Página « 1 2 3 ... 265 266 [267 Ir rapidamente para a página:
Autor Tópico: Pro - 10 7999 respostas
Brice Meyer
(Grupo Pro - 10)

País:
França 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (1)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #7981 colocada 10 Mar 2024, 15:03:47 Citar 
Indeed, it is a very interesting conversation !

First of all, yes Avonns are worse tyres than Yokos and Dunnos, undoubtedly. They have characteristics that help them counterbalance a little their poor (worse than Pipis) dry performance, but they remain worse.
And I have been complaining about them for the past 18 races to my team ! And I will keep complaining about them as soon as it will be a hot race. :D

However, there was a time (in the good ol' days ;) ) when Yokos cost 1.5M and had the exact same characteristics as now. So they gained 600k per race, which is 10+M for the season, an did not improve. In the mean time, Avonns were 200k more expensive and were worse in rain. So they became cheaper and improved. Dunnos cost 2.7M at that time and haven't changed.

I think the changes have been made to encourage Pros to pick more easily Avonns, so it would be easier to make money in this division. The more Avonns there are, the more money everyone will make because there will be less fluctuation in performance caused by the weather. As if everybody picked Pipis. :)

We came to a point where Avonns are 1.1M cheaper than Yokos, which represents 6 places difference, and 1.5M cheaper than Dunnos, which represents 8 places difference !

Concerning the testing : I do it regardless of the tyres I pick, so it is not really a deal. I would even say that Avonns allow you to do longer stints, which generally wears less the car. :)
And I would also say that the contrary happens : picking Dunnos prevents you from doing more testing because then, the overall cost of your season would be too big.
It is true that having a really good team helps : before joining my current team, I barely did any testing even in Pro, and there are other aspects of the game that are not a difficulty anymore. So on that, maybe I am a bit too biased about the knowledge everyone has of the game.

I am not saying that everbody should pick them either, as Aleksandar said, there are cases in which picking Dunnos is the right option. I have to say that in our group there are 13 Avonns, which might be one of the highest numbers in all Pro, so I am not complaining about that. :)

Globally what I was saying is that we should accept to be, as a whole in Pro, less competitive by picking more Avonns, rather than keeping the habits of picking Yokos and Dunnos, that become more a push tyre.
Amitesh Patnaik
(Grupo Pro - 10)

País:
Índia 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (0)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #7982 colocada 10 Mar 2024, 15:40:33 (Editado em 10 Mar 2024, 15:44:05 por Amitesh Patnaik) Citar 
Quote ( Aleksandar Tot @ March 10th 2024,14:08:44 )

In my perspective, testing is something that is mandatory and each season that I don't have 17 test is unsuccessful.

If you would have asked me 10 seasons ago, I would have said the same thing actually. And given where you are at this phase of the game, it's absolutely the right approach for you in my opinion.

Now that we have addressed the primary issue as to why people don't pick Avonns, here is another perspective.

I have reached a point were I can be competitive enough to not require the remaining 20% (in terms of effective test related stat) available immediately. I can go to Master to do 17 tests or go to amateur and do 85 laps (17 tests again). Makes very little difference if I choose to not test much in Pro itself.
So my effective priority changes to sustenance and not development. My approach to game makes it hard for me to view Avonns as a lucrative option despite the cost savings as I don't really need to test as much and higher level parts are just a noob choice. :P

Furthermore, development phase of driver and package as you mentioned is an important consideration indeed, but a bigger factor is the opportunity cost of Avonns. Unless one can promote with Avonns easily, one will loosing out on sponsor progress. That's one of the biggest impacts I have witnessed in the past.
Similarly, a teammate who used to prefer Avonns in Pro, eventually decided to give up as the overall package development in the long run was hampered.
Amitesh Patnaik
(Grupo Pro - 10)

País:
Índia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #7983 colocada 10 Mar 2024, 15:57:12 Citar 
Quote ( Brice Meyer @ March 10th 2024,15:03:47 )

I think the changes have been made to encourage Pros to pick more easily Avonns, so it would be easier to make money in this division. The more Avonns there are, the more money everyone will make because there will be less fluctuation in performance caused by the weather. As if everybody picked Pipis. :)

Indeed, this I would actually like to see and encourage. Bring in some dedicated tyres for Pro that are stronger than pipis but a bit weak for Master. As it is Pro rebuild is becoming more effective now.

And I see the point that you are trying to make to make, and can't help but agree with it. Pro was to some degree a neglected middle child in the past. Having more balanced performance throughout would definitely help.
I remember being quite bummed about the BY price increase back in the S80s (I guess), but in hindsight that was a good move to reduce the ridiculous tyre war in Pro that was making it cost ineffective (along with the sponsor hoarding).

But at the same titme I do feel that making Pro Avonns only will be quite counter-productive as the tyre war is definitely a merit to Pro. I don't think any of us even bother to make a season plan in Ama anymore, do we?
Billy Van Der Merwe
(Grupo Pro - 10)

País:
África do Sul 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (2)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #7984 colocada 10 Mar 2024, 19:54:54 Citar 

Quote ( Amitesh Patnaik @ March 10th 2024,15:57:12 )

I don't think any of us even bother to make a season plan in Ama anymore, do we?

I see so many Elite and Masters going back to Amateur to build a very very positive balance and then going threw the divisions to Elite/Master, is that wrong, no not at all but in my opinion if you know the game it's too easy and not fair to the amateurs who is learning the game (Look at this guy: Dean Francis Amateur 52 - Balance 267 mil, this guy played many seasons in Masters)

Some amateur groups make it impossible for new players to learn the game and are forced into pro before they are ready for the higher league and they struggle a lot in Pro, end result is they go back to Amateur and drop in some cases back to rookie and loose all progress they build up, or they quite GPRO completely.

I think Pro is the ideal ground for someone to learn GPRO and develop strategies, learn about tyres and improve general skills on the game.

I made the decision a few seasons ago that Pro is competitive and would give me a chance to really start learning the game
Billy Van Der Merwe
(Grupo Pro - 10)

País:
África do Sul 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #7985 colocada 11 Abr 2024, 08:25:04 Citar 
Beppe, I see you have a red flag, are you suspended for 3 races?
Krasen Belev
(Grupo Pro - 10)

País:
Bulgária 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #7986 colocada 12 Abr 2024, 11:02:56 Citar 
Quote ( Billy Van Der Merwe @ April 11th 2024,08:25:04 )

Beppe, I see you have a red flag, are you suspended for 3 races?

He probably is, but he wrote to the italian topic, that he will retire from the game.
Billy Van Der Merwe
(Grupo Pro - 10)

País:
África do Sul 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #7987 colocada 12 Abr 2024, 13:29:11 Citar 
Yes many guys was identified with double accounts and are suspended or under investigation
Brice Meyer
(Grupo Pro - 10)

País:
França 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #7988 colocada 12 Abr 2024, 14:15:52 Citar 
Oh, things are finally moving on that aspect, that's a relly good thing
Krasen Belev
(Grupo Pro - 10)

País:
Bulgária 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #7989 colocada 12 Abr 2024, 14:30:41 Citar 
Lets see if this will be the last banned in our group. This things really change the plans for few managers.
Elina Pähra
(Grupo Pro - 10)

País:
Estónia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #7990 colocada 12 Abr 2024, 16:59:48 Citar 
Thoughts on Peppe being another DA? He missed last race and seems like he might miss this one as well. Very suspicious timing.
Krasen Belev
(Grupo Pro - 10)

País:
Bulgária 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #7991 colocada 12 Abr 2024, 17:13:20 Citar 
Quote ( Elina Pähra @ April 12th 2024,16:59:48 )

Thoughts on Peppe being another DA? He missed last race and seems like he might miss this one as well. Very suspicious timing.

He already confessed he has a DA. He was using his wife account and also confessed another one under a fake name. I guess every account with like 80-90h total time in-game and having 150-200+ races is quite suspicious for a double account. What do you think, Elina? :)
Aleksandar Tot
(Grupo Pro - 10)

País:
Sérvia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #7992 colocada 12 Abr 2024, 17:29:58 Citar 
Seems that we will have some unexpected promotions this season. :)
Brice Meyer
(Grupo Pro - 10)

País:
França 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #7993 colocada 12 Abr 2024, 17:40:39 Citar 
Unexpected retentions too !
Billy Van Der Merwe
(Grupo Pro - 10)

País:
África do Sul 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #7994 colocada 12 Abr 2024, 21:58:43 Citar 
Well, I wasn't going for a win not even a points finish, I added an extra stop, totally under fueled, just to sandbag, but it's all over now, it's time to go for promotion, no use leaving money on the table
Brice Meyer
(Grupo Pro - 10)

País:
França 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #7995 colocada 14 Abr 2024, 12:32:15 Citar 
I have to say I threw away some amount of money too, between R3 and R8, not to score too many points.
I am done with that, I will try to take the last spot of promotion even though I know my tyres and car parts planning will make that harder.
Elina Pähra
(Grupo Pro - 10)

País:
Estónia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #7996 colocada 16 Abr 2024, 15:57:53 Citar 

Quote ( Krasen Belev @ April 12th 2024,17:13:20 )

What do you think, Elina? :)

Well most of our team communication happens in Discord, and I have preplanned my seasons ahead of time thanks to help from others in the team. So it doesn’t take long to do my setups. And as for watching races we often stream them to each other or watch them offline so I don’t get time generation from that. But if it would lower the suspiciousness then I could staty watching each race as well. :)
Mark Witney
(Grupo Pro - 10)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (0)   Não gostar desta mensagem (1)
Mensagem antiga #7997 colocada 16 Abr 2024, 19:28:07 Citar 
Quote ( Krasen Belev @ April 12th 2024,17:13:20 )

He already confessed he has a DA. He was using his wife account and also confessed another one under a fake name. I guess every account with like 80-90h total time in-game and having 150-200+ races is quite suspicious for a double account. What do you think, Elina? :)

Not sure on that, 30 minutes a race... 5 minutes to qualify watch race on x3 which is what I do, 30 minutes isn't far out, if you're in a building season you might not even bother watching the race. If you don't play any forum games it's not that unrealistic, we need rid of the DA's but also need to avoid making dodgy assumptions that might make honest players feel the need to quit.
Elina Pähra
(Grupo Pro - 10)

País:
Estónia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #7998 colocada 16 Abr 2024, 20:16:34 Citar 
I mean it seems like someone reported me to Mr. S already. Thank you for that! I’m sure he will reach the right conclusion and then I can carry on playing as normal. But sweet of someone to worry.
Krasen Belev
(Grupo Pro - 10)

País:
Bulgária 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #7999 colocada 17 Abr 2024, 00:01:19 Citar 
Quote ( Elina Pähra @ April 16th 2024,20:16:34 )

I mean it seems like someone reported me to Mr. S already. Thank you for that! I’m sure he will reach the right conclusion and then I can carry on playing as normal. But sweet of someone to worry.

I just want to say I’m not the one that reported you as I only concluded that few managers with similar activity have turned out to be DA’s. Probably forum was not the right place to rise suspicious on you, so I apologise, but was not long time ago a similar situation of someone defending his activity in the group topic turned out to be a DA.
Elina Pähra
(Grupo Pro - 10)

País:
Estónia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #8000 colocada 17 Abr 2024, 05:19:27 Citar 
It’s quite alright. I have nothing to fear from it except maybe a false positive. But I tjink that’s unlikely. I don’t mind it as long as such reports help reduce the amount of people with an unfair advantage and help newer managers flourish.
Página « 1 2 3 ... 265 266 [267 Ir rapidamente para a página:

Responder a este tópico