Grand Prix Racing Online Fórum > Forum games > Knockout Super League - [SEASON 1 END] Ignorar este tópico Adicionar este tópico à lista de tópicos vigiados
Página « 1 2 3 ... 17 18 [19 Ir rapidamente para a página:
Autor Tópico: Knockout Super League - [SEASON 1 END] 556 respostas
Onur Guardian
(Grupo Rookie - 34)

País:
Turquia 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (0)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #541 colocada 9 Mai 2023, 11:10:11 Citar 
Quote ( Richard Robin Paukson @ May 9th 2023,10:35:25 )

You were guaranteed to reach the Semi-Final by sending 0 because the first tiebreak is head-to-head, noob. :P

there are more to learn math here :P Greg lost on me - Ric lost on Greg and if i did send 0 to Ric then circle is done so head to head is void ;) NOOB
Ricardo Antunes
(Grupo Amateur - 42)

País:
Portugal 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #542 colocada 9 Mai 2023, 11:23:09 Citar 
Quote ( Richard Robin Paukson @ May 9th 2023,10:35:25 )

You were guaranteed to reach the Semi-Final by sending 0 because the first tiebreak is head-to-head, noob. :P

Quote ( Onur Guardian @ May 9th 2023,11:10:11 )

there are more to learn math here :P Greg lost on me - Ric lost on Greg and if i did send 0 to Ric then circle is done so head to head is void ;) NOOB

Here is a simpler math for you both absolute gigantic humongous N00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000BS.

6 > 3

Not bad for someone who spends so much time in uni right :P
Onur Guardian
(Grupo Rookie - 34)

País:
Turquia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #543 colocada 9 Mai 2023, 11:26:15 Citar 
Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ May 9th 2023,11:23:09 )

6 > 3

oh its good you to know it 6 bigger than 3 :P
Ethan Littlejohns
(Grupo Pro - 24)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #544 colocada 9 Mai 2023, 14:56:41 Citar 
How about everyone stops calling eachother noobs and works it out :p

If everyone plays as expected then:

Katerina spends 15
Greg spends 16
Ricardo spends 15

In this scenario Onur can't qualify regardless of how he plays.

Onur either plays 0 and hopes Greg doesn't spend 16, or spends any amount and hopes Ricardo doesn't beat him OR Greg doesn't spend 16. At least by playing 14 Onur guaranteed to get 1 round further than he should have done if either player made a mistake. I think the only misplay was from Greg who thought energy carried over.

It does make me think that this format doesn't work great for the final tournament and maybe energy should carry over? Not all of it, but 20% up to a max of 5 for example (although I think there are better solutions, I don't particularly like this one). The problem as I see it is that the results are very forced for players who are guaranteed to go out, which makes it forced for everyone. Same can be said for the final tournament before this one where everyone who couldn't make top 8 should go all in. (which is what I was banking on to qualify in the top 8... didn't work out :P).
Kai Wen Chew
(Grupo Elite)

Equipa GPRO
  País:
Singapura 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #545 colocada 9 Mai 2023, 15:20:48 Citar 
Yeah, don't really know of a better way to go about the final tournament at this point....I like the Nov tournament being an all or nothing for those who can't go all in, it makes last minute qualification much tougher and poses an extra challenge for those relying on a final day miracle as well, which prevents people from stockpiling so much energy and qualifying, of course, unless you have managed to be more efficient with energy usage before the final tournament. Worth saying that you could have participated in the tournament though, and spent 0 on the 1st round. The points from that would have qualified you for the Grand Finals at a cost of -5 energy :P

Re the final tournament, I don't want to change something where I don't know the solution to, so if you have suggestions for that I am happy to hear. Its definitely not perfect but not entirely sure how to go about that. At the same time though, I'm happy that certain gambles have managed to work out, though it did swing the game wildly to Dion's favour.

One possible idea I could have would be that for the grand finals, everyone starts with a pre-set amount of energy (with decreasing amounts as your seeding decreases) so whatever you saved previously in November doesn't count. What I don't like about that system is that it lessens the incentive for top seeds to rest on the final month of November, so now you get an extremely saturated final matchday since there is no consequence to going all in there. So I still don't know how best to settle this is the true answer for me I guess :D
Bert Meeus
(Grupo Pro - 11)

País:
Bélgica 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #546 colocada 9 Mai 2023, 15:52:01 Citar 
I like it the way it is now. November was very fun to watch, because you could see a bunch of strategies: those who were guaranteed to qualify for the World Grand Finals rested or used low energy, those who had a good chance to qualify could either gamble and rest or try to get some additional points and assure their qualification for the final tournament, then there were those who needed a bunch of points to still qualify for it and some succeeded even while having to go all in, and the others just tried to win that tournament when having all their energy available for it.

December was a bit similar to me, with some surprises in group B making it quite exciting. Not in group A though, my 0-1 loss against Dion was accounted for as I did not need those points to qualify for the next round, and all other games have expected outcomes. The knockout phase will be dull though, but in future seasons it might be differently.

I have one tiny suggestion: just assume that both finalists will go all-in and do not wait for us to submit after publishing the semi-final results. So we can speed up a bit! ;-)

Kai Wen Chew
(Grupo Elite)

Equipa GPRO
  País:
Singapura 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (2)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #547 colocada 9 Mai 2023, 16:20:20 Citar 
As both finalist had already sent me their strategies for the finals, you get everything published today! :D

Grand Finals - Knockout Stages

https://i.ibb.co/48hKcL4/Screenshot-2023-05-09-at-10-11-51-PM.png

Well, it was an exhausting match for Onur, as he appears to have used up all his energy to qualify for the Semi-Finals. This meant that Dion could go easy with a 1-0 win in the Semifinals, to qualify for the finals with one eye on the prize. It was a different affair in the other Semi-Final matchup though, with both Bert and Ricardo playing out a thrilling 20-20 draw. Of course, this meant that Ricardo suffered in extra-time, with Bert emerging as 1-0 victors following a hard fought competition.

This exhaustion for Bert carries on into the final, as the more energetic and well-rested Dion trashed the World No. 2 26-4 in the final, to win the first ever Grand Final ever! It wraps a fantastic season for the Dutchman, this being his 3rd win this season!

Congrats to @Dion Staal (P16) for winning the Grand Finals!

Commiserations to @Bert Meeus (P11), but good job for being the runners-up here.

Fantastic effort @Ricardo Antunes (A42) and @Onur Guardian (R34), you have done well getting to the Semi-Finals here.

Kai Wen Chew
(Grupo Elite)

Equipa GPRO
  País:
Singapura 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (1)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #548 colocada 9 Mai 2023, 16:28:47 Citar 
World Rankings - Season 1 End

https://i.ibb.co/R4qwPNw/Screenshot-2023-05-09-at-10-20-49-PM.png

Congrats to @Onur Guardian (R34) for ending the season as World Number 1, on the finest of margins, winning Bert on tiebreak in number of runners-up places this season!

The following players will start Season 2 with bonus energy:

Onur Guardian (TUR): +7 Energy
Dion Staal (NED): +7 Energy
Christian Beaulieu (CAN): +2 Energy
Greg Tierney (USA): +2 Energy
Tom Byrne (AUS): +2 Energy

Thank you to everyone for having participated in Season 1 of the KSL! There has definitely been some slip-ups, and mistakes in the first season, but I had expected some of this to crop up given its the first time this concept has been done, and I hope they have been slightly fixed for the upcoming season. Having spent nearly half a year planning, preparing and writing up the rules for this game, I am really delighted that it has turned out to be as exciting as I hoped for it to be, and hope that with the new season coming in, and with a background of results to look at, it will get even more competitive as we move onto the new season. Thank you all for your support and patience.

And now....the part you have been waiting for. My aim is to start the new thread for Season 2 either tomorrow or Thursday, with the aim of starting the new season on Sunday, where the draw for the January tournaments are released...so stay tuned for more information!

Onur Guardian
(Grupo Rookie - 34)

País:
Turquia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #549 colocada 9 Mai 2023, 16:34:50 Citar 
Quote ( Kai Wen Chew @ May 9th 2023,16:28:47 )

Congrats to @Onur Guardian (R34) for ending the season as World Number 1, on the finest of margins, winning Bert on tiebreak in number of runners-up places this season!

Cheers!!! and it was amazing to Battle with @Bert Meeus (P11) almost whole season and welldone to @Dion Staal (P16) for his final strike and win here.

For the December Tournament i could offer an idea for league stages: instead of submit 1 by 1 how about we submit 3 games at once? then there will be interesting stuations and moslty unpredictable Semi-Finalists would come.

But in all the way it was 1 of the best games i ve played for long time coz it was all fun and mind f.cking :D welldone @Kai Wen Chew (E)
Bert Meeus
(Grupo Pro - 11)

País:
Bélgica 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #550 colocada 9 Mai 2023, 16:39:52 Citar 
Congratz @Onur Guardian (R34)! I did not realize it was so close though! ;-)

Thanks for hosting @Kai Wen Chew (E) for creating a fairly simple game but which allows for so much strategy! Looking forward to season 2.
George Togas
(Grupo Pro - 19)

País:
Grécia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #551 colocada 9 Mai 2023, 17:10:22 Citar 
Grats Onur and Bert and thanks Kai for hosting.
Confirm S2
Ivelin Dobrev
(Grupo Rookie - 140)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #552 colocada 9 Mai 2023, 17:31:47 Citar 
Loved the game Kai, thanks!

Congrats to the winners :)

Maybe the final tournament could be league only? That way there will be no obvious knockout results. Just top 8 playing once against each other would be good.
Greg Tierney
(Grupo Amateur - 25)

País:
Estados Unidos da América 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #553 colocada 9 Mai 2023, 17:53:53 Citar 
Thanks for hosting Kai!

I'll try not to be such a noob next season :)
Jun Ho
(Grupo Amateur - 14)

País:
Hong Kong 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #554 colocada 9 Mai 2023, 18:03:49 Citar 
Cheers Jun for hosting!!
Ethan Littlejohns
(Grupo Pro - 24)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #555 colocada 9 Mai 2023, 18:40:12 Citar 
Quote ( Ethan Littlejohns @ May 9th 2023,14:56:41 )

It does make me think that this format doesn't work great for the final tournament and maybe energy should carry over?

I should probably clarify that I really enjoyed the game and this wasn't a complaint, it's pretty much the only thing that I think doesn't work very well. Overall the game was very good and I am definitely in for S2 :D

Quote ( Kai Wen Chew @ May 9th 2023,15:20:48 )

I like the Nov tournament being an all or nothing for those who can't go all in, it makes last minute qualification much tougher and poses an extra challenge for those relying on a final day miracle as well, which prevents people from stockpiling so much energy and qualifying, of course, unless you have managed to be more efficient with energy usage before the final tournament.

I agree with this, although I think it looks a bit silly when people spend 20 energy on round 1 it also does add some strategy in trying to secure top 8 earlier.

Quote ( Kai Wen Chew @ May 9th 2023,15:20:48 )

Worth saying that you could have participated in the tournament though, and spent 0 on the 1st round. The points from that would have qualified you for the Grand Finals at a cost of -5 energy :P

Not complaining about how I went out, I knew it was risky, I was just hoping both tournaments would fill and the lower ranked players would knock out the people close to me by spending all their energy. Too risky in the end :D

Quote ( Ivelin Dobrev @ May 9th 2023,17:31:47 )

Maybe the final tournament could be league only? That way there will be no obvious knockout results. Just top 8 playing once against each other would be good.

As a different idea, maybe there could be a set number of rounds where everyone submits and gets points depending on how they ranked (10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1 for example). I guess this goes against the point of individuals competing directly against each other but would at least solve the predictability aspect.
Dion Staal
(Grupo Pro - 16)

País:
Holanda 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #556 colocada 9 Mai 2023, 22:51:10 Citar 
Congrats Onur for being the season 1 winner and thanks Chew for hosting the game!

I would say that changing the final tournament to a league of 8 people could make it more interesting strategy wise. Personally I felt like that the way we did it now was also good (with a bit of bias probably) as Bert, Ricardo and I prepared for this tournament already quite a long time and I just got the most lucky in the draw. Maybe instead of people going all in in the last group stage match, there could also be a tournament for P5-P8 with a small adjustment for the point system for this particular tournament. This way there maybe is also more to play for people who just make the final 8 and have less to play for as well as making the tournament in general more interesting
Kai Wen Chew
(Grupo Elite)

Equipa GPRO
  País:
Singapura 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #557 colocada 10 Mai 2023, 18:46:17 Citar 
Hello everyone, the new topic for S2 KSL is up:

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=31268&LP=Y#scroll

Do post on that thread early so that I will not have problems tagging you in the future, very important for reminders!
Página « 1 2 3 ... 17 18 [19 Ir rapidamente para a página:
Grand Prix Racing Online Fórum > Forum games > Knockout Super League - [SEASON 1 END] Ignorar este tópico Adicionar este tópico à lista de tópicos vigiados

Responder a este tópico