Grand Prix Racing Online Jabb'rin' > Suggestions forum > B Series Competition (F2 Style) Be addin' thi' jabb'r t' yer nay care list Be addin' thi' jabb'r t' yer impor' list
This Sheet [1
Thi' Captain Spake Jabb'r: B Series Competition (F2 Style) 's many 's 2 answ'rs
Darryl Kucmerowski
(Squadron Amateur - 49)

Postin's: 357
  Home Port:
United States 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (0)   Dislike this here post (3)
A old postin' #1 Spake upon Dec 21 2021, 14:05:31 Be quotin' 
I know there has been threads about junior drivers, test drivers and youth programs... but what about a concept that takes existing code and gameplay and tweaks it to create a sustainable driver program?

I'm talking about creating something similar to F2, or a B series, to allow young drivers to race?

I think you strip away the sponsor system, and all the staff etc, and create a series where you just have the cars and drivers. The running costs are reduced, there's no prize money so you have to fund your B series team with your main teams winnings, and the drivers can race in those series up to a certain age. If you don't sign them after that age then they hit the free agent market. (say 21 or 22)

Would use the same driver market as today, and you would make offers to them the same way, except you would indicate that this was a B series ride in the offer... obviously drivers would prioritize A series rides over B series rides...

you could also make the XP gains based a little more on the results - if your B series driver isn't doing well, they are not gaining as much XP where as a B series driver who is winning, gains more. This creates incentive for folks to spend a little more on those B series cars.

In theory, you could have setups and race prep, just like a normal race, and have them on different days or times... would also give those who enjoy that aspect of the game extra time to race.

Driver training for B series would be the same way as normal - however it could be nerfed if needed to control people from just rolling driver after driver. You would want to create balance so that Elite and Master managers can't create a farm and lock down those divisions... so balance would be key.

Overall, I think it may be a decent way to utilize existing code to create a fun new way to avoid the dreaded "rebuilding" of a new driver project and make it a tad more realistic... create better competition for longer periods of time, potentially, and also add fun!

Open to feedback/suggestions/you're stupid Darryl...

Have an awesome day!
Jun Ho
(Squadron Amateur - 52)

Postin's: 8525
  Home Port:
Hong Kong 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (0)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #2 Spake upon Dec 21 2021, 14:18:05 Be quotin' 
If it is an auto race and it is purely for training young drivers (no manual submissions), I don't mind this idea. To have a separate competition just feels like creating a second account, which is obviously against the rules of GPRO :)

Luke Frost
(Squadron Master - 5)

Postin's: 11111
  Home Port:
Australia 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (0)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #3 Spake upon Dec 21 2021, 14:56:07 Be quotin' 
It's not exactly the same as your suggestion, but @Vladimir Alexandrov (R3) gave us an update on the private leagues situation in May last year:

Quote ( Vladimir Alexandrov @ May 2nd 2020,14:59:26 )

I mentioned it in another forum topic that development of the private leagues and the new race engine has been discontinued due to Jukka leaving the team. I can resume the development alone after I am finished my current project (which will take a year at least).

I would imagine the host of the private leagues would be able to tweak a few things, but of course as Vlad has had to write all the code since Jukka retired, it probably wont happen unless we crowdsource and find him an admin partner or something....

Tagged Vlad as that 1y+ timeframe since then is about now :)
This Sheet [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Jabb'rin' > Suggestions forum > B Series Competition (F2 Style) Be addin' thi' jabb'r t' yer nay care list Be addin' thi' jabb'r t' yer impor' list

Be answ'rin' thi' jabber