Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > tyre puncture and prize! Ajouter ce sujet à votre liste des sujets à ignorer Ajouter ce sujet à votre liste des sujets à observer
Page [1
Auteur Sujet: tyre puncture and prize! 23 réponses
Matteo Ravasi
(Groupe Pro - 23)

Pays:
Italie 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (2)   Je n'aime pas ce post (5)
Posts anciens #1 Posté (le) 5 Janvier 2022, 22:21:16 Citer 
hi, I would like to know on average how many times the tire gets punctured at the BEGINNING of the race, so as to lose almost all the prize money even if it were the last place.
This problem has happened to me twice, in the last season and in the current one, with the loss of over 10 million without counting the morale of the sponsors.
Random are random, but are we sure it's so much fun?
At least change the cut prizes rule if there is a puncture in play.

cheers.
Florencia Caro
(Groupe Amateur - 58)

Équipe GPRO
  Pays:
Argentine 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (1)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #2 Posté (le) 5 Janvier 2022, 22:24:33 Citer 
Are you talking about a pucnture, or a start crash, Matteo? Because punctures are rare and random, but start crashes are, most of the times, a consequence of the manager's choices regarding race and start risks.
Kyle Morris
(Groupe Pro - 17)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #3 Posté (le) 5 Janvier 2022, 22:25:58 Citer 
Ive just checked, actual tyre punctures Flo. Last race on lap 12, and last season on lap 17, both punctures

That is a rotten bit of luck. The only positive is because it was early, its a lot less wear on your car parts
Matteo Ravasi
(Groupe Pro - 23)

Pays:
Italie 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (0)   Je n'aime pas ce post (1)
Posts anciens #4 Posté (le) 5 Janvier 2022, 22:30:14 (dernière édition (le) 5 Janvier 2022, 22:32:59 par Matteo Ravasi) Citer 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ January 5th 2022,22:24:33 )

Are you talking about a pucnture, or a start crash, Matteo? Because punctures are rare and random, but start crashes are, most of the times, a consequence of the manager's choices regarding race and start risks.

Hi Florencia, there are the races:
Grobnick season 84 race 6. lap 20: tyre puncture
Mexico City season 85 race 8. lap: 13: tyre puncture

maybe you can check the race analysis, however is not a crash.
Ilia Lilov
(Groupe Pro - 2)

Pays:
Bulgarie 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #5 Posté (le) 5 Janvier 2022, 22:33:50 Citer 
I don't have any hard data but I would say on average you can expect less than 1 random per season. It is unfortunate you got the harshest random event twice but I have had more minor Randoms twice in a row. It happens ... sorry for the bad beats
Matteo Ravasi
(Groupe Pro - 23)

Pays:
Italie 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (1)   Je n'aime pas ce post (1)
Posts anciens #6 Posté (le) 5 Janvier 2022, 22:48:18 (dernière édition (le) 5 Janvier 2022, 22:49:39 par Matteo Ravasi) Citer 
I know that there are failures due to the wear of the parts, we often know in advance that it will happen. but taking the puncture to the extreme, it might happen to me to puncture also at the next race, I invest a porcupine and that's it, but is it possible limit the collateral economic damage?
Matteo Ravasi
(Groupe Pro - 23)

Pays:
Italie 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (3)   Je n'aime pas ce post (5)
Posts anciens #7 Posté (le) 7 Janvier 2022, 22:16:56 Citer 
i like know why the person that dislike my post dont write to explain the idea.
tell me i want to know, maybe i can understand more and learn better.
i wait.
Hans Barf
(Groupe Rookie - 88)

Équipe GPRO
  Pays:
Pays-Bas 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (10)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #8 Posté (le) 9 Janvier 2022, 10:39:04 Citer 
I trust the thumb down is only to say that he or she does not agree with your suggestion.
The thumbs down on the post you asking that person to explain is more worrisome. We have some ppl in this forum who rather thumb down than have a civil discussion.

Randoms are a thing to consider when applied in large numbers. I have had this discussion several times with Stefan.
Suppose the chance to get a random each race is 5%. 5% might not seem big, but with 10.000 players and over the course of 1 season only 4320 players would NOT get a random. On the other hand, 93 unlucky managers would suffer 4 or 5 randoms in that season. Over a period of 10 seasons 2 (!) managers will never get a random all the way to 3 managers who suffer 20+ randoms. The rest normal distributed between 0-21

Now is 5% probably to big. Suppose the chance to get a random each race is 0.1%. 0.1% is probably to small. In 1 season 170 managers would suffer 1 random and 1 unlucky person (Matteo e.g.) would suffer 2. Over the course of 10 seasons a similar picture, with roughly 1600 managers suffering 1 random or more, with a max of 3.
So totally acceptable.

The true chance is more likely to be around 1%. In 1 season roughly 8500 managers do not get a random. Roughly 1450 suffer 1 random and 150 suffer 2 or a few even 3.
This might be acceptable to the majority of the managers, since they suffer 0 or 1 random, but the 150 manager suffer the way Matteo describes it.
Over the course of 10 seasons only about 1800 never suffered a random. About 7200 managers suffer 1 or 2 or 3 randoms. The remaining 1000 managers (so 10% of us) suffer between 4 and 8 randoms.

I think the chance of getting a random is even a bit higher than 1%. But regardless of that, small chances combined with many managers and many races still lead to extreme outcomes. We need to ask our selfs if we want to have a small proportion of managers suffer from random bad luck or that we need to minimize that risk or cap the consequences of it.

Ricardo Antunes
(Groupe Amateur - 28)

Pays:
Portugal 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #9 Posté (le) 9 Janvier 2022, 11:30:26 Citer 
Quote ( Hans Barf @ January 9th 2022,10:39:04 )

I think the chance of getting a random is even a bit higher than 1%. But regardless of that, small chances combined with many managers and many races still lead to extreme outcomes. We need to ask our selfs if we want to have a small proportion of managers suffer from random bad luck or that we need to minimize that risk or cap the consequences of it.

Some people have been adamant of randoms to be removed entirely from the game, resulting in a span of 10 seasons, 10.000 managers would have a total of 0 randoms :P

In all seriousness now, the existance of randoms will always leave to some unhappy people. As long as we have randoms, we will have unlucky managers. The question we need to ask ourselves is: What do randoms provide us with? Is it worth keeping them? Is it a meaningful mechanic?

I'm not saying I'm Pro or Anti randoms, I'm just saying that mitigating the incidence of randoms will likely not solve the problem in my opinion. Because people will still have them and will still complain (rightfully so, I guess :P)
Hans Barf
(Groupe Rookie - 88)

Équipe GPRO
  Pays:
Pays-Bas 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #10 Posté (le) 9 Janvier 2022, 12:23:37 Citer 
For the record, I do like some random. I don't wanna loose the 'your driver barfed in his helmet'...
but helmet can take only so much barf over a season ;)

I think manager should be able to build in a margin allowing for the odd poor outcome. But a cap of some sort to avoid extremes would get my vote.

Marius Ruţa
(Groupe Rookie - 58)

Pays:
Roumanie 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (0)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #11 Posté (le) 9 Janvier 2022, 13:00:25 (dernière édition (le) 9 Janvier 2022, 13:00:58 par Marius Ruţa) Citer 
If you get a race ending random, you shouldn't be subjected to 90% rule. You already get punished enough by losing driver moti, race position income, sponsors or potential points.

Since I returned, I had two randoms, a race ending puncture and a fixable random part failure that cost me a race win. Being in Rookie, it had almost no effect, but it is annoying having your plans ruined by something you have no control of.
Geir Pukk
(Groupe Pro - 6)

Pays:
Estonie 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #12 Posté (le) 9 Janvier 2022, 14:33:06 Citer 
The important thing to keep in mind is that the chance of a random increases to at least 80% when you are in desperate need for a result after some plans failing :)
Matteo Ravasi
(Groupe Pro - 23)

Pays:
Italie 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #13 Posté (le) 9 Janvier 2022, 15:39:37 (dernière édition (le) 9 Janvier 2022, 15:40:42 par Matteo Ravasi) Citer 
Quote ( Hans Barf @ January 9th 2022,10:39:04 )

We need to ask our selfs if we want to have a small proportion of managers suffer from random bad luck or that we need to minimize that risk or cap the consequences of it.

Thank you very much for the answer, probably as you say I have been very unlucky. I was asking to give the full prize for this particular type of random at the beginning of the race.
Full prize compared to the position at the end of the race, in my case 39th, would be a help to digest the situation, to give two numbers if i can:
position 39 full prize: 7,689,747 tire cost: 1,000,000
position 39 penalty penalized: 3,844,872 tire cost: 0
Not paying for tires and low wear doesn't compensate the loss for me. if I finished 95% with the engine (only example, but it can also be more parts ...) and now I finish 85% it does not change much, the part / parts must always change equally.
All of this makes it really difficult to compete with others.
I wanted to say that this type of random is different from all the others. In these cases we players have no fault, at least I repeat for what I understand about the game.
Sven Schilling
(Groupe Rookie - 121)

Pays:
Allemagne 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #14 Posté (le) 9 Janvier 2022, 21:49:44 (dernière édition (le) 9 Janvier 2022, 21:50:22 par Sven Schilling) Citer 
Quote ( Hans Barf @ January 9th 2022,12:23:37 )

For the record, I do like some random. I don't wanna loose the 'your driver barfed in his helmet'...
but helmet can take only so much barf over a season ;)

Does that mean that Hans Barf is a fake name.
I could barf about it. :-)
Hans Barf
(Groupe Rookie - 88)

Équipe GPRO
  Pays:
Pays-Bas 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (3)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #15 Posté (le) 10 Janvier 2022, 19:06:16 Citer 
I would not bet a schilling on me having a fake name.
Ethan Littlejohns
(Groupe Amateur - 8)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (3)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #16 Posté (le) 10 Janvier 2022, 19:10:15 Citer 
Quote ( Hans Barf @ January 10th 2022,19:06:16 )

I would bet six or Sven.

Ok that was a bad joke, I hold my Hans up.

Robert Ardelean
(Groupe Rookie - 71)

Pays:
Roumanie 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #17 Posté (le) 10 Janvier 2022, 20:16:00 Citer 
On a personal opinion, not having any randoms is not good, these things occur in real life as well(tyre failures out of nowhere, for example *cough Verstappen Baku 2021*), we need to have them in the game as well, although how upsetting it may be... The game will be kinda "boring" if we don't add a little spice in there. But the crucial thing is selecting how big the chance of randoms are for each individual, so that we don't get full of randoms each season. It just seems you were on the unlucky side, @Matteo Ravasi (P23)...
David Andrewartha
(Groupe Pro - 12)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #18 Posté (le) 10 Janvier 2022, 21:59:36 Citer 
Quote ( Hans Barf @ January 9th 2022,12:23:37 )

helmet can take only so much barf over a season

That's a frightening thought to the Brits here considering your name mate, lol.
Chris Shaw
(Groupe Pro - 9)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #19 Posté (le) 10 Janvier 2022, 23:42:23 Citer 
Quote ( Hans Barf @ January 10th 2022,19:06:16 )

Pfft, we all know your real surname: Olo.
Tony Oliver
(Groupe Pro - 13)

Pays:
Canada 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #20 Posté (le) 11 Janvier 2022, 22:39:12 Citer 
Quote ( Geir Pukk @ January 9th 2022,14:33:06 )

The important thing to keep in mind is that the chance of a random increases to at least 80% when you are in desperate need for a result after some plans failing :)

Have had this happen to me a couple of times very frustrating when you are fighting to retain, but such is life!
Darryl Kucmerowski
(Groupe Amateur - 49)

Pays:
États-Unis 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #21 Posté (le) 11 Janvier 2022, 22:53:00 Citer 
I had a puncture happen this race... what's my prize??
Jordy Battello
(Groupe Amateur - 38)

Pays:
Belgique 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #22 Posté (le) 11 Janvier 2022, 23:01:19 Citer 
and that whas it a a stupid puncture in lap 112 whele been 8 second ahead of the second and if i could just make it to the pit i still would have been 2th what a joke seasen this year for me
Philippos Tsintis
(Groupe Rookie - 74)

Pays:
Chypre 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #23 Posté (le) 12 Janvier 2022, 07:49:29 Citer 
Hello people, i have a very specific question. Does anyone know what is Clear Track Risk?? If anyone wants to explain to me send me a personal message please. I have some general questions around it. Thank you!!
Jens Jäschke
(Groupe Amateur - 28)

Pays:
Allemagne 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #24 Posté (le) 12 Janvier 2022, 11:30:44 Citer 
Please don't hijack random threads, Philippos. Ask in the Newbie section and you'll probably get an answer.
Page [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > tyre puncture and prize! Ajouter ce sujet à votre liste des sujets à ignorer Ajouter ce sujet à votre liste des sujets à observer

Répondre à ce sujet