Grand Prix Racing Online Forumas > GPRO meetings forum > GPRO Meeting 2015 - Vilnius, Lithuania, 17.07 till 19.07. Įtraukti temą tarp ignoruojamų Įtraukti temą į stebimų temų sąrašą
Puslapis « 1 2 3 ... 7 8 [9 Eiti į puslapį:
Autorius Tema: GPRO Meeting 2015 - Vilnius, Lithuania, 17.07 till 19.07. 264 atsakymų
Jonathan Beagles
(Grupė Retired)

Žinučių: 6125
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (0)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #241 parašyta 2016-Sau-8, 21:40:47 (paskutinis taisymas 2016-Sau-8, 21:40:55, taisė Jonathan Beagles) Cituoti 
Quote ( Mairo Toom @ January 8th 2016,17:15:05 )

Tallinn-Helsinki 30€
Helsinki-Stockholm 130€

That seems fine to me; is that one boat or is this 2 separate cruises? I got the impression the cruise in question was 1 boat that went to all three...?
Mairo Toom
(Grupė Pro - 14)

Žinučių: 12780
  Šalis:
Estija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #242 parašyta 2016-Sau-8, 21:45:55 Cituoti 
Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ January 8th 2016,21:40:47 )

That seems fine to me; is that one boat or is this 2 separate cruises? I got the impression the cruise in question was 1 boat that went to all three...?

Two boats. There are cruises between Tallinn and Stockholm and Helsinki and Stockholm.
(Riga-Stockholm too, but they are using old boats).
All last 3 mentioned cruises last 40h - 2 nights.
Jun Ho
(Grupė Rookie - 243)

Žinučių: 8525
  Šalis:
Honkongas 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #243 parašyta 2016-Sau-8, 23:27:25 Cituoti 
Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ January 8th 2016,00:03:09 )

Ok - we should really start organising this (the cruise between Sweden, Finland and Estonia).

I want to join. Who wants to share room? :D
Mairo Toom
(Grupė Pro - 14)

Šalis:
Estija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #244 parašyta 2016-Sau-8, 23:30:35 Cituoti 
On cruises there are rooms of 2 or 4. Up to you to choose. You pay per room.
Tomás Naranjo
(Grupė Rookie - 347)

Žinučių: 723
  Šalis:
Meksika 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #245 parašyta 2016-Sau-8, 23:46:13 Cituoti 
These are really good pics right there Mairo
Jun Ho
(Grupė Rookie - 243)

Šalis:
Honkongas 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #246 parašyta 2016-Sau-8, 23:49:35 Cituoti 
Quote ( Mairo Toom @ January 8th 2016,23:30:35 )

On cruises there are rooms of 2 or 4. Up to you to choose. You pay per room.

You clearly did not get the joke. :D
Mairo Toom
(Grupė Pro - 14)

Šalis:
Estija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #247 parašyta 2016-Sau-8, 23:51:19 Cituoti 
Quote ( Jun Ho @ January 8th 2016,23:49:35 )

You clearly did not get the joke. :D

If the joke is about what we have seen/heard in a video, then I understood it. But I just carried on in a topic...
Jun Ho
(Grupė Rookie - 243)

Šalis:
Honkongas 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #248 parašyta 2016-Sau-8, 23:56:34 Cituoti 
Quote ( Mairo Toom @ January 8th 2016,23:51:19 )

If the joke is about what we have seen/heard in a video, then I understood it. But I just carried on in a topic...

You gotta experience it. Not just watch it. Just ask Chris W.

But yes, I am interested.
Jonathan Beagles
(Grupė Retired)

Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #249 parašyta 2016-Sau-8, 23:56:55 Cituoti 
Quote ( Mairo Toom @ January 8th 2016,21:45:55 )

Two boats. There are cruises between Tallinn and Stockholm and Helsinki and Stockholm.
(Riga-Stockholm too, but they are using old boats).
All last 3 mentioned cruises last 40h - 2 nights.

Oh right - I got the impression it was 1 big cruise.

Meh, still fun! Would you be up for organising it Mairo? Fine if it's the Tallinn-Stockholm-Tallinn one tbh :)
Mairo Toom
(Grupė Pro - 14)

Šalis:
Estija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #250 parašyta 2016-Sau-9, 00:14:09 Cituoti 
Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ January 8th 2016,23:56:55 )

Oh right - I got the impression it was 1 big cruise.

Some places used to organize something with hotels etc included, but they ain't real cruises. No idea if there still is something. Surely if you look close enough...

Fine if it's the Tallinn-Stockholm-Tallinn one tbh :)

Picked a random week from April and leaving on Friday (1800), Saturday at Stockholm (1000) and back at Tallinn on Sunday would cost 84€ (B-class room for 4). So that would be 21€ per face for 2 nights. Loads of leftover cash to spend on booze I would say :D
I would guess there are two options what to do in Stockholm during those 7 hours (1015-1730) -
1. Some sightseeing or shopping or something. Sure you could buy a tour or something... Estonians usually just walk around and want to get back on boat to start drinking again :D
2. Karting somewhere.

Would you be up for organising it Mairo?

Although depending what would be done in Sweden, I would guess someone from there could/should organize it as only thing off-the-boat would be there.
Jonathan Beagles
(Grupė Retired)

Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #251 parašyta 2016-Sau-9, 00:15:56 Cituoti 
Well I would suggest we meet on Friday in Tallinn - would be cool if Fredrik came, then he could show us Sweden ;)
Mairo Toom
(Grupė Pro - 14)

Šalis:
Estija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #252 parašyta 2016-Sau-9, 00:20:06 Cituoti 
Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ January 9th 2016,00:15:56 )

Well I would suggest we meet on Friday in Tallinn

Considering the boat leaves the port at 1800, then arriving to Tallinn could be on Thursday (would need a place to stay for night), or even on the same day aka Friday. Although depending on the flight times. On that day people could meet up, see some places and/or eat/drink aka prepare :D

would be cool if Fredrik came, then he could show us Sweden ;)

And Håkan.

Considering there is cheap booze included, then Jari would be in of course also. Although no idea how much Finn knows about Stockholm :D
Håkan Ferm
(Grupė Amateur - 84)

Žinučių: 10576
  Šalis:
Švedija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (0)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (1)
Sena žinutė #253 parašyta 2016-Sau-9, 05:57:32 Cituoti 
Fredrik will have more Stockholm knowledge than me to do this
And i am now uncertain if i can join in, Life is a bit of a mess for me really now.
My boss stiffing me out of money i was promised when i started so i am more or less looking for a new job now, and May is the month when Motorsports starts in Sweden and i need to have something done by then cause My team has merged with rival Volvo for 2016, which sounds good but in reality will mean that i am without a job. in 2015 Volvo had 3 cars Westcoast Racing had 2 cars, now in joint venture they will have a total of 2 cars running.... so they will probaably not be needing 6 photographers to take pics of 2 cars :(
- Unfortunately.

Jonathan Beagles
(Grupė Retired)

Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #254 parašyta 2016-Sau-9, 10:31:54 Cituoti 
That sucks Håkan :|

Hope you could make it; so Mairo you seem to know enough to organise this - do you want to start a new topic for it?
Mairo Toom
(Grupė Pro - 14)

Šalis:
Estija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #255 parašyta 2016-Sau-9, 10:53:23 Cituoti 
That's just an information from Tallink homepage :D
But before starting a new topic, we should know first of all, is there interest, secondly is there (and who?) anyone ready to help with Stockholm part and thirdly, about what dates we are talking about ?
Jonathan Beagles
(Grupė Retired)

Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #256 parašyta 2016-Sau-9, 11:00:37 Cituoti 
Well that's why you should start a new topic, to see what interest there is! :)
Mairo Toom
(Grupė Pro - 14)

Šalis:
Estija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #257 parašyta 2016-Sau-9, 11:04:34 Cituoti 
Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ January 9th 2016,11:00:37 )

Well that's why you should start a new topic, to see what interest there is! :)
Aah... I see... Let's see what Fredrik says first.
Jonathan Beagles
(Grupė Retired)

Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #258 parašyta 2016-Sau-9, 11:06:41 Cituoti 
Have you PM'd him? Or are we just hoping he sees this?
Mairo Toom
(Grupė Pro - 14)

Šalis:
Estija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #259 parašyta 2016-Sau-9, 11:10:43 Cituoti 
Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ January 9th 2016,11:06:41 )

Have you PM'd him?

I did.
Jonathan Beagles
(Grupė Retired)

Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #260 parašyta 2016-Sau-9, 11:16:22 Cituoti 
Cool - cheers mate :)
Fredrik Palmqvist
(Grupė Amateur - 20)

Žinučių: 3231
  Šalis:
Švedija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #261 parašyta 2016-Sau-9, 18:03:59 Cituoti 

Well I would suggest we meet on Friday in Tallinn - would be cool if Fredrik came, then he could show us Sweden ;)

Show you Sweden? Are you aware that Sweden is a bit more then 3 times the size of England?

Regarding cruises I haven't been on one for 4½ years, and what I don't remember from the last wan I was extremely drunk and had the worst hangover the day after.
When speaking of logistics, it would possible be easier to start in Stockholm, there are more options to get to Stockholm for people flying in compared to Tallinn (Helsinki is probably the same). The major day to go on a cruise from Stockholm is on Friday unless you just take a trip to Åland (the island between Sweden and Finland) or going to Åbo, then you can go on a Saturday as well. I've never started a cruise in Tallinn so going on the boat leaving Stockholm on saturday to Tallinn is nothing I've got any info about.

There is one thing to know about people in Stockholm, we don't do touristy things in our own town. Most tourists know more about Stockholm then I do ;). But I know good places to drink craftbeer and there are a couple of carting tracks as well close to Stockholm, indoors in Kista at Olearys sport pub as an example. Prices are about 20€ for 8 minutes and mini GP with 8min practice and 15 lap race is 35€
http://www.olearys.se/kista/gokart/gokart

The boats from Tallinn doesn't end up in the center of Stockholm, but it's just a 15 minutes subway ride to get to central station so no problem travelling around. Public transport is expensive though, I think a 1 day card is about 15€ or so. Walking from the boat to central parts should be about 1h (4,5km) and there isn't much to see along the route either.

From what I understand you are thinking of going here in April, the weather could be either snow or 20 degrees, that's the fun part about swedish spring, you never know what the weather will be like.
Jonathan Beagles
(Grupė Retired)

Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #262 parašyta 2016-Sau-9, 18:15:46 Cituoti 
Quote ( Fredrik Palmqvist @ January 9th 2016,18:03:59 )

Show you Sweden? Are you aware that Sweden is a bit more then 3 times the size of England?

I meant the bit of Sweden we would dock in obviously! :)

And sounds like you know enough to organise this Freddie - are you cool to open up a new topic and we can drum up some interest there? :D
Kirsty Ridley
(Grupė Pro - 14)

Žinučių: 7849
  Šalis:
Anglija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Sena žinutė #263 parašyta 2016-Sau-9, 18:34:16 Cituoti 
I went on a cruise once, spent the whole time being sick and buying expensive useless products from the chemist on the ship.
Mairo Toom
(Grupė Pro - 14)

Šalis:
Estija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (1)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #264 parašyta 2016-Sau-9, 22:09:35 Cituoti 

I've never started a cruise in Tallinn so going on the boat leaving Stockholm on saturday to Tallinn is nothing I've got any info about.

Start from Tallinn at 1800 (Friday), arrives to Stockholm next morning 1000 (Saturday) and you starts it's way back to Tallinn at 1730 (Saturday) and arrive to Tallinn next morning 1045 (Sunday).

There is one thing to know about people in Stockholm, we don't do touristy things in our own town. Most tourists know more about Stockholm then I do ;). But I know good places to drink craftbeer and there are a couple of carting tracks as well close to Stockholm, indoors in Kista at Olearys sport pub as an example. Prices are about 20€ for 8 minutes and mini GP with 8min practice and 15 lap race is 35€
http://www.olearys.se/kista/gokart/gokart

I would guess karting to be one of the main things and then something else. Old town maybe ?

The boats from Tallinn doesn't end up in the center of Stockholm, but it's just a 15 minutes subway ride to get to central station so no problem travelling around. Public transport is expensive though, I think a 1 day card is about 15€ or so. Walking from the boat to central parts should be about 1h (4,5km) and there isn't much to see along the route either.

Yeah, true, but if someone meets up with us in port and helps us get the correct subway or whatever then it would be ok. Going in bunch, the taxi can't be that awful either, or can it ?

From what I understand you are thinking of going here in April, the weather could be either snow or 20 degrees, that's the fun part about swedish spring, you never know what the weather will be like.

Same here and in Finland, so many know about it from those who maybe would come from near countries. Also Englishmen shouldn't care as they have rain all the time, so it's good to see something else, whichever the case will be :D
Fredrik Palmqvist
(Grupė Amateur - 20)

Žinučių: 3231
  Šalis:
Švedija 
Sertifikuotas: 
Teigiamas įvertinimas (1)   Neigiamas įvertinimas (0)
Sena žinutė #265 parašyta 2016-Sau-12, 01:11:36 Cituoti 
Regarding the Carting I think they can be pretty strict with 0 tolerance to alcohol and I know what you usually do on the boat and what you feel like the day after :) Might be an issue.

7,5h in Stockholm isn't much at all to be able to do a lot of stuff. Count at least 1h to get from Ferry to Carting in Kista. Probably 2,5h for the carting and food at Olearys (no idea if you can book the track for a certain time or if you need to que). After that about 30 minutes to get into central Stockholm, could go to Old Town with the Subway. From old town take the ferry to Djurgården to see Stockholm from the waters as well. From Djurgården walk to Östermalm where you can take the Subway back to the Cruise ship again. Ferry and walking to subway takes about 1h. This leaves a maximum of 2h doing something in Stockholm. Old Town could be nice if you like that kind of architecture and stuff, but it's a "touristtrap" like all old towns and very expensive to eat/drink something there. The public transport card for a day is about 15€ and it covers all public transport, including the ferry.

I don't think you want to see the taxi prices in Sweden, it's extremly expensive, Uber is doable though and is cheap unless there are surge pricing.

Regarding me organizing it all... Might be a bit hard since I'm busy but as long as I'm at home I could help you around in Stockholm. I'm not going to be at home 9-10 and 16-17 april. The other weekends has nothing planned so far.
Puslapis « 1 2 3 ... 7 8 [9 Eiti į puslapį:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forumas > GPRO meetings forum > GPRO Meeting 2015 - Vilnius, Lithuania, 17.07 till 19.07. Įtraukti temą tarp ignoruojamų Įtraukti temą į stebimų temų sąrašą

Parašyti žinutę šioje temoje