Grand Prix Racing Online Форум > Newbie forum > Avoiding promoting too soon Добави тази тема към игнорираните теми Добави тази тема към наблюдаваните теми
Страница [1
Автор Тема: Avoiding promoting too soon 9 отговори
Dan Dixon
(Група Amateur - 76)

Страна:
Ирландия 
Сертифициран: 
Старо мнение #1 публикувано 1 Фев 2023 г. 13:09:39 Цитат 
Ok, so i think i made a couple rookie mistakes.

Started off my first season with a good driver and failed to notice his contract ran out mis season before he went over 85... spent too much offering drivers contracts and burned some cash.

So, my early season results were solid enough to hang onto 4th and promote (i thought it was only top3), but i wasn't exactly expecting to, so i was a bit frivolous with my money trying to make up for the driver change with car updated.

Now i'm stuck in amateur with a low level car, and no cash!

I don't think i'll fluke a result to get me out of the red-zone, so i'll be back to Rookie next season, should i tank my cash at the last race to ensure that? To have another learning season in Rookie
Iain Bartholomew
(Група Rookie - 72)

Страна:
Шотландия 
Сертифициран: 
Харесвам това мнение (1)   Не харесвам това мнение (0)
Старо мнение #2 публикувано 1 Фев 2023 г. 13:15:55 Цитат 
If you want to go back to Rookie you can choose to reset through your Account Settings (up the top there on the right of the menu) and not need to worry about retaining.
Dan Dixon
(Група Amateur - 76)

Страна:
Ирландия 
Сертифициран: 
Харесвам това мнение (0)   Не харесвам това мнение (0)
Старо мнение #3 публикувано 1 Фев 2023 г. 13:47:00 Цитат 
Ah thanks.

I remember reading about that in the rules, but thought there was a race limit on it, i see that's just for rookie managers now on a re-read though.

I assume that wipes your history/stats?

I was hoping to keep the qualifying bonus when demoting too.
Iain Bartholomew
(Група Rookie - 72)

Страна:
Шотландия 
Сертифициран: 
Старо мнение #4 публикувано 1 Фев 2023 г. 13:50:10 Цитат 
Quote ( Dan Dixon @ February 1st 2023,13:47:00 )

Ah thanks.

I remember reading about that in the rules, but thought there was a race limit on it, i see that's just for rookie managers now on a re-read though.

I assume that wipes your history/stats?

I was hoping to keep the qualifying bonus when demoting too.

If you race all 17 you will get the $5m. Look at my history, I reset after last season. You don't lose your stats.
Niels Van Heijster
(Група Amateur - 13)

Страна:
Холандия 
Сертифициран: 
Харесвам това мнение (4)   Не харесвам това мнение (0)
Старо мнение #5 публикувано 1 Фев 2023 г. 14:10:46 Цитат 
Alternatively, if you would like t0 retain, there might be an option to do so, though no guarantees obviously!

If you don't spend another dime in the next few races, you will likely smoke a lot and possibly not make the 90% distance in time. However, there will be race income! Question being, would that be enough to update/upgrade your car to have a fair shot in R17?! Currently a P15 finish in your group would easily suffice ... Then again, you package (car + driver) is indeed not looking strong ...

As said, it's an option. If you can make it, it will give you some well deserved experience. Should you fail, you will at least have tried a different approach, something to keep in mind for your future GPRO career! Besides, it'll give you some targets to play for in the next few races ;)

Then again, there is no shame in stepping back down to ROOKIE. But with 5 GP's left, I would give it a shot, but that might just be me ;)
Dan Dixon
(Група Amateur - 76)

Страна:
Ирландия 
Сертифициран: 
Старо мнение #6 публикувано 1 Фев 2023 г. 15:28:44 (редактирано 1 Фев 2023 г. 15:29:26 от Dan Dixon) Цитат 
Quote ( Iain Bartholomew @ February 1st 2023,13:50:10 )
[br
If you race all 17 you will get the $5m. Look at my history, I reset after last season. You don't lose your stats.

THANKS!

Quote ( Niels Van Heijster @ February 1st 2023,14:10:46 )

Then again, there is no shame in stepping back down to ROOKIE. But with 5 GP's left, I would give it a shot, but that might just be me ;)

Nice idea! But sounds risky that i might retain and spend another season trundling round at the back with no cash :')

Wolf Roiter
(Група Pro - 11)

Страна:
Австрия 
Сертифициран: 
Старо мнение #7 публикувано 1 Фев 2023 г. 16:00:59 Цитат 
Niels idea sounds great. in addition to that you might want to look for a new driver NOW, as your current driver is way below the OA limit and is too weak for racing in Amateur. it's a good opportunity to find a nice and cheap driver at this point of time in the ongoing season.

and if you manage to retain in race 17, you really deserve to stay in Amateur and will find ways to improve your results and the money situation.
Richard Robin Paukson
(Група Amateur - 16)

Страна:
Естония 
Сертифициран: 
Старо мнение #8 публикувано 1 Фев 2023 г. 16:04:46 Цитат 
From my experience you should be able to improve your car even if you finish near the bottom in Ama. Of course, it might not be the most fun option but I agree with Niels. Nothing is lost at this point (the last 1-2 races might see a bunch of people smoking, giving you a better chance of a good placement).
Dan Dixon
(Група Amateur - 76)

Страна:
Ирландия 
Сертифициран: 
Старо мнение #9 публикувано 1 Фев 2023 г. 16:43:54 Цитат 
Consider myself convinced! Thanks all!

Nothing to lose, as if i fail and relegate, it's all the same really.
Wolf Roiter
(Група Pro - 11)

Страна:
Австрия 
Сертифициран: 
Старо мнение #10 публикувано 1 Фев 2023 г. 19:38:35 Цитат 
oh, right - you can already renew car parts for race 16, they should be fine for 2 races easily, which gives you 2 chances to get a good result
Страница [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Форум > Newbie forum > Avoiding promoting too soon Добави тази тема към игнорираните теми Добави тази тема към наблюдаваните теми

Отговори в тази тема