Grand Prix Racing Online Forumas > Suggestions forum > Make certain anthems shorter Įtraukti temą tarp ignoruojamų Įtraukti temą į stebimų temų sąrašą
Puslapis « 1 [2 Eiti į puslapį:
Autorius Tema: Make certain anthems shorter 44 atsakymų
Robert Kearney
(Grupė Pro - 13)

Žinučių: 3248
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (0)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #31 parašyta 2022-Bir-21, 22:51:15 (paskutinis taisymas 2022-Bir-21, 22:56:15, taisė Robert Kearney) Cituoti 
Yeah, can we delete the English one to nothing too. It’s bloody dire. Terrible music and tune. It has caused me to not win a race for years to avoid having to go through it ! Well that’s my excuse anyway ;)

Personally and I AM English is to create something like the welsh song which was sung at the Wales v Ukraine World Cup playoff…… it is called Yma o Hyd, sung by Dafydd Iwan…… a nationalistic song which is actually anti English in places, but wow the way it was sung at the stadium by the whole crowd was spine tingling….

a bit better than footballs coming home :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emPhXdwhQoE&t=87s
Chris Shaw
(Grupė Pro - 3)

Žinučių: 890
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #32 parašyta 2022-Bir-21, 22:54:02 (paskutinis taisymas 2022-Bir-21, 22:54:53, taisė Chris Shaw) Cituoti 
Quote ( Teagarden Wrecks @ June 21st 2022,21:46:57 )

Shortening the anthem would be disrespectful and wrong.

This is the sort of statement that out of context is exactly correct but in context is exactly wrong. It's common for abridged versions to be used in sports, and most of the gpro ones are, which in your eyes makes GPRO itself disrespectful and wrong.
Vladimir Valis
(Grupė Elite)

Žinučių: 1654
  Šalis:
Argentina 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (4)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #33 parašyta 2022-Bir-21, 22:56:33 Cituoti 
Quote ( Mike Bennett @ June 21st 2022,22:46:55 )

This is what I posted, the anthem is too long for sporting events and is shortened.

Sorry, it did sound to me that you were saying that because of the anti-Spain lyrics the anthem was shortened in sporting events. I apologize for reading you wrong.

So, in answer to your original argument: what's the point of the comparison? Sporting events in real life follow a schedule and that's why shortened versions are used. In GPRO we have none of that, if you don't wanna listen to a full anthem you can just close/mute the tab and carry on with your life.
Gareth Griffiths
(Grupė Amateur - 80)

Žinučių: 526
  Šalis:
Kanada 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (1)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #34 parašyta 2022-Bir-22, 00:14:21 Cituoti 
Quote ( Robert Kearney @ June 21st 2022,22:51:15 )

Yeah, can we delete the English one to nothing too. It’s bloody dire. Terrible music and tune. It has caused me to not win a race for years to avoid having to go through it ! Well that’s my excuse anyway ;)

Personally and I AM English is to create something like the welsh song which was sung at the Wales v Ukraine World Cup playoff…… it is called Yma o Hyd, sung by Dafydd Iwan…… a nationalistic song which is actually anti English in places, but wow the way it was sung at the stadium by the whole crowd was spine tingling….

a bit better than footballs coming home :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emPhXdwhQoE&t=87s

Love the Scots one too. Sending The English Army homewards to think again :)

Yma O Hyd gets me going (as a Welsh ex-pat). Anthem is actually Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau (Land of my Fathers) and is more poetic and romantic in nature, singing of freedom, bards and poets as well as a rousing rebellion song

Here is the Llanelli Male Voice choir belting out Yma O Hyd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX7gmTGO3eE

Should hear the rugby fans go at it. National Anthem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM4mIlYKG9s

Richard Robin Paukson
(Grupė Amateur - 16)

Žinučių: 2426
  Šalis:
Estija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #35 parašyta 2022-Bir-22, 14:43:59 Cituoti 
Quote ( Grant Crouch @ June 21st 2022,22:32:18 )

Great. Never said you couldn't. You however specifically told me I should've said "I disagree" instead of what I did say. This would be suppressing my ability to freely speak as I please.

I don't think you understand how freedom of speech works.

Pot calling the kettle black.
Keith Partridge
(Grupė Amateur - 51)

Žinučių: 1045
  Šalis:
Velsas 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (2)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #36 parašyta 2022-Bir-23, 02:47:42 (paskutinis taisymas 2022-Bir-23, 03:14:10, taisė Keith Partridge) Cituoti 

Have you seen the Billy Connolly clip where he suggests an alternative to GSTQ?? Politically incorrect nowadays but bloody funny

Always wondered why GPRO played GSTQ as the anthem for an English victory rather than Land of Hope and Glory as GSTQ is the anthem for the "United " Kingdom not England

And while we are on anthems can anyone tell me what format is used?? Only the Welsh one ( rarely played to celebrate my victory sadly) tails off at the end and sounds like it was recorded under water... Sure if I searched hard there must be a better version out there
Rafal Jurowski
(Grupė Pro - 18)

Žinučių: 251
  Šalis:
Lenkija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #37 parašyta 2022-Bir-23, 05:17:15 Cituoti 

Careful now.. You don't want anything TOO nationalistic, or you'll have Mr Putin knocking on your door.. 😅
Hamd Kazimi
(Grupė Amateur - 10)

Žinučių: 475
  Šalis:
Indija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #38 parašyta 2022-Bir-23, 07:33:42 Cituoti 
We got our Oscar-winning topic pretty early.
Robert Lee
(Grupė Pro - 16)

Žinučių: 272
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #39 parašyta 2022-Bir-23, 10:33:44 (paskutinis taisymas 2022-Bir-23, 10:47:59, taisė Robert Lee) Cituoti 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOsRtOPbczs

my nomination for the new Finnish, English / GB and American national anthems.
Jack Wemyss
(Grupė Retired)

Žinučių: 8061
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #40 parašyta 2022-Bir-23, 10:39:44 Cituoti 
GPRO's version of Flower of Scotland is very long, fortunately it's not heard that often
Miel Soeterbroek
(Grupė Elite)

Žinučių: 3107
  Šalis:
Nyderlandai 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #41 parašyta 2022-Bir-23, 10:59:28 Cituoti 
Replacing all anthems with Lil Jon would solve this great unfairness immediately, just sayin'

3-6-9, damn y'all whine
Iain Bartholomew
(Grupė Master - 1)

Žinučių: 2118
  Šalis:
Škotija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (11)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #42 parašyta 2022-Bir-23, 11:26:52 Cituoti 
This topic makes it really easy to spot the guys who are still racing while the anthems are being played...
Keith Partridge
(Grupė Amateur - 51)

Žinučių: 1045
  Šalis:
Velsas 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #43 parašyta 2022-Bir-23, 12:14:43 Cituoti 
Quote ( Iain Bartholomew @ June 23rd 2022,11:26:52 )

This topic makes it really easy to spot the guys who are still racing while the anthems are being played...

Usually I am still racing when the Argentinian anthem has finished!!!
Twig Fahaji
(Grupė Pro - 14)

Žinučių: 445
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #44 parašyta 2022-Bir-23, 15:38:49 Cituoti 

Quote ( Chris Shaw @ June 21st 2022,22:35:33 )

Quote ( Vladimir Valis @ June 21st 2022,22:27:40 )

which btw lasts exactly 3:30 minutes and not "4, almost 5 minutes" as Chris stated

I stand corrected, I took a guess from the race timer. Nothing against your anthem specifically.

Just to re-iterate why I'm requesting this, is that if a small handful are much much longer than the rest it seems fair to me that abridged ones would be substituted. It doesnt particularly bother me but when you're listening to it you kinda think "hey how come ours isn't that long".

I might think "thank god ours isn't that long", but that's about all. The best bit about god save the queen is the nice long drum roll intro which gives you plenty of time to find the mute button before it properly kicks in.

Twig Fahaji
(Grupė Pro - 14)

Žinučių: 445
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (12)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #45 parašyta 2022-Bir-23, 15:55:12 Cituoti 
Quote ( Keith Partridge @ June 23rd 2022,12:14:43 )

Quote ( Iain Bartholomew @ June 23rd 2022,11:26:52 )

Usually I am still racing when the Argentinian anthem has finished!!!

S88 Oscars nomination - Best driving song: Argentina National Anthem
Puslapis « 1 [2 Eiti į puslapį:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forumas > Suggestions forum > Make certain anthems shorter Įtraukti temą tarp ignoruojamų Įtraukti temą į stebimų temų sąrašą

Parašyti žinutę šioje temoje