Grand Prix Racing Online Foro > Forum games > Diceball - Season 2 Agregar este tema a tu lista de ignorados Agregar este tema a tu lista de observados
Página « 1 2 3 ... 11 12 [13 Ir a la página:
Autor Tema: Diceball - Season 2 373 respuestas
Keith Partridge
(Grupo Amateur - 12)

País:
Gales 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (0)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #361 Publicado el 3-Ago-2023, 20:32:38 Citar 
Congrats Adam.... Bad luck Mike .... and thanks Bálint

Roll on Season 3!!!!!
Jun Ho
(Grupo Amateur - 14)

País:
Hong Kong 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #362 Publicado el 3-Ago-2023, 22:34:54 Citar 
Happy to see Edgars win a title! Congrats Adam! Now I have 3 picks for next season's draft.. :)
Mike Chatzikonstantinou
(Grupo Amateur - 35)

País:
Grecia 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #363 Publicado el 3-Ago-2023, 23:12:01 Citar 
Congrats Adam, deserve it 100%
Thanks Bálint
Adam Harter
(Grupo Elite)

País:
Estados Unidos 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #364 Publicado el 4-Ago-2023, 01:41:08 Citar 
Thanks everyone and thanks to Balint for hosting. Looking forward to seeing how the game evolves. Take care everyone.
Ivelin Dobrev
(Grupo Rookie - 140)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #365 Publicado el 4-Ago-2023, 01:48:02 Citar 
Congrats Adam, thanks Bàlint, really nice game!
Ania Piekarska
(Grupo Master - 3)

País:
Polonia 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #366 Publicado el 4-Ago-2023, 12:29:16 Citar 
Congrats Adam and thanks Bálint for hosting!
George Togas
(Grupo Pro - 19)

País:
Grecia 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #367 Publicado el 4-Ago-2023, 15:16:20 Citar 
Grats Alan and thanks Balint for hosting!
Bert Meeus
(Grupo Pro - 11)

País:
Bélgica 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #368 Publicado el 4-Ago-2023, 18:27:28 Citar 
Congratz Adam & thanks for hosting Bálint!
Bálint Turi-Kováts
(Grupo Rookie - 25)

Moderador del tema
  País:
Hungría 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #369 Publicado el 28-Ago-2023, 17:30:00 Citar 
Hey everyone, thank you for your patience!

Appreciate the kind words everyone, I'm glad you are having fun with this game. I certainly enjoy hosting it! This August was a much needed break from hosting games, but now it's much harder to get back into the usual rhythm. I'm still not fully ready to start the new season yet, I think there's still plenty to work on, I'm still unhappy with imperfections and loopholes, some of which I talk about below:

I disliked divisions with an odd amount of teams; bye matches should be prevented, even with adding AI teams.
It never really felt natural that one of seven teams per division had nothing to do on a given deadline, and I received lots of submissions from those bye teams as well. Ibrahim and the Luckies have shown that an AI team is not outrageously bad, but still never really interfere with the normal teams, so if all else fails, I'm inclined to add one AI team to make it an even (6 or 8) teams everywhere.

Penalties for missing and impossible submissions feel unbalanced.
There are a lot of ways a submission can't be considered "regular", from missing a submission, to having to post an illegal submission, which has different penalties in regular season and playoffs. A manager with exactly five healthy players still has to submit, and if they miss, the same five players get used, just with their minimum values, then home advantage still attached. This is all too complicated and perhaps harsh in my opinion. I'm also unsure if the current illegal penalty (0 score + 1 penalty point per exhausted player) is the best one, some said it's too harsh, some said it's not harsh enough, I can't think of any better system currently. This last one is also hard to use fairly in a Playoff format, which may become a problem eventually.

Home advantage in the Regular season vs in the Playoffs.
There was a suggestion after Season 1 that home advantage shouldn't be a thing in the Playoffs. I'm sure we can find a real life analogy for this (the Playoffs are held in neutral venues over the course of a mini tournament) but to me it would make more sense, if this mechanic stayed consistent throughout the entire season, with or without advantage. I can see some arguments against it, like both teams prioritising their home match before Game 3, which I guess results in predictable 2-1s, but they're 2-1s regardless, not necessarily a bad thing.
It was also not intuitive to me to ask the teams who won Playoff matches 2-0, to submit a dummy team for Game 3, but I believe this is the best outcome and reward currently. I could maybe offer two alternatives: 1.) All players of 2-0 winners get +1 Energy, or 2.) Five random players get +1 Energy; neither feel better, only simpler.

I wish I could encourage deals between managers more.
There are a good amount of player changes during a season, and of course the exciting pre-season draft. But apart from the rare draft pick trade, almost everything happens with a free agent involved. I'd like to think of a fair upgrade on this front, but not much comes to mind that doesn't come with loopholes (teams trading back and forth)
Maybe, if a player joins a human team with energy, they would keep 1 Energy instead of 0? So you can use the new player exactly once.

Does the game offer enough variety, in terms of available line-ups?
Ideally played, a team only has 6-7 players, exactly 5-6 of them with energy. This doesn't allow for many strategic options, and there was at least one manager who could confidently post their lineup for the Regular season - and advanced with ease. I don't think there's a quick fix, but it seems to me that the game would benefit from more managerial options. Can this be achieved? Hard to say, my main two ideas (1. reduce energy so you need more players, 2. increase the minimum player count from 6 to 8+) don't solve everything immediately, so this is definitely not a Season 3 change.
Alternatively, the game embraces the few options, the linear gameplay, then I make the game quicker, with multiple rounds per deadline.

About the pace of the season.
This was an oddly paced season. 21 teams participated in seven weeks of Regular season (missing two deadlines each). Then the Playoffs only featured 8 teams but they still lasted four weeks, and that's with me accelerating the final few submissions where we wait on 2 or 4 teams maximum. This is another reason why multiple rounds per deadline could work, but it also makes sense to give players the time to think through their strategy match by match.
Alternatively, I'm not a fan of secondary trophies or consolation brackets, but if the game feels empty throughout the Playoffs, this might be a way to put more life into it.

I still don't have a proper way to do training.
It's been about a full season since I teased the possibility of training from Season 3, and I still want to open the new season with the ability to train players. But I'm not convinced that I've found a way to implement it the best way, currently (still) the following two ways are on my mind:
- At the end of the season, as players lose 1 Age (they get older), managers may use that point to invest into Min or Max, thus leaving the value of the player the same.
- Players would accumulate skill points each time they play (younger player gains more), which, when filled, could be turned into an extra Min or Max point. This is the more interactive version but potentially harder to keep track of it all.
One problem in both cases, is that there are only three player attributes, Min, Max and Fitness. Improving Fitness by one is worth way more than improving Min or Max by one, so Training will either have to be lacklustre or hard to balance.

So this is where I'm at currently. I'd like to find answers for at least some of these questions or concerns before I can host the next season of this game. Any feedback is welcome, I try to answer them as quick as possible, and along with the usual preparation, I'm hoping to start the new thread within a week or two.
Richard Robin Paukson
(Grupo Amateur - 16)

País:
Estonia 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #370 Publicado el 28-Ago-2023, 19:56:44 Citar 
Quote ( Bálint Turi-Kováts @ August 28th 2023,17:30:00 )

I disliked divisions with an odd amount of teams; bye matches should be prevented, even with adding AI teams.
It never really felt natural that one of seven teams per division had nothing to do on a given deadline, and I received lots of submissions from those bye teams as well. Ibrahim and the Luckies have shown that an AI team is not outrageously bad, but still never really interfere with the normal teams, so if all else fails, I'm inclined to add one AI team to make it an even (6 or 8) teams everywhere.

How would AI teams work in the Free Agent market though?

Does the game offer enough variety, in terms of available line-ups?
Ideally played, a team only has 6-7 players, exactly 5-6 of them with energy. This doesn't allow for many strategic options, and there was at least one manager who could confidently post their lineup for the Regular season - and advanced with ease. I don't think there's a quick fix, but it seems to me that the game would benefit from more managerial options. Can this be achieved? Hard to say, my main two ideas (1. reduce energy so you need more players, 2. increase the minimum player count from 6 to 8+) don't solve everything immediately, so this is definitely not a Season 3 change.
Alternatively, the game embraces the few options, the linear gameplay, then I make the game quicker, with multiple rounds per deadline.

One "issue" for signing more players is the restrictive salary cap. Although I wouldn't mind operating with it in an environment with more players needed. I feel like increasing the minimum player count will still mean that people use minimal rotations and will just get 1 or 2 dummy players who will see no playing time. Energy changes could work, or perhaps a novel idea: a player who plays in their Xth (eg 3rd or 4th) match in a row loses 2 energy instead of 1 (but going from 1 to -1 wouldn't trigger the exhaustion penalty). Alternatively there could be a "fatigue" mechanic based on consecutive matches played that reduces a player's scoring potential somehow.

I still don't have a proper way to do training.
It's been about a full season since I teased the possibility of training from Season 3, and I still want to open the new season with the ability to train players. But I'm not convinced that I've found a way to implement it the best way, currently (still) the following two ways are on my mind:
- At the end of the season, as players lose 1 Age (they get older), managers may use that point to invest into Min or Max, thus leaving the value of the player the same.
- Players would accumulate skill points each time they play (younger player gains more), which, when filled, could be turned into an extra Min or Max point. This is the more interactive version but potentially harder to keep track of it all.
One problem in both cases, is that there are only three player attributes, Min, Max and Fitness. Improving Fitness by one is worth way more than improving Min or Max by one, so Training will either have to be lacklustre or hard to balance.

With training, we'd need to keep the salary cap in mind too (regarding the skill points example).
Bálint Turi-Kováts
(Grupo Rookie - 25)

Moderador del tema
  País:
Hungría 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #371 Publicado el 31-Ago-2023, 07:41:54 (última edición el 31-Ago-2023, 07:42:14 por Bálint Turi-Kováts) Citar 
AI teams probably wouldn't be involved in deals or the player market. Maybe they could be persuaded into deals with managers if the deal is favorable enough.

Fatigue is a fair point, I'll try to think of a way but "1 match = 1 energy" is a rule hard to let go for its simplicity.

With Skill Points the salary cap can be taken into account, or it can also be ignored. Meaning, a team can go from 2.25 to 2.26 salary via training, they can't hire any new players of course. This might be too lenient, I wonder if a group of young players trained but never sold (thus reaching a team salary of 2.40 or more) would break things or just open up new possibilities.

I'm thinking 1% per Age for each match played.
Someone young (Age = 9) would get 9% of a point after a match played. Someone older (Age = 3) would get much lower, just 3%. It would cost 1 Skill Point to upgrade Min or Max by 1, and I suppose Fitness could follow the formula and cost 3 points to train. Values subject to change, I would need to see how a player would accumulate Skill Points over a career.
Richard Robin Paukson
(Grupo Amateur - 16)

País:
Estonia 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #372 Publicado el 31-Ago-2023, 07:53:34 Citar 

Quote ( Bálint Turi-Kováts @ August 31st 2023,07:41:54 )

With Skill Points the salary cap can be taken into account, or it can also be ignored. Meaning, a team can go from 2.25 to 2.26 salary via training, they can't hire any new players of course. This might be too lenient, I wonder if a group of young players trained but never sold (thus reaching a team salary of 2.40 or more) would break things or just open up new possibilities.

I think this wouldn't actually break it. In this situation you really have to commit. Because the moment you want to trade, sign a Free Agent or draft a player, you would need to go below the salary cap again. And if we were to use the formula you proposed for skill gain, then the only way you could really outpace the loss of age would be to have 2 or 3 consecutive long playoff runs with a very young roster or more matches in the regular season. At an average of 12 matches played per season, for example, an Age 9 player would only gain 1,08 skill points, while across an entire 9-season career of playing 12 matches per season, a player would gain less than 6 skill points.

If you want to add more depth to the game, there could be an attribute named "talent" or something which would provide an additional multiplier to the value provided by Age.
Liviu Sandu
(Grupo Pro - 7)

País:
Rumania 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #373 Publicado el 31-Ago-2023, 12:54:06 Citar 
Related to money, funds. Maybe - in my opinion - everyone should go on the road with the same funds, and the victories should bring an extra.
This would allow the stronger clubs to manage the players' situation differently.
Jun Ho
(Grupo Amateur - 14)

País:
Hong Kong 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #374 Publicado el 31-Ago-2023, 13:51:59 Citar 

I wish I could encourage deals between managers more.
There are a good amount of player changes during a season, and of course the exciting pre-season draft. But apart from the rare draft pick trade, almost everything happens with a free agent involved. I'd like to think of a fair upgrade on this front, but not much comes to mind that doesn't come with loopholes (teams trading back and forth)
Maybe, if a player joins a human team with energy, they would keep 1 Energy instead of 0? So you can use the new player exactly once.

Maybe force a 1 to 1 trade with FA and players? You must do an FA trade and a player trade before you are allowed to do that round again. No idea how that would work though.
Página « 1 2 3 ... 11 12 [13 Ir a la página:
Grand Prix Racing Online Foro > Forum games > Diceball - Season 2 Agregar este tema a tu lista de ignorados Agregar este tema a tu lista de observados

Responder a este tema