Grand Prix Racing Online Fórum > News & interviews forum > [GPRO Oscars] Unofficial S90 Community Awards - Voting Stage Ignorar este tópico Adicionar este tópico à lista de tópicos vigiados
Página « 1 [23 4 5 » Ir rapidamente para a página:
Autor Tópico: [GPRO Oscars] Unofficial S90 Community Awards - Voting Stage 125 respostas
Ivan Silva
(Grupo Elite)

País:
Portugal 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (0)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #31 colocada 12 Jan 2023, 09:54:29 Citar 
Voted.
Ricardo Antunes
(Grupo Pro - 2)

País:
Portugal 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (1)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #32 colocada 12 Jan 2023, 09:56:37 Citar 
Quote ( Steven Hill @ January 8th 2023,01:34:43 )

People tend to get bored with the same old people being nominated and winning year in, year out, except for the Hall Of Fame. Just saying!!!!

Aren't you contributing towards this by not making any nominations though? :P
Kai Wen Chew
(Grupo Elite)

Equipa GPRO
  País:
Singapura 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (3)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #33 colocada 12 Jan 2023, 10:30:57 Citar 
Done :D

I wouldn’t be too harsh really on yourselves Kyle and Jon….I do think that the end of season coinciding with the holiday season just makes things worse as well, because me for example went on holiday, and then have to get back into the swing on working again + post-holiday business, which makes something like this slip my mind :P
Jun Ho
(Grupo Pro - 14)

País:
Hong Kong 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (5)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #34 colocada 12 Jan 2023, 10:37:59 Citar 

I wouldn’t be too harsh really on yourselves Kyle and Jon….I do think that the end of season coinciding with the holiday season just makes things worse as well, because me for example went on holiday, and then have to get back into the swing on working again + post-holiday business, which makes something like this slip my mind :P
Farkhad Rakhimzhanov
(Grupo Amateur - 21)

País:
Cazaquistão 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #35 colocada 12 Jan 2023, 10:44:22 Citar 
Wrong account @Kai Wen Chew (E)

Ivan Silva
(Grupo Elite)

País:
Portugal 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #36 colocada 12 Jan 2023, 10:57:44 Citar 

George Togas
(Grupo Master - 4)

País:
Grécia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #37 colocada 12 Jan 2023, 11:02:29 Citar 
Done.
Earlier than ever.

Rumen Monov
(Grupo Rookie - 7)

País:
Bulgária 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #38 colocada 12 Jan 2023, 11:16:36 Citar 

Kai Wen Chew
(Grupo Elite)

Equipa GPRO
  País:
Singapura 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #39 colocada 12 Jan 2023, 11:44:07 Citar 
Must be a bug in the system, my message got replicated across all my accounts :D
Ivan Silva
(Grupo Elite)

País:
Portugal 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #40 colocada 12 Jan 2023, 12:04:47 Citar 
Must be a bug in the system, my message got replicated across all my accounts :D
Niels Van Heijster
(Grupo Amateur - 13)

País:
Holanda 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #41 colocada 12 Jan 2023, 12:53:26 Citar 
Somebody knocking ... ?!
Mairo Toom
(Grupo Amateur - 47)

País:
Estónia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #42 colocada 12 Jan 2023, 16:19:18 Citar 

Richard Robin Paukson
(Grupo Amateur - 16)

País:
Estónia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #43 colocada 12 Jan 2023, 20:46:11 Citar 

Jun Ho
(Grupo Pro - 14)

País:
Hong Kong 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #44 colocada 12 Jan 2023, 20:56:07 Citar 
I have too many DAs...
Kyle Morris
(Grupo Amateur - 42)

Mod. Tópico
  País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #45 colocada 12 Jan 2023, 21:18:04 Citar 
See the post holiday stuff is the whole reason why we slightly delayed this, but then because of it, its just out of everyones mind, which i think we all understand. I guess we shall see!

We are up to 31, so Jon might have to start preparing :D
Steven Hill
(Grupo Pro - 19)

País:
Austrália 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #46 colocada 12 Jan 2023, 22:07:44 Citar 
@Ricardo Antunes (P2)
Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ January 12th 2023,09:56:37 )

Quote ( Steven Hill @ January 8th 2023,01:34:43 )

People tend to get bored with the same old people being nominated and winning year in, year out, except for the Hall Of Fame. Just saying!!!!

Aren't you contributing towards this by not making any nominations though? :P

No, I have never nominates but always voted.

I really don't care who is nominated but it just seems to be the same people every time it comes around. Like I said, just saying and if that is not to your liking.....too bad.
Sam Tipple
(Grupo Pro - 23)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #47 colocada 12 Jan 2023, 22:25:50 Citar 
Come on Jun Ho (P14) , we only need 1 more of your DAs to get to 32 votes
Jun Ho
(Grupo Pro - 14)

País:
Hong Kong 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #48 colocada 13 Jan 2023, 09:45:11 Citar 
Quote ( Sam Tipple @ January 12th 2023,22:25:50 )

Come on Jun Ho (P14) , we only need 1 more of your DAs to get to 32 votes

Ricardo Antunes
(Grupo Pro - 2)

País:
Portugal 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #49 colocada 13 Jan 2023, 12:23:12 Citar 
Quote ( Steven Hill @ January 12th 2023,22:07:44 )

No, I have never nominates but always voted.

I really don't care who is nominated but it just seems to be the same people every time it comes around. Like I said, just saying and if that is not to your liking.....too bad.

I actually agree with you that it seems like the same people are getting nominated for the forum categories all the time.

I'm sorry if my post felt like I was criticizing you for not nominating (as your post came across as someone who was offended or something of the sorts by what I posted...), and of course there's no issue with not nominating people. However, if you're not nominating, you accept which nominees come afloat and you sort of lose all grounds to complain about it, if you get what I mean. If you want someone new to be nominated, then nominate that new person.

My take on it: nominations are mostly fair every season since I've started paying attention in the forums. Which is sad because, as you mention, it's the same people over and over. Which coming back again to what you said, we have so many active people in the forums and only a few get the spotlight. I attribute this not to "friends nominating friends" as you mentioned, but actually a lot of those active users usually being quite negative or unfriendly in the forums as of late. It's really been a poor era for the forums, even compared to when I joined a few years ago (which relativitly it's really not a long time).

It's like the 4th Oscars in a row that I struggle to make some nominations as the forum hasn't been on it's best. It's noticable as well by the lack of nominations for post of the season. A few seasons ago you had like 7 of these, now it's 1 or 2.

Jon's tuxedos won't change this, the community needs to change its behaviour and attitude in the forums. There's no banter anymore and everyone is quite formal and overall negative, and that does not make a good combo with a fun Oscars, at least in the forum department. In the GPRO related departments, different names come around every time so I assume you don't have a problem there.

Though it's difficult at best to say how can the community improve, where could we start to make this a better place. I'd start by getting rid of a certain thread, and maybe people should start trying to use the Chat Box more and trying to share more fun stuff with others. It might be forced at first, but perhaps in a few months time people will use the forums more instinctivly and the banter will be back :D
Richard Robin Paukson
(Grupo Amateur - 16)

País:
Estónia 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (3)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #50 colocada 13 Jan 2023, 13:03:25 Citar 
Quote ( Steven Hill @ January 12th 2023,22:07:44 )

That's probably because the same people keep nominating, and naturally we follow our friends/acquaintances the closest. And Ric's point was that you could be the one to change the trend, by nominating people that the rest of us have missed if it's so important to you, instead of leaving it up to us to put in the extra work/research.

Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ January 13th 2023,12:23:12 )

Jon's tuxedos won't change this, the community needs to change its behaviour and attitude in the forums. There's no banter anymore and everyone is quite formal and overall negative, and that does not make a good combo with a fun Oscars, at least in the forum department. In the GPRO related departments, different names come around every time so I assume you don't have a problem there.

I think that might be down to a generational shift/the rise of the Discord server. A lot of the active forum users have grown up by now, have lives etc, many have quit as well. And a lot of the banter and light chat has deferred to the Discord server (and also team servers) which is much more accommodating of shorter messages while the forum is seen as a more "formal" environment.
Stuart Foster
(Grupo Amateur - 26)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #51 colocada 13 Jan 2023, 16:05:27 Citar 
I would agree with what Richard said in his second comment, although personally speaking I havn't really noticed any change in the forum in recent times, but certainly in 5-10 years. To be honest 90% of my activity is in silly games so I probably wouldn't notice anyway, I generally only get interested in the main forum when something comes up to do with the thing tha brought us here (the game itself) rather than regular chat or whatever. I noticed a bigger change on the team forum than the main forum actually, which is mainly down to me not being bothered to get involved with discord. So, I can see that discord has caused a shift in the game environment for me on one level, but not on the main forum, but then you don't notice what you don't see/read or engage with.

@Kyle Morris (A42) I sent some votes yesterday which are showing as unopened, btw.
Kyle Morris
(Grupo Amateur - 42)

Mod. Tópico
  País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #52 colocada 13 Jan 2023, 16:06:57 Citar 

Quote ( Stuart Foster @ January 13th 2023,16:05:27 )

@Kyle Morris (A42) I sent some votes yesterday which are showing as unopened, btw.

I know :) I tend not to open the votes till after the deadline :)

What i'm essentially hearing is that Discord has ruined the forums :D I dont use the discord as there is just too many notifications its constantly on mute
Thijs Rieken
(Grupo Amateur - 50)

País:
Holanda 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #53 colocada 13 Jan 2023, 16:09:34 Citar 
Quote ( Richard Robin Paukson @ January 13th 2023,13:03:25 )

A lot of the active forum users have grown up by now

Let's keep it at "they aged" please :P
Mairo Toom
(Grupo Amateur - 47)

País:
Estónia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #54 colocada 13 Jan 2023, 16:53:40 Citar 
Yeah, even though I joined in 2006 as a kid, I'm an aged kid now. Defo not a grown up.
Richard Robin Paukson
(Grupo Amateur - 16)

País:
Estónia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #55 colocada 13 Jan 2023, 17:00:19 Citar 
Yeah, my bad. I'm an aged kid too but haven't actually grown since joining either. :P
Roy Mitchell
(Grupo Amateur - 47)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #56 colocada 13 Jan 2023, 17:19:34 (Editado em 13 Jan 2023, 17:20:16 por Roy Mitchell) Citar 
Relax guy's I didn't hit puberty until I was 34. More then twice that age now and still haven't 'grown up'

Fact of the matter is, the 'growing up' years are highly overrated so I decided to just skip by those times.

something about 18 till I die.
Mairo Toom
(Grupo Amateur - 47)

País:
Estónia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #57 colocada 13 Jan 2023, 17:20:47 Citar 
Quote ( Roy Mitchell @ January 13th 2023,17:19:34 )

Relax guy's I didn't hit puberty until I was 34
Phew, so you telling me I still have a chance to grow beard one day ?
Roy Mitchell
(Grupo Amateur - 47)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #58 colocada 13 Jan 2023, 18:21:17 Citar 
No guarantees with that. I didn't have facial hair that you could see until I WAS 34! I thought... That was puberty?
Joe Manifold
(Grupo Pro - 19)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #59 colocada 13 Jan 2023, 18:31:30 Citar 
Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ January 13th 2023,12:23:12 )

Though it's difficult at best to say how can the community improve, where could we start to make this a better place. I'd start by getting rid of a certain thread, and maybe people should start trying to use the Chat Box more and trying to share more fun stuff with others. It might be forced at first, but perhaps in a few months time people will use the forums more instinctivly and the banter will be back :D

Most of the banter people left the game years ago, there's only a select few people that remain who I would banter with tbh. That doesn't include @Jack Wemyss (Ret)
Kyle Morris
(Grupo Amateur - 42)

Mod. Tópico
  País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #60 colocada 13 Jan 2023, 20:21:03 Citar 
any final voters?
Página « 1 [23 4 5 » Ir rapidamente para a página:
Grand Prix Racing Online Fórum > News & interviews forum > [GPRO Oscars] Unofficial S90 Community Awards - Voting Stage Ignorar este tópico Adicionar este tópico à lista de tópicos vigiados

Responder a este tópico