Grand Prix Racing Online Fórum > Forum games > Forum Games Championship XI – Winter 2022 Ignorar este tópico Adicionar este tópico à lista de tópicos vigiados
Página « 1 2 3 ... 7 8 [9 Ir rapidamente para a página:
Autor Tópico: Forum Games Championship XI – Winter 2022 250 respostas
Ricardo Antunes
(Grupo Amateur - 42)

País:
Portugal 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (0)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #241 colocada 3 Mai 2023, 23:02:21 Citar 
Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ May 3rd 2023,22:56:21 )

If you go on XS tyres for qualifying and put in a tiny amount of fuel then you can get a great TERG result...now does that sound like something someone on a promotion season would do, or more like something someone in a relegation or maintaining season could do.

Just a note on this, you might have not noticed it but I did this and it did not have an effect, I still couldn't get closer to the top, was like P7 in the first race I tried it.

Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ May 3rd 2023,22:56:21 )

That said, as I don't choose the games, but just the hosts now, there's no expectation that TERG will return unless I select Stefan as host again.

Just perhaps a constructive criticism to Stefan, if he is asked to host and chooses TERG again, to perhaps adjust the game to allow us to have a more "immediate" impact on the results like how Stuart changed the GPRO Elimination game so that we could pick Elite managers to take part in our crew.

And yes, am aware that he gave points to pole position which honestly... I'd feel was not the best adjustment given it's not really going in line with the rest of the game? I'm not the host of course, just my thoughts and constructive criticism :P
Jun Ho
(Grupo Amateur - 14)

País:
Hong Kong 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #242 colocada 3 Mai 2023, 23:07:03 Citar 
I am happy people are liking Only Connect :)
Stuart Foster
(Grupo Pro - 7)

Mod. Tópico
  País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #243 colocada 3 Mai 2023, 23:15:42 (Editado em 3 Mai 2023, 23:17:00 por Stuart Foster) Citar 
Quote ( Xavier Porta @ May 3rd 2023,08:03:22 )

My proposal is 12 - 10 - 8 - 7 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 points system

It would spoil game records though for it to go above 10 pts for a game win...

however... it could maybe adapt to 10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1-0...

at least then a game winner gets an extra point...

but maybe Ania would not still win even then :/

its up to Jon though anyway :p
Jonathan Beagles
(Grupo Pro - 15)

Mod. Tópico
  País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #244 colocada 3 Mai 2023, 23:15:57 (Editado em 3 Mai 2023, 23:18:17 por Jonathan Beagles) Citar 
Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ May 3rd 2023,23:02:21 )

Just a note on this, you might have not noticed it but I did this and it did not have an effect, I still couldn't get closer to the top, was like P7 in the first race I tried it.

You still have to have a half decent driver ofc (but that has not that much to do with whether you are promoting etc. IMHO - you can still pick up a good driver and perform with them regardless)...and some tracks do favour higher or lower divisions in TERG, so it may be you pushed on a race that favoured those in the higher divisions.

The point I'm trying to make is that there is a strategic element to it and you can actually do a great job in TERG by getting strong quali results (it's 2/3 of your final time), which aren't impacted by race risks and strategy etc. that go along with what your season aim is.

EDIT:

Quote ( Stuart Foster @ May 3rd 2023,23:15:42 )

It would spoil game records though for it to go above 10 pts for a game win...

however... it could maybe adapt to 10-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1-0...

at least then a game winner gets an extra point...

its up to Jon though :p

Yeah if I was going to change it, I much prefer this one to preserve the records at the top...although I'm not necessarily sure it needs changing. Why is finishing 1st (as opposed to 2nd) worth more than finishing 7th (as opposed to 8th)? I like the fact that every place gained is worth an equal amount of points personally...encourages people to fight even when they can't win the game.

If we change to bias towards 1st place, then you could see people giving up on certain games if they can't get 1st...which I don't love.
Ricardo Antunes
(Grupo Amateur - 42)

País:
Portugal 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #245 colocada 3 Mai 2023, 23:20:34 (Editado em 3 Mai 2023, 23:21:22 por Ricardo Antunes) Citar 
Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ May 3rd 2023,23:15:57 )

You still have to have a half decent driver ofc (but that has not that much to do with whether you are promoting etc. IMHO - you can still pick up a good driver and perform with them regardless)...and some tracks do favour higher or lower divisions in TERG, so it may be you pushed on a race that favoured those in the higher divisions.

The point I'm trying to make is that there is a strategic element to it and you can actually do a great job in TERG by getting strong quali results (it's 2/3 of your final time), which aren't impacted by race risks and strategy etc. that go along with what your season aim is.

There is a strategic element, no doubt - but (and we're going back to this so I'll just shut up after this or we'll go insane!) it's not heavy enough to... be the main thing, which is just... be fast.

:P

---

And yes I like the current point system :P
Jonathan Beagles
(Grupo Pro - 15)

Mod. Tópico
  País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #246 colocada 3 Mai 2023, 23:26:43 Citar 

Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ May 3rd 2023,23:20:34 )

There is a strategic element, no doubt - but (and we're going back to this so I'll just shut up after this or we'll go insane!) it's not heavy enough to... be the main thing, which is just... be fast.

Yep...and being fast comes down to tyres, fuel, car (including PHA) and driver for this...all things within your control, so it's a bit like a test of GPRO knowledge! Particularly with the month warning you had to prepare for these...and also being aware that the FGC happens pretty much the same time each year lol :P
Ricardo Antunes
(Grupo Amateur - 42)

País:
Portugal 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (1)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #247 colocada 3 Mai 2023, 23:30:58 Citar 
Well, we're back. Honestly I completely get where you're coming from Jon, I just don't agree I guess!

I'll be more than happy to play TERG again in the future if it comes to that. Well, as happy as I can be. As happy as I am now :P
Stuart Foster
(Grupo Pro - 7)

Mod. Tópico
  País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (1)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #248 colocada 3 Mai 2023, 23:36:18 Citar 
Last time there were 2.5 games that required GPRO participation.

There were many complaints.

This time there was just one.

I think you should live with it :)

Ania Piekarska
(Grupo Master - 3)

País:
Polónia 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (2)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #249 colocada 3 Mai 2023, 23:37:00 Citar 
The point system is good as it is. It rewards consistency, and that's a good thing.

My result might look like it calls for a change, but at the end of the day I know that I bottled two games, while George haven't - and that's what ultimately makes him the winner. He was good in ALL games, that's huge.
Jonathan Beagles
(Grupo Pro - 15)

Mod. Tópico
  País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #250 colocada 3 Mai 2023, 23:40:58 Citar 
Plus it gave us a great statistic that you alone have achieved Ania...we've had 9 previous winners before, only 1 person ever managed what you did! ;)
David Panov
(Grupo Pro - 25)

País:
Macedónia do Norte 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #251 colocada 4 Mai 2023, 06:35:59 Citar 
I was relegating from Master when TERG was played so of course you could influence the results. I could not keep up with top 3 of course but still managed to get 4th while going with 0ct every race in Master except 1 and the last two races I was with Pro driver... Too bad that we had Oval race and Fiorano were It was quarantined that I will finish last :(
Página « 1 2 3 ... 7 8 [9 Ir rapidamente para a página:
Grand Prix Racing Online Fórum > Forum games > Forum Games Championship XI – Winter 2022 Ignorar este tópico Adicionar este tópico à lista de tópicos vigiados

Responder a este tópico