Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Game Rules Regarding Account Resets Ajouter ce sujet à votre liste des sujets à ignorer Ajouter ce sujet à votre liste des sujets à observer
Page [1
Auteur Sujet: Game Rules Regarding Account Resets 14 réponses
Billy Van Der Merwe
(Groupe Rookie - 127)

Pays:
Afrique du Sud 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (0)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #1 Posté (le) 22 Janvier 2022, 21:43:14 (dernière édition (le) 22 Janvier 2022, 22:43:29 par Florencia Caro) Citer 
I saw something today and wondered if the rules are bend for some managers?

I see this manager who raced in season 84 in Pro all 17 races, finished with a positive balance and didn't hit the reset button, in his managers profile it states that he Retain Group, perfect, so I expect him to be in Pro in Season 85.

To my suprise I see him racing in Rookie in Season 85, although he didn't race the first 10 races, how can he move from Pro to Rookie without going through a end of season, how I read the rules this is not possible or am I mistaken I can't find this short turn around in the rules.

Please help me, before I state any names

Mod Edit: title
Ivan Silva
(Groupe Master - 5)

Pays:
Portugal 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (1)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #2 Posté (le) 22 Janvier 2022, 21:53:20 (dernière édition (le) 22 Janvier 2022, 21:55:09 par Ivan Silva) Citer 
Probably a direct request to Vlad i guess. There's been managers getting reset in mid-season a few times already. It sucks to those that such a manager beat in races (and therefore stole money from) but its possible.

This time probably its not the case of a mid-season reset but my guess is still the direct request to Vlad
Billy Van Der Merwe
(Groupe Rookie - 127)

Pays:
Afrique du Sud 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #3 Posté (le) 22 Janvier 2022, 21:56:19 Citer 
Quote ( Ivan Silva @ January 22nd 2022,21:53:20 )

Probably a direct request to Vlad i guess. There's been managers getting reset in mid-season a few times already. It sucks to those that such a manager beat in races (and therefore stole money from) but its possible.

I'm happy to hear that but why is it not clear in the game rules that such requests are possible.....
Christian Beaulieu
(Groupe Rookie - 21)

Pays:
Canada 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (0)   Je n'aime pas ce post (2)
Posts anciens #4 Posté (le) 22 Janvier 2022, 21:59:35 Citer 
There should be a way that relegating managers start from amateur rather than rookie but it's been discussed before and I don't think its gonna happen,,,

To me you can only be a rookie once lol

And yes it is pretty easy to dominate at that level once you know the game so yues it is a bit unfair for those who start but hey we have all been there ;)
Darragh Reidy
(Groupe Rookie - 18)

Pays:
Irlande 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #5 Posté (le) 22 Janvier 2022, 22:55:33 Citer 
1 question I hit reset during this season in rookie. Im close to top 4 again. Am I able to get promoted to Amateur next season should I be in the top 4?
Richard Robin Paukson
(Groupe Pro - 6)

Pays:
Estonie 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #6 Posté (le) 23 Janvier 2022, 15:04:12 Citer 
Quote ( Christian Beaulieu @ January 22nd 2022,21:59:35 )

And yes it is pretty easy to dominate at that level once you know the game so yues it is a bit unfair for those who start but hey we have all been there ;)

What about achievement hunters? Plus, its's more than possible to promote from Rookie racing against these people.
Christian Beaulieu
(Groupe Rookie - 21)

Pays:
Canada 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #7 Posté (le) 23 Janvier 2022, 15:10:09 Citer 
Quote ( Richard Robin Paukson @ January 23rd 2022,15:04:12 )

Plus, its's more than possible to promote from Rookie racing against these people.

115 points without pushing at all... guess i'm part of THESE people ;)

Jens Jäschke
(Groupe Amateur - 28)

Pays:
Allemagne 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #8 Posté (le) 23 Janvier 2022, 15:19:38 Citer 

What about achievement hunters?

I think achievements should also be reset when doing a rookie reset (but not during normal relegation).

Plus, its's more than possible to promote from Rookie racing against these people.

True. There are multiple promotion slots for a reason.
It'll leave you in a sligthly worse position, since you earn less money from a second place, but it's quite doable.

Quote ( Christian Beaulieu @ January 22nd 2022,21:59:35 )

I've always been a supporter of super-rookie groups for anyone that has either been higher than Ama before, or has negative balance while sitting on a promotion spot two times in a row.
Richard Robin Paukson
(Groupe Pro - 6)

Pays:
Estonie 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #9 Posté (le) 23 Janvier 2022, 16:18:28 Citer 
Quote ( Jens Jäschke @ January 23rd 2022,15:19:38 )

I think achievements should also be reset when doing a rookie reset (but not during normal relegation).

Why?

Jens Jäschke
(Groupe Amateur - 28)

Pays:
Allemagne 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (0)   Je n'aime pas ce post (1)
Posts anciens #10 Posté (le) 23 Janvier 2022, 16:31:46 Citer 
In my opinion, rookie resets should be used for resetting your account completely. Everything is wiped, you start with a blank slate.
It shouldn't be a shortcut to lower leagues after exhausting your package in a big push. Those people aren't Rookies and therefore shouldn't be in Rookie. Both for their sake and for the sake of the actual Rookies.

Now that I think about it some more, we need a shortcut to lower levels, though, since waiting three seasons to drop from Elite to Ama isn't that great either.
Maybe an account setting "If I relegate, drop all the way to X", but that probably also has its own problems.
Christian Beaulieu
(Groupe Rookie - 21)

Pays:
Canada 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (0)   Je n'aime pas ce post (1)
Posts anciens #11 Posté (le) 23 Janvier 2022, 16:36:08 Citer 
Quote ( Jens Jäschke @ January 23rd 2022,16:31:46 )

In my opinion, rookie resets should be used for resetting your account completely. Everything is wiped, you start with a blank slate.
It shouldn't be a shortcut to lower leagues after exhausting your package in a big push. Those people aren't Rookies and therefore shouldn't be in Rookie. Both for their sake and for the sake of the actual Rookies.

Exactly

Plus back in the day the Rookie groups were minimum 32 drivers per race... now you can score points doing nothing because they are 13 racers...
Marius Ruţa
(Groupe Rookie - 58)

Pays:
Roumanie 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (3)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #12 Posté (le) 23 Janvier 2022, 16:47:03 Citer 
Rookie reset is a choice the manager makes, with all the negatives it brings. I did it once because 3 straight relegations would've killed my interest for the game. It was my choice and I took the consequences of it.

What about players retiring from the game, then returning? Is it fair to throw them straight back into Ama? On what grounds? What conditions? How much money, what car, what driver, sponsor, package as a whole. For all the discussions about super Rookies, experienced managers not belonging there etc., Rookie is a level playing ground to begin with. Everyone starts with the same money, same car, same S&F and same sponsors. Some will be better than others because of the knowledge.
Christian Beaulieu
(Groupe Rookie - 21)

Pays:
Canada 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (1)   Je n'aime pas ce post (2)
Posts anciens #13 Posté (le) 23 Janvier 2022, 16:53:25 Citer 
Quote ( Marius Ruţa @ January 23rd 2022,16:47:03 )

What about players retiring from the game, then returning? Is it fair to throw them straight back into Ama? On what grounds? What conditions? How much money, what car, what driver, sponsor, package as a whole. For all the discussions about super Rookies, experienced managers not belonging there etc., Rookie is a level playing ground to begin with. Everyone starts with the same money, same car, same S&F and same sponsors. Some will be better than others because of the knowledge.

Im sure all of that has been discussed many times... To me the only ''problem'' I see is that starting players lose interest fast when they see experienced managers dominate every race!

They fast get the feeling they don't understand what they are doing and leave

Right now they are 150 rookie groups... make it 50 rookie and 50 ''super rookie'' and you fix 2 things at once... groups with more managers and real rookies racing together

Just my opinion, i know it won't be done ;)
Richard Robin Paukson
(Groupe Pro - 6)

Pays:
Estonie 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (5)   Je n'aime pas ce post (2)
Posts anciens #14 Posté (le) 23 Janvier 2022, 18:27:01 Citer 
Quote ( Jens Jäschke @ January 23rd 2022,16:31:46 )

Now that I think about it some more, we need a shortcut to lower levels, though, since waiting three seasons to drop from Elite to Ama isn't that great either.

Rookie resetting is definitely not a smart thing to do if you want to got to Ama in order to rebuild (because it resets EVERYTHING, including the things you want to keep), and it's not meant for that either. Plus, you can still build your package while relegating.

There are different reasons for wanting to reset back to Rookie, among which are achievement hunting and wanting to play the game casually. And while the player might not be interesting at performing at the highest level anymore, they might still have achieved things that they're proud of and want to display to others. Furthermore - what if an Elite champion retires? Do we wipe their championship(s) from the records as well?

Quote ( Christian Beaulieu @ January 23rd 2022,16:36:08 )

Plus back in the day the Rookie groups were minimum 32 drivers per race... now you can score points doing nothing because they are 13 racers...

I thought that the problem was the resetters taking away points and income from actual rookies?

Quote ( Christian Beaulieu @ January 23rd 2022,16:53:25 )

Im sure all of that has been discussed many times... To me the only ''problem'' I see is that starting players lose interest fast when they see experienced managers dominate every race!

They fast get the feeling they don't understand what they are doing and leave

So you'd prefer that Rookies found out about their deficiencies only after promoting to Amateur? Racing against better managers can give you an idea of how much you still have to learn. Plus, GPRO is all about long-term progress and planning. If someone gets frustrated after losing to a super rookie in less than a season then they probably wouldn't last in the game very long after promoting to Amateur, assuming they even make it that far. GPRO is a super-long-term game, and learning to cope with failure and enduring some difficulties early on will give the player a better idea of the game they're playing.

Quote ( Christian Beaulieu @ January 23rd 2022,16:53:25 )

Right now they are 150 rookie groups... make it 50 rookie and 50 ''super rookie'' and you fix 2 things at once... groups with more managers and real rookies racing together

The reason why you have few people racing in Rookie is exactly the players you would like to keep for longer by excluding them from experienced managers. They usually get drustrated after not seeing instant progress across a few races, and leave. With more people racing, they will perceive their results even worse, as they seem to be further away from points positions/the top. Merging the Rookie groups would show a temporary spike in the amount of people qualifying, followed by a bunch of people quitting the game.
Billy Van Der Merwe
(Groupe Rookie - 127)

Pays:
Afrique du Sud 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (2)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #15 Posté (le) 24 Janvier 2022, 07:17:19 Citer 
Guys, you missing the point in this tread, it is about how can a person reset to rookie from a higher league without going threw a end of season, and the game rules doesn't allow such a down grade but it is happening out there.

We either need an update of the game rules or these managers must be exposed who get prefferencial treatment
Page [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Game Rules Regarding Account Resets Ajouter ce sujet à votre liste des sujets à ignorer Ajouter ce sujet à votre liste des sujets à observer

Répondre à ce sujet