Puslapis [1
Autorius Tema: Final result 17 atsakymų
Dmitry Knyazev
(Grupė Master - 3)

Žinučių: 4551
  Šalis:
Rusijos Federacija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (0)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (1)
Sena žinutė #1 parašyta 2022-Lie-6, 13:43:06 Cituoti 
Good afternoon!

Please consider the final result in
Track: Jerez
Season: 88
Race: 6
Group: Master - 3

I mixed up the type of tires (I put rain tires on dry weather), as a result, my lap time was very long.
But I didn't get off the track and had to get to the finish line.

Imre Antos was driving in front of me and he got off on lap 60.

But in the final table I was below him.

Why did I, Dmitry Knyazev, who did not get off the track, end up lower in the table of the one who dropped out of the race?

Thanks.
Sagar Abhyankar
(Grupė Amateur - 60)

Žinučių: 1044
  Šalis:
Indija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (3)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #2 parašyta 2022-Lie-6, 13:51:21 Cituoti 
Technically you completed 57 laps.... 12 laps down

Imre completed 60 laps.... So he is classified above you...

Ricardo Antunes
(Grupė Amateur - 28)

Žinučių: 2567
  Šalis:
Portugalija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (2)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #3 parašyta 2022-Lie-6, 13:53:33 Cituoti 
It's just the new race viewer not being accurate, picture it as the race ending once the first car crosses the line, and you were not in L60 yet to be able to overtake the retired car at that point, so you technically finished behind him...
Bert Meeus
(Grupė Amateur - 57)

Žinučių: 71
  Šalis:
Belgija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (3)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #4 parašyta 2022-Lie-6, 14:05:59 Cituoti 
Is there any chance that this anomaly will be fixed anywhere in the near future? I have always found it very weird! And I am not the only one as this is the umptieth time someone asks about it or reports it as a bug in the 2 years I am in this game.

If it is too costly to fix (which probably is as otherwise it would be dealt with already), please just add this anomaly clearly in the rules. It might already solve a bit of frustration from people affected if they know about it beforehand. I know it is already mentioned somewhere on the wiki, but not everyone seems to have read it or remember it.
Richard Robin Paukson
(Grupė Amateur - 16)

Žinučių: 2434
  Šalis:
Estija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (2)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #5 parašyta 2022-Lie-6, 14:19:54 Cituoti 
Quote ( Dmitry Knyazev @ July 6th 2022,13:43:06 )

Good afternoon!

Please consider the final result in
Track: Jerez
Season: 88
Race: 6
Group: Master - 3

I mixed up the type of tires (I put rain tires on dry weather), as a result, my lap time was very long.
But I didn't get off the track and had to get to the finish line.

Imre Antos was driving in front of me and he got off on lap 60.

But in the final table I was below him.

Why did I, Dmitry Knyazev, who did not get off the track, end up lower in the table of the one who dropped out of the race?

Thanks.

Must be the sanctions.

Quote ( Bert Meeus @ July 6th 2022,14:05:59 )

Is there any chance that this anomaly will be fixed anywhere in the near future? I have always found it very weird! And I am not the only one as this is the umptieth time someone asks about it or reports it as a bug in the 2 years I am in this game.

If it is too costly to fix (which probably is as otherwise it would be dealt with already), please just add this anomaly clearly in the rules. It might already solve a bit of frustration from people affected if they know about it beforehand. I know it is already mentioned somewhere on the wiki, but not everyone seems to have read it or remember it.

I believe it is already in the rules somewhere.
Mark Pinnick
(Grupė Pro - 3)

Žinučių: 682
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (0)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #6 parašyta 2022-Lie-6, 14:25:34 (paskutinis taisymas 2022-Lie-6, 14:31:03, taisė Mark Pinnick) Cituoti 
Quote ( Bert Meeus @ July 6th 2022,14:05:59 )

If it is too costly to fix (which probably is as otherwise it would be dealt with already), please just add this anomaly clearly in the rules.

Of course, this does rather assume that people check the rules before starting forum topics! Unfortunately, I don't think that's the case!!
Dmitry Knyazev
(Grupė Master - 3)

Šalis:
Rusijos Federacija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #7 parašyta 2022-Lie-6, 14:29:43 (paskutinis taisymas 2022-Lie-6, 14:36:39, taisė Dmitry Knyazev) Cituoti 
Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ July 6th 2022,13:53:33 )

picture it as the race ending once the first car crosses the line

Yes, I understand.

The final table reflects exactly this moment - right?

However, if immediately after the finish of the first car, in the middle of the peleton (2-3 laps behind), there will be changes in positions (overtaking, pit stops), then what is the correct position to consider: immediately after the finish of the first car or as a result of the arrival of these laps?
Mark Pinnick
(Grupė Pro - 3)

Žinučių: 682
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #8 parašyta 2022-Lie-6, 14:31:09 (paskutinis taisymas 2022-Lie-6, 14:32:15, taisė Mark Pinnick) Cituoti 
Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ July 6th 2022,13:53:33 )

It's just the new race viewer not being accurate, picture it as the race ending once the first car crosses the line, and you were not in L60 yet to be able to overtake the retired car at that point, so you technically finished behind him...

But that's not how it works either, Ric!! There's a precise formula for working out lap times once you've dropped out, and that is what is used to determine finishing position.

Trying to explain a confusing situation by using an incorrect simple explanation is not helpful. :)
Quote ( Dmitry Knyazev @ July 6th 2022,14:29:43 )

I think you know the answer, but forgot the smiley face!! ;)
Richard Robin Paukson
(Grupė Amateur - 16)

Šalis:
Estija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #9 parašyta 2022-Lie-6, 14:35:13 Cituoti 
Quote ( Dmitry Knyazev @ July 6th 2022,14:29:43 )

How many laps behind you are is calculated based on the difference between your race time and the leader's. For example, if the leader's last lap was 1:20 and you finished 3:00 behind him then you will be 2 laps behind in the race results because 1:20 fits twice in the 3 minute gap. And if you have dropped out of the race then your lap time for the laps you weren't racing is double the leader's lap time I believe.
Dmitry Knyazev
(Grupė Master - 3)

Šalis:
Rusijos Federacija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #10 parašyta 2022-Lie-6, 14:38:39 Cituoti 
Quote ( Mark Pinnick @ July 6th 2022,14:31:09 )

I think you know the answer, but forgot the smiley face!! ;)

I first understood the answer, and then I got confused again :)
Dmitry Knyazev
(Grupė Master - 3)

Šalis:
Rusijos Federacija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #11 parašyta 2022-Lie-6, 14:44:38 Cituoti 
Quote ( Richard Robin Paukson @ July 6th 2022,14:35:13 )

How many laps behind you are is calculated based on the difference between your race time and the leader's. For example, if the leader's last lap was 1:20 and you finished 3:00 behind him then you will be 2 laps behind in the race results because 1:20 fits twice in the 3 minute gap. And if you have dropped out of the race then your lap time for the laps you weren't racing is double the leader's lap time I believe.

The question is when the race ends for each driver.
If at the time of the finish of the first pilot, then yes, you can immediately fix the lag time.

But if the race is still going on for the laggards and both overtaking and pit stops are possible, then the final result may be completely different.

I can't cite it now from memory, but I have had cases when lagging behind for 2 laps made a pit stop on their penultimate lap and lost position.

Although I may be wrong - it will be necessary to look more closely at future races.
Richard Robin Paukson
(Grupė Amateur - 16)

Šalis:
Estija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #12 parašyta 2022-Lie-6, 14:47:55 Cituoti 
Quote ( Dmitry Knyazev @ July 6th 2022,14:44:38 )

The question is when the race ends for each driver.
If at the time of the finish of the first pilot, then yes, you can immediately fix the lag time.

But if the race is still going on for the laggards and both overtaking and pit stops are possible, then the final result may be completely different.

I can't cite it now from memory, but I have had cases when lagging behind for 2 laps made a pit stop on their penultimate lap and lost position.

Although I may be wrong - it will be necessary to look more closely at future races.

Everyone drives all laps, unless the retire from the race. But the "Race summary" page makes the calculation I was talking about when calculating how many laps down someone was.
Ricardo Antunes
(Grupė Amateur - 28)

Žinučių: 2567
  Šalis:
Portugalija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (1)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #13 parašyta 2022-Lie-6, 14:48:33 Cituoti 
Quote ( Mark Pinnick @ July 6th 2022,14:31:09 )

Trying to explain a confusing situation by using an incorrect simple explanation is not helpful. :)

Sorry, I did my best :P
George Slater4
(Grupė Elite)

Žinučių: 604
  Šalis:
Kanada 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (7)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #14 parašyta 2022-Lie-6, 14:50:10 Cituoti 
The race engine operates by calculating the race time of each car at the end of each lap, with all cars on that lap. The number of laps a car is down on the leader is then determined by the gap to the leader divided by the leader's laptime, rounded down to an integer value. For the race summary the number of laps down is subtracted from the total laps in the race to determine the number of laps completed.

When a car retires, it is assigned twice the laptime of the leader every lap after the car retires . As the gap to the leader will grow by the leader's laptime every lap, then the retired car will go down another lap every lap.

In your case, the car that retired on lap 60 still had a faster race time in total than you did using this method. This would have occurred by that car being far ahead of you before it retired, so that it would have stayed ahead of you even when getting double the leaders lap time for the last 9 laps.

Hopefully that helps, it is a confusing topic.
Dmitry Knyazev
(Grupė Master - 3)

Šalis:
Rusijos Federacija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #15 parašyta 2022-Lie-6, 14:55:11 Cituoti 
Quote ( Richard Robin Paukson @ July 6th 2022,14:47:55 )

Everyone drives all laps

If there were overtaking on those laps that the pilot "reached"?
Dmitry Knyazev
(Grupė Master - 3)

Šalis:
Rusijos Federacija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #16 parašyta 2022-Lie-6, 15:01:46 Cituoti 
Quote ( George Slater @ July 6th 2022,14:50:10 )

In your case, the car that retired on lap 60 still had a faster race time in total than you did using this method. This would have occurred by that car being far ahead of you before it retired, so that it would have stayed ahead of you even when getting double the leaders lap time for the last 9 laps.

Yes, I understood my case according to the rule "the results of the race are fixed by the finish of the first car".
Based on this rule, I fully agree with the final results of this race.

However, the animated design of the race often shows that after the "finish of the first car" in the lagging part of the peleton, there is often a productive struggle for places.

I can't give any proof examples yet - we need to follow the last laps in the upcoming races more closely.
George Slater4
(Grupė Elite)

Žinučių: 604
  Šalis:
Kanada 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (4)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #17 parašyta 2022-Lie-6, 15:11:56 Cituoti 
Quote ( Dmitry Knyazev @ July 6th 2022,15:01:46 )

However, the animated design of the race often shows that after the "finish of the first car" in the lagging part of the peleton, there is often a productive struggle for places.

The new live race viewer distorts what is actually happening in the race so that it can be shown in the way it is. The original race viewer is much better at showing what is really happening in the race because it doesn't change these things. It is just less exciting to watch.
Richard Robin Paukson
(Grupė Amateur - 16)

Šalis:
Estija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #18 parašyta 2022-Lie-6, 15:15:31 Cituoti 
Quote ( Dmitry Knyazev @ July 6th 2022,14:55:11 )

If there were overtaking on those laps that the pilot "reached"?

Of course.
Puslapis [1

Parašyti žinutę šioje temoje