Página « 1 2 3 ... 9 10 [11 Ir para página:
Autor Tópico: New to GPro? Quit 308 respostas
Sean Collins
(Grupo Rookie - 85)

País:
Ilha de Man 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (0)   Não gosto deste post (0)
Post antigo #301 Postado 30 Out 2021, 04:54:08 Citar 
Alain who are you talking to? Do you need help?
Ken Neihart
(Grupo Pro - 14)

País:
Estados Unidos 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (0)   Não gosto deste post (0)
Post antigo #302 Postado 30 Out 2021, 08:26:48 (editado pela última vêz 30 Out 2021, 08:27:55 por Ken Neihart) Citar 
Quote ( Alain Routhier @ October 30th 2021,03:04:26 )

"1) Find Out By Yourself."

Not everyone will or can

This or any other game ever made wasn't suppose to suit everyone.

"2) Make friends and exchange pm's to get FOBY."

Part of my point about this game having "clicks" unavailable to newbies

Really? I see quite few "newbies" get along very nicely here, but then again they didn't start a thread named "New to GPro? Quit".

"3) Join a team and gain knowledge and/or work together to discover different aspects of the game."

Valid point just not what is promoted in the current environment.

You might want to rethink that statement because there are teams that recruit "newbies" hell, there's even teams that recruit nothing but "newbies" Have you tried the Mentor Program?

"I'm curious to find out if you use cheats in video games and do fist pumps when you win?"

You had to ad the little poke and insults in order to irritate the person you are speaking with rigth?

I was asking a valid question, sorry you took it as an insult. So, do you use video game cheats and then do fist pumps when you win?

I guess you have to be you

I do me best :)
Hans Barf
(Grupo Rookie - 88)

Equipe do GPRO
  País:
Holanda 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (7)   Não gosto deste post (0)
Post antigo #303 Postado 30 Out 2021, 11:33:13 (editado pela última vêz 30 Out 2021, 11:34:06 por Hans Barf) Citar 
okay - enough of all this.

The topic at hand is or was someone thinking this game was no good but decided to keep data mining for some obscure reason. The question at hand is 1) do we need players like Alain to stick around after 2 years of playing (and IMHO we do) and if so, what can be done to make that happen?

We welcome any constructive suggestion and discussions which improves gameplay and helps new and less new players learn to the game in such a way it is fun and motivating to stick around and put effort in it. This included point of view about the extent of how open and helpfull we need to be for new players (within the lines of that this game may not be supposed to suit everybody).
We need old and experienced players as well as new blood.

But any remarks directed at persons rather than content will be followed up by a topic ban. Same holds for ppl double posting.
Alain Routhier
(Grupo Pro - 16)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (0)   Não gosto deste post (1)
Post antigo #304 Postado 12 Nov 2021, 19:26:43 Citar 

Hi Hans,

Maybe things get loss in the different translations that the game uses...

I never said:
"someone thinking this game was no good

I said the game was border line unplayable for new comers, there was very little information available within the game as to witch direction a new player should take, and the a new comer was more likely to get flamed than assisted if he/she post on the forum.

"decided to keep data mining for some obscure reason"

There is nothing obscure, I like collecting data and trying to create formulas and find patterns, I did not really care about the results and I don't really care what costume or format the game uses It could be F1, it could be a snail race, a boat race it doesn't even have to be a race it could simply be a contest to see who gets the best results from a given set of data points.

"do we need players like Alain to stick around"
Honestly I do not think this is any of anyone's business, apart from this post that was meant to expose some gamers behaviors against some challenges newbie experiences (and boy did we ever see those coming out with their insults and useless bickering!)...

People like me who play their game quietly in the background are the least toxic you may encounter.

"(and IMHO we do) and if so, what can be done to make that happen?"
Some posters earlier suggested that helping new gamers would only help keep people who otherwise would not play the game and those people would never become "good" manager...
So where is the problem in helping them and letting them play at "their" level?
Such managers might go up to AMA after Rookie but would never promote much higher and they would never challenge the "serious" managers. Instead for some reasons some senior gamers think they must "separate the wheat from the chaff" and the new players just quit after a few seasons.

"this game may not be supposed to suit everybody"
No game suits everybody but maybe the new player should be allowed to decide for himself if this game is his cup of tea or if it is not, who is so righteous that they can pretend to decide for them?

"any remarks directed at persons rather than content will be followed up by a topic ban"
That would be an excellent idea.
Frankly if we could separate the childish behavior from the adult discussion we could find positive things in this thread. Personally I have no time with the "noise" created by some and I mostly ignore it, but I did reply to comments that made sense even if they were sometimes (strongly) disagreeing with my post.

Cheers,

a.

Alain Routhier
(Grupo Pro - 16)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (0)   Não gosto deste post (1)
Post antigo #305 Postado 12 Nov 2021, 19:29:36 Citar 
Quote ( Sean Collins @ October 30th 2021,04:54:08 )

Sean, up until this post of yours I had some respect for your points but this childish 10 year old comment is surprising.

Perhaps you got caught-up in the bickering that has been going around.

Cheers,

a.

Sam Martin
(Grupo Rookie - 117)

País:
Estados Unidos 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (2)   Não gosto deste post (1)
Post antigo #306 Postado 12 Nov 2021, 19:38:05 Citar 
Quote ( Alain Routhier @ November 12th 2021,19:26:43 )

"do we need players like Alain to stick around"

Honestly I do not think this is any of anyone's business
I have to disagree here.
This is the sort of thing that the GPRO crew should be considering.
I would say that it is their business, and that it is kind of the thrust of the opening post.

Further: I'd say that it is, so some extent, everyone's business to make the environment welcoming to newbs, and to encourage creative ideas, and diverse viewpoints, to avoid having an echo chamber.

I think Hans was well within his scope to address the point, and I found his answer to be spot on, as well as consistent with your apparent original message, at least how I read it.
Alain Routhier
(Grupo Pro - 16)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (1)   Não gosto deste post (0)
Post antigo #307 Postado 12 Nov 2021, 20:22:12 (editado pela última vêz 12 Nov 2021, 20:24:38 por Alain Routhier) Citar 
Sam,

I see what you mean, Hans is some kind of admin I had not realize that.

So yes from the point of view of the game managers I think my OP should be viewed as constructive.

Even if just in identifying the bullies that the post was mostly about denouncing.
;-)

But for all the haters who post stuff like "just go away Alain", I don't say things like that to them so, I don't need them and they do not need me either!

Cheers,

a.

Alain Routhier
(Grupo Pro - 16)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (1)   Não gosto deste post (0)
Post antigo #308 Postado 12 Nov 2021, 21:55:10 Citar 
Quote ( Sean Collins @ October 30th 2021,04:54:08 )

... Or maybe that was a real and honest question and if so, Thank you for the offer.
We all need help at some point.
At the moment I made a costly mistake at R12 with part upgrades that I simply have to extricate myself from before I can go forward again.

So maybe at a later date I could message you if that was 0k with you.

Cheers,

a.

Daryl Gee
(Grupo Amateur - 34)

País:
África do Sul 
Certificado: 
Gosto deste post (2)   Não gosto deste post (0)
Post antigo #309 Postado 12 Nov 2021, 21:58:14 Citar 
Quote ( Hans Barf @ October 30th 2021,11:33:13 )

Same holds for ppl double posting.

Sorry about that Alain.

:)
Página « 1 2 3 ... 9 10 [11 Ir para página:

Responder a este tópico