Grand Prix Racing Online Forumas > Suggestions forum > [IDEA] Intermediate Tyres Įtraukti temą tarp ignoruojamų Įtraukti temą į stebimų temų sąrašą
Puslapis [1
Autorius Tema: [IDEA] Intermediate Tyres 24 atsakymų
John Oberland
(Grupė Amateur - 15)

Žinučių: 466
  Šalis:
Vokietija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (4)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (6)
Sena žinutė #1 parašyta 2008-Kov-12, 16:19:29 Cituoti 
Hey out there,

inspired by armins topic about the pitstrategy and the weather change the intermediate tyres of the real F1 came to my mind. so is it perhabs possible to at these tyres?
i mean they could be a thing between raintyres and normal tyres. this means that they are faster than normal tyres but slower than the raintyres in the rain. but if the track is dry the are faster than raintyres and hold out a bit longer on the dry track.

so what do you think !?
Armin van Hulkenburg
(Grupė Amateur - 3)

Žinučių: 5127
  Šalis:
Vokietija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (1)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (1)
Sena žinutė #2 parašyta 2008-Kov-12, 16:20:34 Cituoti 
we really need water depths on the track then, and that is getting quite complicated
Tom Parker
(Grupė Rookie - 25)

Žinučių: 9000
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (0)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #3 parašyta 2008-Kov-12, 16:21:13 Cituoti 
well the rack is either wet or dry isnt it? i cant see this working tbh with u
John Oberland
(Grupė Amateur - 15)

Šalis:
Vokietija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #4 parašyta 2008-Kov-12, 16:25:53 Cituoti 
why do we need water depths on the track then? we think the track is wet or dry. and sorry mates, but if never seen a street drying from one second to anathor only because it stops raining ;)
i just want to say many things in gpro and especially the weather is only a theoretical thing
Chris Williams
(Grupė Elite)

GPRO Komanda
Žinučių: 8561
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (3)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #5 parašyta 2008-Kov-12, 16:28:48 Cituoti 
I'm quietly confident that behind the scenes, the GPRO admins are considering what changes to make to the weather model within GPRO.

Intermediates, water depth, etc will all be included I'm sure :)
Gordon Ashford
(Grupė Master - 1)

GPRO Komanda
Žinučių: 10965
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #6 parašyta 2008-Kov-12, 16:28:55 Cituoti 
Intermediate tyres will really be redundant whilst the track is either wet or dry without the damp phase.

Yes I suppose you could run inters at the start of a dry race where you expect it to rain, or vice versa, but that would be the only real scenario that would serve any purpose.

Of course, if the wet track/dry track scenario changed then inters would suddenly become more appealing.
Tom Parker
(Grupė Rookie - 25)

Žinučių: 9000
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #7 parašyta 2008-Kov-12, 16:30:10 Cituoti 
yeah i agree with Gordon here. if it was changed then inters would be very useful
Steve Smith
(Grupė Master - 4)

Žinučių: 1086
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #8 parašyta 2008-Kov-12, 16:37:24 Cituoti 
Admins have previously said they will one day get around to looking at the whole track wet/dry scenario, in whic case inters would be useful. Little point at the moment (also, search for this topic, it's been done after every wet race ;p)
John Oberland
(Grupė Amateur - 15)

Šalis:
Vokietija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #9 parašyta 2008-Kov-12, 16:40:04 Cituoti 
ok, sorry steve, in future i will use that damn search engine :D
Håkan Ferm
(Grupė Master - 2)

Žinučių: 10576
  Šalis:
Švedija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #10 parašyta 2008-Kov-14, 06:13:47 Cituoti 
Quote ( Armin van Hulkenburg @ March 12th 2008,16:20:34 )

we really need water depths on the track then, and that is getting quite complicated

who says we do not have water depths right now ;)
just because you do not see them or them being displayed does not mean they are not already existing ;)
Jos Vidal
(Grupė Rookie - 237)

Žinučių: 479
  Šalis:
Ispanija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (0)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (1)
Sena žinutė #11 parašyta 2013-Bir-5, 00:08:24 Cituoti 
Quote ( Armin van Hulkenburg @ March 12th 2008,16:20:34 )

imo and I love racing im a real petrol head, i believe it is a brilliant improvement to this game if done right.

particuarly at the start lets say its 45-55% chance of rain, you get it wrong it is dry on race day and you specify wet, tyres basically now if your on a 1 even 2 stop strategy the car will not come in for tyres until the rain was to stop or vice-versa, this would in effect ruin your race had it happen already, as your driver would then wait until the rain stopped or tyres/fuel were exhausted, inters would give you a better chance, also pit stops should be able to be made on the fly, real pit crews and teams would never not react to their car being on the wrong tyres
Sion Francis
(Grupė Elite)

Žinučių: 6613
  Šalis:
Velsas 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (0)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (1)
Sena žinutė #12 parašyta 2013-Bir-5, 00:15:40 Cituoti 
I think I've said this before.

I used to think intermediate tyres/weather was a vital improvement, now I think not. The reason is simple - KISS.

the strategy options already available may seem simplistic but they actually offer a depth of options and allow a lot of thought. Adding 1 more factor would add an awful lot of complexity to strategy, to the point where I don't think it would be possible to think things through properly/cover most scenarios as you can now.

That is - by introducing intermediate tyres you run the risk of turning these races that people will insist on calling "lotteries" (they're not) into genuine luckfests.

Quote ( Jos Vidal @ June 5th 2013,00:08:24 )

also pit stops should be able to be made on the fly

http://wiki.gpro.net/index.php/Common_Suggestions_%26_Ideas#...

Tibor Szuromi
(Grupė Pro - 5)

Žinučių: 11909
  Šalis:
Vengrija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (1)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (3)
Sena žinutė #13 parašyta 2022-Lie-9, 13:42:49 Cituoti 
I think:

Wet tires should be chosen based on the expected amount of rain. This would require rain intensity [for example: liter/m2; the height of the water can be calculated from this] to predict.
Luke Frost
(Grupė Amateur - 47)

Žinučių: 11111
  Šalis:
Australija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (6)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (3)
Sena žinutė #14 parašyta 2022-Lie-9, 14:29:52 Cituoti 
Don't like it. Weather is already really difficult to predict and changes the order of the field-based only on that a lot of the time. Having 3-4 weather cycles as opposed to 2 right now would just expand on that. Unless we are suggesting moving to a live strategy option, which I also disagree being from Australia/Asia timezone (races are held at 2am-4am here. :D)
Tibor Szuromi
(Grupė Pro - 5)

Šalis:
Vengrija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (1)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (2)
Sena žinutė #15 parašyta 2022-Lie-9, 14:42:58 (paskutinis taisymas 2022-Lie-9, 14:44:29, taisė Tibor Szuromi) Cituoti 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ July 9th 2022,14:29:52 )

Don't like it. Weather is already really difficult to predict and changes the order of the field-based only on that a lot of the time. Having 3-4 weather cycles as opposed to 2 right now would just expand on that. Unless we are suggesting moving to a live strategy option, which I also disagree being from Australia/Asia timezone (races are held at 2am-4am here. :D)
/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=30803&PostId=4903078#post4903078

I reflected on this.
Wolf Roiter
(Grupė Amateur - 35)

Žinučių: 152
  Šalis:
Austrija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (3)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #16 parašyta 2022-Lie-9, 15:39:38 Cituoti 
I think it would be quite easy to introduce intermediate tyres with performance somewhere in between wet and dry compounds. The hard part would be adapting the race strategy options.

Currently we have the options to choose tyres for dry and wet weather. No idea how to include inters in a meaningful way. We would need some more conditions to choose from which would make everything very complex.

I like the current way of having straigt-forward options on the race strategy page. It gives you control to a certain degree while also leaving some risks that you can gamble on. Looks like a very good balance to me the way it is implemented now.
Josh Clark
(Grupė Master - 4)

Žinučių: 6667
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (6)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #17 parašyta 2022-Lie-9, 15:59:34 (paskutinis taisymas 2022-Lie-9, 16:00:05, taisė Josh Clark) Cituoti 
There's already quite a large pace gap between players in wet conditions, even in higher tiers. And there are a lot of options already to adapt your wet pace in mixed races - setup, fuel, risk, and effects from drivers and pit crews too of course.

For those reasons I don't think it's really necessary to have a different pace tyre for the wet. However there's also the problem of strategies becoming far too complex depending on how an intermediate tyre in implemented.

If we're going to be adding an intermediate tyre, I think it makes a lot of sense to thoroughly debate changes to the current rain/dry format first. I think inters are a completely useless addition unless that's changed, and depending on how we adapt the way rain works it could still be useless.

And if we're debating how rain works, unless it's very clear how much water will be on track and unless weather forecasts become a heck of a lot more accurate, I don't want another tyre. The reason there are inters in F1 is because they have plenty of weather data to help them decide what tyres are best to use. A lot of series have just one wet variant to race with, mainly for costs reasons but also because it simplifies the strategies to maximise safety, and to cover as many scenarios as possible. GPRO wet races so far are all about covering scenarios becuse of the uncertainty in the weather.

So yeah, unless we get more accurate weather predictions and a different wet/dry format entirely, I am quite strongly against inters.
Tibor Szuromi
(Grupė Pro - 5)

Šalis:
Vengrija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (1)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (2)
Sena žinutė #18 parašyta 2022-Lie-9, 18:48:27 Cituoti 
You are mistaken. (dislike)

I did not advocate INT tires.

I only proposed a solution for the weather forecast, based on which a decision could be made about INT and Rain tires.

:(
Richard Robin Paukson
(Grupė Amateur - 16)

Žinučių: 2431
  Šalis:
Estija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (2)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #19 parašyta 2022-Lie-9, 19:41:22 Cituoti 
Even if different degrees of wetness were introduced to the game, inters wouldn't really have a place in GPRO due to the long pit stops. With such a huge time loss it would almost always be more beneficial to either go for fully wet tyres. The only place for intermediate tyres would really be an extended period of light rain, or a race start where the weather is likely to change very early on.
Sonny Long
(Grupė Rookie - 29)

Žinučių: 782
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (1)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (5)
Sena žinutė #20 parašyta 2022-Lie-9, 19:53:03 Cituoti 
Quote ( Tibor Szuromi @ July 9th 2022,13:42:49 )

I think:

Wet tires should be chosen based on the expected amount of rain. This would require rain intensity [for example: liter/m2; the height of the water can be calculated from this] to predict.
the real question is, why did you decide to revive a 8-year-old thread Tibor..
Wolf Roiter
(Grupė Amateur - 35)

Žinučių: 152
  Šalis:
Austrija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (2)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #21 parašyta 2022-Lie-9, 20:06:20 Cituoti 
Quote ( Sonny Long @ July 9th 2022,19:53:03 )

he did that because a related discussion came up here: /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=30803&PostId=4903147#post4903147

instead of creating a new topic, the discussion is being continued here, as suggested in the forum rules.
Tibor Szuromi
(Grupė Pro - 5)

Šalis:
Vengrija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (1)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (1)
Sena žinutė #22 parašyta 2022-Lie-9, 20:07:34 (paskutinis taisymas 2022-Lie-9, 20:07:56, taisė Tibor Szuromi) Cituoti 
Quote ( Sonny Long @ July 9th 2022,19:53:03 )

I didn't decide that.

/hu/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=30803#scroll - last 6 posts.
Sam Norris
(Grupė Rookie - 77)

Žinučių: 354
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (0)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (3)
Sena žinutė #23 parašyta 2022-Lie-11, 16:35:20 Cituoti 
You spelled tier wrong

Or did you mean Novice tyre?

teeheehee
Levente Szücs
(Grupė Rookie - 80)

Žinučių: 18
  Šalis:
Vengrija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (3)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (1)
Sena žinutė #24 parašyta 2022-Lie-11, 18:16:49 (paskutinis taisymas 2022-Lie-11, 18:30:02, taisė Levente Szücs) Cituoti 
Quote ( Sam Norris @ July 11th 2022,16:35:20 )

You spelled tier wrong

Or did you mean Novice tyre?

teeheehee

Typical Englishman, if there's a reason for someone to mock (now misspelling), he will definitely do it. You should be more friendlier, 'cause we learnt your language and he didn't offend you at all.
Gonglee Lee
(Grupė Rookie - 33)

Žinučių: 1
  Šalis:
JAV 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #25 parašyta 2022-Rgs-21, 03:03:51 (paskutinis taisymas 2022-Rgs-21, 06:53:14, taisė Vladimir Alexandrov) Cituoti 
he then shot a very last-spherical 76 on the carmel, ind., path on wednesday to finish in a tie for
Puslapis [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forumas > Suggestions forum > [IDEA] Intermediate Tyres Įtraukti temą tarp ignoruojamų Įtraukti temą į stebimų temų sąrašą

Parašyti žinutę šioje temoje