Puslapis [1
Autorius Tema: innovation 25 atsakymų
Veres Tamás
(Grupė Pro - 7)

Žinučių: 5060
  Šalis:
Vengrija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (0)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #1 parašyta 2023-Vas-4, 10:59:29 Cituoti 
Dear Vlad,Stefan!

Can can we expect a big innovation in the near future?
Jordan Randall
(Grupė Rookie - 10)

Žinučių: 5478
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (4)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #2 parašyta 2023-Vas-4, 11:46:57 Cituoti 
I hear he’s moved his sofa by about 30mm!
Luke Frost
(Grupė Amateur - 47)

Žinučių: 11111
  Šalis:
Australija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (4)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #3 parašyta 2023-Vas-4, 11:49:25 Cituoti 
I heard that sponsors will be evolved and engine suppliers are coming
Ceapa Florin
(Grupė Amateur - 47)

Žinučių: 831
  Šalis:
Rumunija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (1)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (2)
Sena žinutė #4 parašyta 2023-Vas-4, 12:01:28 (paskutinis taisymas 2023-Vas-4, 12:04:04, taisė Florin Ceapa) Cituoti 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ February 4th 2023,11:49:25 )

engine suppliers are coming

hope they won´t bring Peugeot into the game... in some pronouncing contexts and language , that means taking a walk....

Luke Frost
(Grupė Amateur - 47)

Žinučių: 11111
  Šalis:
Australija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (5)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (2)
Sena žinutė #5 parašyta 2023-Vas-4, 12:07:12 Cituoti 
Quote ( Ceapa Florin @ February 4th 2023,12:01:28 )

Peugeot

It sounds like 'Purge @Joe Manifold (P19) ', purge joe, Peugeot, same same
Chris Shaw
(Grupė Pro - 3)

Žinučių: 892
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (2)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #6 parašyta 2023-Vas-4, 14:06:45 Cituoti 
what do we want?

Something.

when do we want it?

In the near future!
Tibor Szuromi
(Grupė Pro - 5)

Žinučių: 11906
  Šalis:
Vengrija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #7 parašyta 2023-Vas-4, 14:36:53 Cituoti 
@Jordan Randall (R10)
Quote ( Jordan Randall @ February 4th 2023,11:46:57 )

I hear he’s moved his sofa by about 30mm!

In which direction?
Joe Manifold
(Grupė Pro - 19)

Žinučių: 12472
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (1)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #8 parašyta 2023-Vas-4, 15:16:30 Cituoti 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ February 4th 2023,12:07:12 )

Quote ( Ceapa Florin @ February 4th 2023,12:01:28 )

Peugeot

It sounds like 'Purge @Joe Manifold (P19) ', purge joe, Peugeot, same same

I take offence to this and demand a mod takes action.
Stuart Foster
(Grupė Amateur - 26)

Žinučių: 12459
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #9 parašyta 2023-Vas-4, 16:19:57 Cituoti 
could be worse....imagine Cosworth being one of those suppliers. They were shocking. At least as a V8.
Liviu Sandu
(Grupė Amateur - 26)

Žinučių: 406
  Šalis:
Rumunija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #10 parašyta 2023-Vas-4, 16:23:08 Cituoti 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ February 4th 2023,16:19:57 )

could be worse....imagine Cosworth being one of those suppliers. They were shocking. At least as a V8.
Worse than Dacia?
Stuart Foster
(Grupė Amateur - 26)

Žinučių: 12459
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #11 parašyta 2023-Vas-4, 16:27:51 Cituoti 
they ever made an F1 engine?
Ceapa Florin
(Grupė Amateur - 47)

Žinučių: 831
  Šalis:
Rumunija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #12 parašyta 2023-Vas-4, 17:41:00 Cituoti 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ February 4th 2023,16:27:51 )

they ever made an F1 engine?

...out of plastic I´d guess..
Niels Van Heijster
(Grupė Amateur - 13)

Žinučių: 1406
  Šalis:
Nyderlandai 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #13 parašyta 2023-Vas-4, 19:06:24 (paskutinis taisymas 2023-Vas-4, 19:07:46, taisė Niels Van Heijster) Cituoti 
Quote ( Tibor Szuromi @ February 4th 2023,14:36:53 )

In which direction?

Diagonal ;)
Matteo Ravasi
(Grupė Pro - 22)

Žinučių: 93
  Šalis:
Italija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (0)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (2)
Sena žinutė #14 parašyta 2023-Bal-8, 00:01:49 Cituoti 
perhaps the impact of so many new players via steam, but after a few races they leave, could make it clear that there really is something to change. I find that the economic management is very discouraging for those who, at the beginning, ranking at the bottom, do not have the possibility to improve. Often even ranking in the middle is not enough. The expenses are many, the income a little less.

You have to contract with additional sponsors, television for example, or any other way to increase revenue.
André de Carvalho
(Grupė Elite)

Žinučių: 447
  Šalis:
Brazilija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (12)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #15 parašyta 2023-Bal-8, 00:53:05 Cituoti 
You add more money to the game and the gap might go even higher. Imagine if ama becomes even easier to make money, people would be promoting with half a billion.

People coming and leaving after a few races just shows that this is a very niche game, not an instant fun one. You either will be hooked by it or lose interest.

When i was in rookie and in my first ama seasons i literally was trying to work my finances in a small book using a pen. I would try to add everything etc and see if i could hit my expectations. Not that it worked wonders, but that would take me hours, and i liked it. Some people like this kind of game and thats what makes it special. Some dont. Although the game could use some twists and turns eventually, pleasing steamers who just arrived should not really be the goal imo.
Matteo Ravasi
(Grupė Pro - 22)

Šalis:
Italija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #16 parašyta 2023-Bal-8, 14:03:07 Cituoti 
I see your story. i Think you receive i big help from your team, because begin in season n°73 season and now you are in elite.

I think is not possible for all players. I'm sure you can agree and understand what i saying.

Bye.
Ethan Littlejohns
(Grupė Pro - 24)

Žinučių: 2361
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #17 parašyta 2023-Bal-8, 14:22:00 Cituoti 
Quote ( Matteo Ravasi @ April 8th 2023,00:01:49 )

I find that the economic management is very discouraging for those who, at the beginning, ranking at the bottom, do not have the possibility to improve. Often even ranking in the middle is not enough. The expenses are many, the income a little less.

I think that your point about those ranking at the bottom is by far the least relevant for new players in Rookie compared to any other group. Most Rookie groups have 10-15 players, last place earns just ~1.5m less than 1st from the race in the most active groups. This does not make it impossible to improve, especially if a new player puts some time into learning the game which is what Rookie is for anyway. If Rookie groups had 40 active players again then your point would make a lot more sense.

That's ignoring any implications from simply adding more money to the game.
Matteo Ravasi
(Grupė Pro - 22)

Šalis:
Italija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #18 parašyta 2023-Bal-8, 16:05:24 Cituoti 
I am a mentor of the Italian language, your comment does not match the feedback I have had and continue to have from people I follow.
The car needs to be leveled up from level 1. The structures must be increased, the mistakes that are made have a very high cost. You will tell me, we have all done this.
It's true, but the point is that maybe something can be changed, if it's not possible, patience, it continues like this.
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Grupė Pro - 9)

Žinučių: 5682
  Šalis:
Lenkija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (5)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #19 parašyta 2023-Bal-8, 16:58:26 Cituoti 
More money will be for everyone in rookie. They will just spend more and learn nothing about finances management.
Tomas Dederle
(Grupė Amateur - 50)

Žinučių: 945
  Šalis:
Čekijos Respublika 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #20 parašyta 2023-Bal-8, 17:17:55 Cituoti 
Quote ( Tomek Kiełpiński @ April 8th 2023,16:58:26 )

They will just spend more and learn nothing about finances management.

exactly this...

money is not a problem, they can reset and start again with more care in financial aspect .

They need to understand set up, tyres and fuel...they shoud have more than 8 laps in practice and get fuel and tyres backfeed from practice in Rookies like in testing...after two sesons in rookies they can have basic knowledge of tyres and fuet for almost every track...and promote to Amateurs

(this way of practice for everyone in rookies would also eliminate in time the number of Double Accounts everyone non blind can currently see within rookies and Amas...to get currently valid data will not require tons of seasons)

Financial management they can learn with every reset they ask for....
BUT THEY HAVE TO ENJOY RACING. and they cannot enjoy racing with 8 pitstops...being lapped 4x
Hans Biesheuvel
(Grupė Amateur - 19)

Žinučių: 46
  Šalis:
Belgija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (3)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #21 parašyta 2023-Bal-8, 17:26:45 Cituoti 
Quote ( Matteo Ravasi @ April 8th 2023,00:01:49 )

perhaps the impact of so many new players via steam, but after a few races they leave, could make it clear that there really is something to change.

Yes but what is it that has to change ?

Our little team did have eight managers who applied to join us in the last two weeks, but none of them did bother to write a little message to me or one of the other teammates.

I did take the effort to write each of those managers. I thanked them for their application and did explain them that communication is a vital part within each self respecting team. Without communication nothing can be learned, as we do know.

None of those eight managers did take take the effort to answer me back.

So I agree that it is good to help newbee managers. But not at all cost IMHO.

We could change the whole dynamic of this beautiful game in order to help those new "steam" players, or those new players could change their attitude towards the game.

Ricardo Antunes
(Grupė Amateur - 42)

Žinučių: 2566
  Šalis:
Portugalija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #22 parašyta 2023-Bal-8, 17:42:16 Cituoti 
Honestly speaking, I think it could help if we had a slight increase in the Rookie starting budget. Which, mind you, has a completely different effect from additional sponsorships or that sort of "dynamic" money.

And it doesn't need to be a big amount. $5M - $10M would be enough for a sizable impact. Rookie should be a place where you learn how the game works, which includes money management, but a $30M budget can be too little even for an honest attempt of a Rookie who just made too many little mistakes (poor planning on parts, poor driver because they don't know what makes a driver good, poor setup, all of these leading to less money).

It wouldn't affect much the dynamics in Rookie. Those who spend all the money irrationally would still be doomed Super Rookies would need to get bigger penalties in order to accomodate for this increase. And Rookie would become more enjoyable overall.

Seen people play the game "naturally" and being bankrupt very quickly. Those $10M could be the difference between them noticing they're doing something wrong while being completely in negative and being almost in negative, in time to rectify their mistake.

And in some cases, a mistake made is so huge that it's irredeemable for the remainder of the season and the person needs to wait a really long time in order to get another shot at it. It's like the first boss of Dark Souls but you have a loading screen for 2 weeks between each attempt. Naturally, some people feel discouraged and leave.

It would be even better though if Rookies could get better guidance, which really goes through having better and more intuitive tutorials. Which goes back to the suggestion I posted here: /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=31191#scroll
(yes, shameless plug, deal with it :P)

What's important though is that we don't change things between Rookie and Amateur within the core gameplay such as...

Quote ( Tomas Dederle @ April 8th 2023,17:17:55 )

they shoud have more than 8 laps in practice and get fuel and tyres backfeed from practice in Rookies like in testing...

Which would just be a further incentive for Double Accounts, more than capable managers wanting to drop down to rookie for research, etc etc. And believe me, a lot can be done with practice laps other than just finding the best setup, it doesn't end there.

We need to give Rookies a more engaging enviroment, which goes by:

- Not giving them an hardcore challenge for what already is an hardcore game
- Not giving other people another reason to drop to Rookie and populating the place where new players are supposed to learn
- Giving them engaging guidance, one that they can follow, one that makes the goals clear, the methods to do things clear, and gives the player the necessary tools (and by tools I mean knowledge on what to do) in order to play GPRO.

The guides and tutorials we have now are all great, don't get me wrong. But just walls of text spread around the game with some even being forgettable or hidden (especially when those contain the best advice) are not engaging. There's a reason why only 1 in 208 managers in GPRO have completed the tutorial achievement. We should be aiming make it closer to 1 in 1 (obviously it will never get there but you get what I mean)
Matteo Ravasi
(Grupė Pro - 22)

Šalis:
Italija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #23 parašyta 2023-Bal-8, 18:22:54 Cituoti 

Quote ( Hans Biesheuvel @ April 8th 2023,17:26:45 )

Potremmo cambiare l'intera dinamica di questo bellissimo gioco per aiutare quei nuovi giocatori "steam", o quei nuovi giocatori potrebbero cambiare il loro atteggiamento nei confronti del gioco.

I think many signed up expecting another kind of game.

I see many worrying about too much money, but I don't see worrying about race participation stats.
After a very good start to this season (s92) we are returning to the levels of previous seasons, a continuous decrease.

There may be other ideas for improvement, I said my idea for reasons that I think are valid.
André de Carvalho
(Grupė Elite)

Žinučių: 447
  Šalis:
Brazilija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #24 parašyta 2023-Bal-8, 18:25:27 Cituoti 
Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ April 8th 2023,17:42:16 )

But just walls of text spread around the game

Yeah, no one reads walls of texts
Tomas Dederle
(Grupė Amateur - 50)

Žinučių: 945
  Šalis:
Čekijos Respublika 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (0)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (1)
Sena žinutė #25 parašyta 2023-Bal-8, 19:07:13 (paskutinis taisymas 2023-Bal-8, 19:09:58, taisė Tomas Dederle) Cituoti 
Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ April 8th 2023,17:42:16 )

And believe me, a lot can be done with practice laps other than just finding the best setup, it doesn't end there.

could the newbies get from practicing the fuel and tyre info which in RL they would have logicaly got?
No... that was a point of my post.
Noone was discussing what ELSE practice can bring....

P.S. we have double accounts anyway. I mean those who want to cheat do cheat. And newcomers need fuel and tyres to have some chance in the race.
Practicing out the updates for team formulas is really not the issue for newbies.

But most probably it is a battle with wind mlls...this is a game for dinosaurs from age when online browser games were in their very beginning and were booming
Now they have ton of opportunities to upload the game for some hours/days of free time (illness for example)...which could be immediately understood , where you can immediately compete with other on-line players... the concept of this game is as popular as hattrick. Only dinosaurs are there. But hattrick is much worse, it needs 2 years to get somehow competitive... that is why there double accounts/two teams or even tripple accounts/three teams are officialy allowed, if you pay for that... the only way to keep some number of teams in Hattrick game.
Here if you have data, you can be competitive in rookies immediately after reset, you can immediately promote to amateurs and succeed there.
Concept of this game is perfectly mastered and tuned to every small detail (except stupid randoms which really bring no spice - we appologize to competitors if we win because of their random, they are sorry, we are sorry...)

so back to topic. If Vlad backs up the randoms as the real life feature...then he should explain why from practice manager gets no backfeed for fuel and tyre data from car he sent on track. And the newbies therefore had no idea what to do. "Foby" neither "join the team" is not the good answer. You do not want to join the team if you do not know you want to play the game...

Roger and out from this topic :-)

Hans Biesheuvel
(Grupė Amateur - 19)

Žinučių: 46
  Šalis:
Belgija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #26 parašyta 2023-Bal-8, 20:57:43 Cituoti 
Quote ( Matteo Ravasi @ April 8th 2023,18:22:54 )

There may be other ideas for improvement, I said my idea for reasons that I think are valid.

And I and others can only thank you for that dear friend. All proposals made to improve this game, or to make the game more accessible to new managers can only be welcomed.

I personally can only express a great deal of appreciation for it. :-)

Puslapis [1

Parašyti žinutę šioje temoje