Página « 1 2 3 4 [56 ... 12 13 14 » Ir rapidamente para a página:
Autor Tópico: [F1] 2023 season 416 respostas
Josh Clark
(Grupo Elite)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (0)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #121 colocada 10 Mar 2023, 15:10:05 Citar 
He seems to think that any request that isn't something he wants to do is an attempt to sabotage his race. Which is pretty sad when they're mostly requests from the team that have backed him for years.
Niels Van Heijster
(Grupo Amateur - 13)

País:
Holanda 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #122 colocada 10 Mar 2023, 15:11:05 Citar 
Quote ( Roland Postle @ March 10th 2023,15:04:22 )

He's talking about Checo right? So sounds like that intra-team drama isn't over, and it could be the high-light of the season when it blows up again.

Could well be. Reportedly Checo had an interview on Mexican TV stating that "help has to go both ways, or I won't" ...
Some reporters say Checo believes to be better than Max and being able to become the next Champ ...

So no, still potential troubles in the water. But with a back-up driver line-up, if shit would hit the fan, I guess it could get quickly "resolved".
Josh Clark
(Grupo Elite)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (1)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #123 colocada 10 Mar 2023, 15:13:56 (Editado em 10 Mar 2023, 15:14:05 por Josh Clark) Citar 
Quote ( Niels Van Heijster @ March 10th 2023,15:11:05 )

Checo believes to be better than Max and being able to become the next Champ

Nah no one challenged Max like Danny Ric did, and even he knew there was no hope of being able to (or being allowed to) beat Max in a title fight.
Sorry Checo.
Marcelo Ascencio
(Grupo Amateur - 18)

País:
Argentina 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #124 colocada 10 Mar 2023, 15:28:02 (Editado em 10 Mar 2023, 15:28:30 por Marcelo Ascencio) Citar 
Human insecurities, we all have them, It's more clear now that the race is over, maybe he thought there was a chance Checo can recover with a different strategy..

I also believe all drivers there believe they are the best, provided they have the machine to do it.

Danny was really strong back then, too bad he didn't have enough car at that moment.. also Max was pretty green..
Roland Postle10
(Grupo Master - 1)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #125 colocada 10 Mar 2023, 16:13:57 (Editado em 10 Mar 2023, 16:20:00 por Roland Postle) Citar 

But with a back-up driver line-up, if shit would hit the fan, I guess it could get quickly "resolved".

Good point. I wonder if signing Daniel was partly in anticipation of this. Not so much that he might actually get swapped in but that the threat he could is a great way of putting pressure on Checo to take any of Max's shit on the chin.
Lee Ifans
(Grupo Pro - 13)

País:
Venezuela 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #126 colocada 10 Mar 2023, 16:27:39 Citar 

But with a back-up driver line-up, if shit would hit the fan, I guess it could get quickly "resolved".

Would love to see Max and Yuki in the same team. Pure entertainment.
Martti Kaasik
(Grupo Amateur - 10)

País:
Estónia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #127 colocada 10 Mar 2023, 21:31:25 Citar 
New era new dominant car/team... We saw this with mercedes now it will be Red Bull?
Roy Mitchell
(Grupo Amateur - 47)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #128 colocada 10 Mar 2023, 21:39:00 Citar 
Let's hope they get some competition.
Josh Clark
(Grupo Elite)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #129 colocada 10 Mar 2023, 22:06:29 Citar 
I don't know where it could come from though. Merc is too far behind and Ferrari, despite their very hard working engineers, are too incompetant.

And I feel like it's too much of a dream come true to believe the driver closest to coming between the red bulls is Alonso. But that would be really fun :D
Marcelo Ascencio
(Grupo Amateur - 18)

País:
Argentina 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #130 colocada 13 Mar 2023, 05:11:23 (Editado em 13 Mar 2023, 05:13:46 por Marcelo Ascencio) Citar 
Ferrari is in the news since apparently the chief vehicle concept has quit

https://twitter.com/fanaticsferrari/status/16341238671815270...
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Grupo Pro - 20)

País:
México 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #131 colocada 13 Mar 2023, 17:25:29 (Editado em 13 Mar 2023, 17:40:11 por Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo) Citar 

So no, still potential troubles in the water. But with a back-up driver line-up, if shit would hit the fan, I guess it could get quickly "resolved".

Would that be resolved or simply exacerbated? If Danny, as purpotedly said, is much better than Checo, wouldn't it be a closer competition to Max and more trouble opportunities?

Just look at the different times the situation has been present:
Hamilton/Alonso in McLaren
Senna/Prost in McLaren
Hamilton/Rosberg in Mercedes

Meanwhile a 1-2 situation as Hamilton/Bottas, Schumacher/Massa can be more fruitful to the team.

But to be honest if you see the lap times before being asked to slow down, Checo (on 4 laps fresher tyres I must concede) was lapping as fast as Max. I still believe Max can do do better than Checo, but Checo seems, at this moment, his only competition.
Josh Clark
(Grupo Elite)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #132 colocada 13 Mar 2023, 17:34:33 Citar 
I don't think there are many, if any, drivers on the planet that can match or beat Max in that car. So Checo being within 2 tenths in qualifying so consistently is hugely impressive. Absolutely no doubt he'd have a title or two of his own with the right equipment over the last decade+.
Niels Van Heijster
(Grupo Amateur - 13)

País:
Holanda 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #133 colocada 13 Mar 2023, 17:50:52 Citar 
Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ March 13th 2023,17:25:29 )

But to be honest if you see the lap times before being asked to slow down, Checo (on 4 laps fresher tyres I must concede) was lapping as fast as Max. I still believe Max can do do better than Checo, but Checo seems, at this moment, his only competition.

My reference was not about Checo not being a good driver. As Josh also acknowledges, Checo is pretty close to Max consistently, just like back when Ricciardo was in that seat. I'm all for that too, as I think Checo has done a brilliant job over the past two seasons. However, I don;t think he'll be able to outperform Max on track over a whole season ... But I may be biased being Dutch ;)

My concern is about calm in the team, and working together as a team. Once that mood would get tainted, and gets to be troubled, I can see a line-up change coming. If that would include Ricciardo, I don't know, and I even wouldn't rule out Yuki or Nyck for that seat should it come to that ... Arguably Danny-Ric is the better driver of the three, but also out of the car momentarily and not getting younger either. Marko's mind works in mysterious ways at such times though ...
Josh Clark
(Grupo Elite)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #134 colocada 13 Mar 2023, 18:07:19 Citar 
Marko's mind regarding drivers works like this
https://i.imgur.com/MuLYmOR.gifv
Eric Ingraham
(Grupo Amateur - 13)

País:
Estados Unidos da América 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #135 colocada 13 Mar 2023, 18:37:25 Citar 
Quote ( Niels Van Heijster @ March 13th 2023,17:50:52 )

My concern is about calm in the team, and working together as a team.

In the case of Max and RBR, what this actually means is a #2 driver that clearly understands he is the #2 and doesn't challenge Max, e.g. Valtteri at Mercedes. Max is not capable of working as a teammate with another driver, but with his abilities he doesn't need to be either. RBR just needs to find someone to do the job and keep his head down to help Max's championship pursuits.
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Grupo Pro - 20)

País:
México 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #136 colocada 13 Mar 2023, 18:41:54 Citar 
Quote ( Niels Van Heijster @ March 13th 2023,17:50:52 )

However, I don;t think he'll be able to outperform Max on track over a whole season ... But I may be biased being Dutch ;)

Even with your orange tinted glasses :p I would agree that Checo is by no means a match to Max, he is one of a kind, but I also think he is a good match for him.

Unfortunately, issues such as Monaco, and the press have soured up the relationship they had, and Max also too self centered, as many champions are.

If the car is not changed to suit Max's front balanced car Checo will be close to him. In the early 2022 season the car mas more balanced and Checo was closer, as the car develop it turned more front balanced and Checo even lost the "Tyre Whisperer" attribute since he was battling more with the car (it is interesting to see that comparison between Qualy for Max, Checo and Charles and you can see the different syle of each driver, Checo brakes much later and comes out a little bit slower than Max, but Max´s skills are evident where Checo makes a slight mistake on the closing turns and loses the slight advantage he had.

Something that is evident also is that the team is getting tired of this, both drivers were instructed to slow down to lower engine degradation, Checo complied , but Max´s engineer had to ask it several times and you could hear his annoyance.

Regarding Marko, many are speculating about Marko loosing power with the new Red Bull management, he has lost direct line to them
Marcelo Ascencio
(Grupo Amateur - 18)

País:
Argentina 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #137 colocada 13 Mar 2023, 19:13:21 (Editado em 13 Mar 2023, 19:14:48 por Marcelo Ascencio) Citar 
I read somewhere that Marko is close to retirement, and Seb Vettel was in the line for that role, who knows, he has a good character and drivers seem to like him..
(here) https://bit.ly/3ZZe1kx

What is going on on Ferrari? more tteam members leaving? Charles want to talk to the manager? (Elkann), And Ferrari CEO mad at TP for friendship with Toto?
This cannot help Ferrari, they need to sort things up, they are the only team that can challenge now

Ibrahim Akhtar
(Grupo Amateur - 48)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #138 colocada 13 Mar 2023, 19:24:21 Citar 
Quote ( Marcelo Ascencio @ March 13th 2023,19:13:21 )

What is going on on Ferrari? more tteam members leaving? Charles want to talk to the manager? (Elkann), And Ferrari CEO mad at TP for friendship with Toto?
This cannot help Ferrari, they need to sort things up, they are the only team that can challenge now

I heard rumours about Lewis Hamilton might join Ferrari if he has another bad season.
Niels Van Heijster
(Grupo Amateur - 13)

País:
Holanda 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #139 colocada 13 Mar 2023, 19:50:01 (Editado em 13 Mar 2023, 19:52:16 por Niels Van Heijster) Citar 
Quote ( Marcelo Ascencio @ March 13th 2023,19:13:21 )

What is going on on Ferrari?

Word now is that Laurant Mekkies has stated to want oout too. He reportedly has had offers from Alpine, FIA and Liverty Media. However, contract wise it would be difficult to get out ...

In Dutch due to regional IP stuff, but open to be translated easily by well know means;
https://www.gpblog.com/nl/nieuws/187578/meer-slecht-nieuws-f... .

And on Hamilton's possible switch ...
https://www.gpblog.com/nl/nieuws/187097/hamilton-naar-ferrar...

Marcelo Ascencio
(Grupo Amateur - 18)

País:
Argentina 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #140 colocada 13 Mar 2023, 20:04:03 (Editado em 13 Mar 2023, 20:11:11 por Marcelo Ascencio) Citar 
https://twitter.com/Madiethebadieee/status/1634525588642734081?s=20

Quote ( Ibrahim Akhtar @ March 13th 2023,19:24:21 )

I heard rumours about Lewis Hamilton might join Ferrari if he has another bad season.
Quote ( Niels Van Heijster @ March 13th 2023,19:50:01 )

And on Hamilton's possible switch ...
https://www.gpblog.com/nl/nieuws/187097/hamilton-naar-ferrar...

Lewis contract ends this year, and Charles next year.. I find it hard to see a Lewis in red.. Is Lando going to Mercedes then? Or is it Red Bull..

Man the driver's market craziness started early
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Grupo Pro - 20)

País:
México 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #141 colocada 13 Mar 2023, 20:19:56 (Editado em 13 Mar 2023, 20:21:48 por Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo) Citar 
Quote ( Niels Van Heijster @ March 13th 2023,19:50:01 )

In Dutch due to regional IP stuff, but open to be translated easily by well know means;
https://www.gpblog.com/nl/nieuws/187578/meer-slecht-nieuws-f... .

Here it is inEnglish both of them
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/187579/more-bad-news-ferrari-...
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/187108/hamilton-to-ferrari-la...

I have the same issues with GPBlog it shows me the SPanish content that is generally bad, but a simple country exchange on the address does the trick generally

Sam Tipple
(Grupo Pro - 23)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #142 colocada 15 Mar 2023, 21:57:10 Citar 
Leclerc 10 place grid penalty

Thank goodness Binotto got kicked. Two obvious issues to fix since last summer- engine reliability and tyre degradation. Both are now potentially even worse than before.

Keith Partridge
(Grupo Amateur - 51)

País:
País de Gales 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #143 colocada 15 Mar 2023, 23:18:02 Citar 
Hamilton will quit at the end of the season if Mercedes are not competitive
Marcelo Ascencio
(Grupo Amateur - 18)

País:
Argentina 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #144 colocada 16 Mar 2023, 01:11:27 (Editado em 16 Mar 2023, 01:24:37 por Marcelo Ascencio) Citar 
Quote ( Sam Tipple @ March 15th 2023,21:57:10 )

Leclerc 10 place grid penalty

Thank goodness Binotto got kicked. Two obvious issues to fix since last summer- engine reliability and tyre degradation. Both are now potentially even worse than before.

Battery and electronics (ES and CE).. not engine..
Binotto left last December, also left ½ the top team leaders, (David Sanchez, Jonathan Giacobazzi, Gino Rosatto, Iñaki Rueda was relocated, Laurent Mekies is TBD...) now if they decide to hire somebody from other team, they have to wait the "gardening time" not smart IMO..

Quote ( Keith Partridge @ March 15th 2023,23:18:02 )

Apparently Mercedes F1 had notice from Daimler, that if they don't revert the situation by Baku, they will be forced by the Germans to provide the best units to Aston Martin (prioritize the best chance to champion)
Like, every batch of ICE have those that perform a bit better, It looks like Daimler wants the best chances not wasted
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Grupo Pro - 20)

País:
México 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #145 colocada 16 Mar 2023, 01:25:10 Citar 
Quote ( Marcelo Ascencio @ March 16th 2023,01:11:27 )

Battery and electronics (ES and CE).. not engine..

I think they are only changing electronics, looks like the battery could be saved, yet if they change both it should be 10 places each

Quote ( Marcelo Ascencio @ March 16th 2023,01:11:27 )

Apparently Mercedes F1 had notice from Daimler, that if they don't revert the situation by Baku, they will be forced by the Germans to provide the best units to Aston Martin (prioritize the best chance to champion)
Like, every batch of ICE have those that perform a bit better, It looks like Daimler wants the best chances not wasted

That´s true some engines could perform better, and if Merc can´t improve they could send this engines to AMR, I wonder if there is also some mappings that could be different,
Marcelo Ascencio
(Grupo Amateur - 18)

País:
Argentina 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #146 colocada 16 Mar 2023, 01:39:02 Citar 
Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ March 16th 2023,01:25:10 )

I think they are only changing electronics, looks like the battery could be saved, yet if they change both it should be 10 places each

Engine vibrations made a cable harness trigger failsafe.. It sucks to start the season like this.. I agree with that

Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ March 16th 2023,01:25:10 )

That´s true some engines could perform better, and if Merc can´t improve they could send this engines to AMR, I wonder if there is also some mappings that could be different,
I don't know, but it was a paddock talk that Alonso has some unique mapping, allowing him to go a bit faster in some areas, (I think everyone has some kind of mapping a bit different than the rest)
Marcelo Ascencio
(Grupo Amateur - 18)

País:
Argentina 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #147 colocada 16 Mar 2023, 02:14:46 Citar 
Red Bull:
After the death of Dietrich Mateschitz, the whole organization is being restructured, It looks like Horner has a new boss, and Marko don't have the feeling he did with his old friend Dietrich..

Marko is 80 y/o and is believed to leave the sport soon.

Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Grupo Pro - 20)

País:
México 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #148 colocada 16 Mar 2023, 07:23:42 Citar 
Leclerc's race battery pack is gone, can´t be repaired,

The other Battery pacj that was replaced before the race could be repaired, but will be monitored in case the repair was not sufficient.

Both ECU's were damaged so he will need to get a third one and thus will face a 10 positions penalty.

The failure was in the battery pack, which damaged the ECU.

According to Ferrari, it was an issue only present on Charles car, and all other Ferrari engined cars don´t need to worry, however one wonders how to of them failed and exactly on Charles Car though vibration is suspected, but Carlos Sainz's car did ot have the issue.
Sonny Long
(Grupo Rookie - 143)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #149 colocada 16 Mar 2023, 10:45:21 Citar 

where would he go to if he left Mercedes though?
Ibrahim Akhtar
(Grupo Amateur - 48)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #150 colocada 16 Mar 2023, 10:46:03 Citar 
Quote ( Sonny Long @ March 16th 2023,10:45:21 )

where would he go to if he left Mercedes though?

There are rumours that Ferrari will be his first choice.
Página « 1 2 3 4 [56 ... 12 13 14 » Ir rapidamente para a página:

Responder a este tópico