mike Baston
(Grupa Amateur - 5)

Posturi: 1905
  Ţară:
Anglia 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #6402 postat Iul 8 2012, 21:14:58 Citează 
I thought Christoph did well with what was a difficult role to play with it's two-fold nature.

I must agree with Kevin's thoughts on Matthew. Was very interesting to see how he portrayed his thoughts in game thread as opposed to in QT. Was a valuable lesson in how to play scum role & play it well. As said it was unfortunate in way he was caught once vig's had been killed.
Thomas Wesker
(Grupa Pro - 12)

Ţară:
Belgia 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #6403 postat Iul 9 2012, 03:29:11 Citează 
I convinced everyone to follow me on most nights, to get some staff items and I also hoped to pick up some personal items that could be useful but I didn't.
It was just bad luck that Davi saw me blocking Jimmy. And I rushed my fake claim when I was confronted. I could have done better. :)
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupa Amateur - 42)

Echipa GPRO
  Ţară:
Scoţia 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #6404 postat Iul 24 2012, 12:11:23 Citează 
/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=20533#scroll

Category 6 - A well deserved nominee. I know which silly game I'll be voting for :)
Gary Fahy
(Grupa Pro - 16)

Posturi: 1755
  Ţară:
Anglia 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #6405 postat Iul 29 2012, 23:33:37 Citează 
Quote ( Jeff Pumphrey @ July 1st 2012,21:04:26 )

Frank gave a Gary Fahy list that listed every prison staff, but I think his Kevin blinders got the best of him. I think Tim-O pointed it out in the QT.

You have never seen one of my lists!

Where can I find Frank's?
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupa Amateur - 42)

Echipa GPRO
  Ţară:
Scoţia 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #6406 postat Oct 5 2012, 11:28:26 (editat ultima dată Oct 5 2012, 11:28:42 de Kevin Parkinson) Citează 
Winkley just pointed this out to me.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Records

Mafiascum, the dedicated mafia site (with stupidly long deadlines) has a records page. Check out the longest game by posts. This smashes it. Just shows just how massive this game was :)
Matthew Standen
(Grupa Master - 2)

Posturi: 267
  Ţară:
Anglia 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #6407 postat Oct 5 2012, 11:34:05 Citează 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ October 5th 2012,11:28:26 )

Mafiascum, the dedicated mafia site (with stupidly long deadlines)

...and stupidly inactive/lurking members.

Gordon's Character Dinner party would also have been in the top 3 on their site.
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupa Amateur - 42)

Echipa GPRO
  Ţară:
Scoţia 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #6408 postat Oct 5 2012, 11:41:55 Citează 
Moral: We talk too much? Or should I say "I" and not "we"? :p
Matthew Standen
(Grupa Master - 2)

Posturi: 267
  Ţară:
Anglia 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #6409 postat Oct 5 2012, 11:52:09 Citează 
I must admit, activity in this game was on the upper limit of what I can cope with, especially in the early game. It's not nice to log in and see 100-200 unread messages...
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupa Amateur - 42)

Echipa GPRO
  Ţară:
Scoţia 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #6410 postat Oct 5 2012, 11:57:10 Citează 
Hard game for the newer players, but at least they can see this was an exceptionally active game and not the normal activity level :)
Greg Swaney
(Grupa Master - 1)

Posturi: 4344
  Ţară:
S.U.A. 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #6411 postat Oct 5 2012, 12:54:42 Citează 
It's why I nominated it again for best silly game and it actually made it through to voting stage :oP
Jun Ho
(Grupa Amateur - 2)

Ţară:
Hong Kong 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #6412 postat Oct 6 2012, 05:16:34 Citează 
I loved this game, even though I was a replacement. One of my better games I feel. :)
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupa Amateur - 42)

Echipa GPRO
  Ţară:
Scoţia 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #6413 postat Oct 6 2012, 09:10:20 Citează 
Quote ( Jun Ho @ October 6th 2012,05:16:34 )

One of my better games I feel. :)

Smiley means joke, doesn't it? :)
Pagina « 1 2 3 ... 212 213 [214 Du-te rapid la pagina:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > [MAFIA] GPRO Penitentiary Adăugați acest subiect în lista de ignorare Adăugați acest subiect la pagini urmărite

Răspunde la acest subiect