Faqe « 1 2 3 ... 67 [6869 ... 96 97 98 » Shpejt shkoni në faqen:
Autori Temë: Bye Bye :( 2935 përgjigje
Tinie Lourens
(Grupi Master - 1)

Postime: 304
  Shteti:
Afrika e Jugut 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #2010 Postuar 2 Gusht 2016, 18:10:18 (Së fundi edituar 2 Gusht 2016, 18:11:05 nga Tinie Lourens) Citim 
Quote ( Kuba Szajbel @ August 2nd 2016,18:00:04 )

Many people quit GPRO because oh my god pokemon GO is so much better

Ah but you forget! If they don't play GPRO they are not going to catch Pachirisu on the track!

(Pachirisu is a small, white squirrel-like Pokémon)
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pachirisu_(Pok%C3%A9mon)
Alex Nikodem-Wing
(Grupi Pro - 13)

Postime: 1744
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #2011 Postuar 2 Gusht 2016, 18:11:51 Citim 
Quote ( Michael Keeney @ August 2nd 2016,18:03:06 )

( not trying to disrespect pro and below managers. However I feel most will agree you can manage 3 or 4 randoms in these tiers. Not ideal I know but manageable. Definitely not the case in Master and elite with sponsors, the level of competition and fine margins.

Manageable but 4 randoms in a season in pro can cost 15 million+ just in race earnings, even more if you consider possible sponsor loss. I think that would make a big difference in a promotion season.
Roy Mitchell
(Grupi Amateur - 39)

Postime: 5909
  Shteti:
Kanadë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #2012 Postuar 2 Gusht 2016, 18:14:47 Citim 
Point well taken, but at the time and even in retrospect yesterday looking at Laguna Seca, it pissed me off. hahhaaa

Pokeman GO? Oh my god?

Is this the beginning of a cult? Mind control through digital representations of imaginary things, complete with subliminal messages.

"It's time to get drunk... It's to get drunk" would even make me thirsty.
Kuba Szajbel
(Grupi Pro - 14)

Postime: 4231
  Shteti:
Poloni 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (3)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #2013 Postuar 2 Gusht 2016, 18:19:15 Citim 
Quote ( Roy Mitchell @ August 2nd 2016,18:14:47 )

Pokeman GO? Oh my god?

Kyle Morris
(Grupi Rookie - 102)

Postime: 6689
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #2014 Postuar 2 Gusht 2016, 18:27:15 Citim 
Quote ( Tinie Lourens @ August 2nd 2016,18:10:18 )

Quote ( Kuba Szajbel @ August 2nd 2016,18:00:04 )

Many people quit GPRO because oh my god pokemon GO is so much better

Ah but you forget! If they don't play GPRO they are not going to catch Pachirisu on the track!

(Pachirisu is a small, white squirrel-like Pokémon)
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pachirisu_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

With Squirtle already in existance (Half turtle half squirell) we don't need to get a Pachirisu

But i heard there is Magikarps in the Swimming Pool chicane in Monaco, Some Arboks on turn 2 of A1-Ring from all the hissy fits Rosberg has done. You'll fine Vanilite (ice cream pokemon) in Ahvensito, the home of Kimi Raikkonnen, Adelaide have Hitmonchan's, cause he likes hitting things like Schumacher, Valencia have Pidgey's cause you'll be flying like Webber, and Spa have Castforms (weather pokemon) cause you've no idea what the weather is

Best to stay around to catch pokemon ;)
Robin Goodey
(Grupi Master - 4)

Postime: 2096
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #2015 Postuar 2 Gusht 2016, 18:31:41 Citim 
Either I'm getting old and grumpy, or the youth of today are mad / stupid........no offence intended

(The former option is odds on to be true, the latter will no doubt depend on your personal opinion...)
Sam Wainwright
(Grupi Amateur - 27)

Postime: 2843
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #2016 Postuar 2 Gusht 2016, 18:36:41 Citim 
Quote ( Robin Goodey @ August 2nd 2016,18:31:41 )

Either I'm getting old and grumpy, or the youth of today are mad / stupid........no offence intended

That would make me old and grumpy too.
Rocco Stallone
(Grupi Amateur - 36)

Postime: 3130
  Shteti:
Shtetet e Bashkuara 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #2017 Postuar 2 Gusht 2016, 18:39:00 (Së fundi edituar 2 Gusht 2016, 18:41:30 nga Rocco Stallone) Citim 
Quote ( Robin Goodey @ August 2nd 2016,18:31:41 )

or the youth of today are mad / stupid........no offence intended

kids are being raised by the internet.. They are mad stupid.. Total offence intended..

Quote ( Roy Mitchell @ August 2nd 2016,18:14:47 )

Pokeman GO? Oh my god?

Is this the beginning of a cult? Mind control through digital representations of imaginary things, complete with subliminal messages.

It's not even fun. I tried it and am still wondering when it gets to the point where it is fun enough to become the sensation it is..
Daryl Gee
(Grupi Amateur - 114)

Postime: 4864
  Shteti:
Afrika e Jugut 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #2018 Postuar 2 Gusht 2016, 18:50:11 Citim 
Quote ( Sam Wainwright @ August 2nd 2016,18:36:41 )

That would make me old and grumpy too.

You're never too young to be old and grumpy.
Mark Webster
(Grupi Master - 3)

Postime: 10728
  Shteti:
Kanadë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #2019 Postuar 2 Gusht 2016, 19:20:46 Citim 
Quote ( Rocco Stallone @ August 2nd 2016,18:39:00 )

kids are being raised by the internet.. They are mad stupid.. Total offence intended..

And this attitude in a nutshell is why. You have to open your mind to the newer world, and recognise the importance of diversity.

As a 30yo, I have far more in common with a 20yo than a 40yo. I could immediately tell you were older than me without looking at your birthday.

It's not even fun. I tried it and am still wondering when it gets to the point where it is fun enough to become the sensation it is..

There's a lot of benefit to the game. Getting out more and meeting/speaking with new people. It's a community game and it does these two things so effectively.
Michael Winkley
(Grupi Master - 3)

Postime: 33335
  Shteti:
Uells 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #2020 Postuar 2 Gusht 2016, 19:27:54 Citim 
What is the half-life of intelligence?
Mark Webster
(Grupi Master - 3)

Shteti:
Kanadë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #2021 Postuar 2 Gusht 2016, 19:43:00 Citim 
Quote ( Michael Winkley @ August 2nd 2016,19:27:54 )

What is the half-life of intelligence?

Intelligence is not a quantity, therefore cannot have a half-life. =P
Robin Goodey
(Grupi Master - 4)

Postime: 2096
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #2022 Postuar 2 Gusht 2016, 19:45:51 Citim 
It's a VERY finite quantity for an awful lot of people.....
Edwin Silva
(Grupi Pro - 7)

Postime: 2235
  Shteti:
Kolumbi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (9)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #2023 Postuar 2 Gusht 2016, 19:48:55 Citim 

Kids are incredibly smart nowadays. As in smarter than ever. They have the whole humanity's knowledge in their fingertips, and they are very good at learning and using that information. Those mad stupid kids will be able to build stuff we can't even be able to imagine, as well as our generation created stuff unthinkable by the precedent one. That's the way it works. You can self-aggrandize yourself thinking you're better and smarter, but in reality humanity keeps getting better since forever. Which is a good thing.
Michael Winkley
(Grupi Master - 3)

Shteti:
Uells 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #2024 Postuar 2 Gusht 2016, 20:26:26 Citim 
Quote ( Robin Goodey @ August 2nd 2016,19:45:51 )

It's a VERY finite quantity for an awful lot of people.....

The trend is towards zero.
Phil Maunder
(Grupi Pro - 7)

Postime: 10003
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #2025 Postuar 2 Gusht 2016, 21:05:35 Citim 
Quote ( Edwin Silva @ August 2nd 2016,19:48:55 )

Kids are incredibly smart nowadays. As in smarter than ever. They have the whole humanity's knowledge in their fingertips, and they are very good at learning and using that information. Those mad stupid kids will be able to build stuff we can't even be able to imagine, as well as our generation created stuff unthinkable by the precedent one. That's the way it works. You can self-aggrandize yourself thinking you're better and smarter, but in reality humanity keeps getting better since forever. Which is a good thing.

I get what you are saying but try looking at a graph of the great acceleration and see how screwed we are as a species.

Define what you mean by 'better' ?
Mark Webster
(Grupi Master - 3)

Shteti:
Kanadë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #2026 Postuar 2 Gusht 2016, 21:20:22 Citim 

Exactly. =]
Samoeni Albanalopolis
(Grupi Amateur - 75)

Postime: 14444
  Shteti:
Shqipëria 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (2)
Postim i vjeter #2027 Postuar 2 Gusht 2016, 22:35:20 Citim 

Kids are incredibly smart nowadays.
Disagree. Technology has given kids lots of things and has taken from them more then it gave. We are getting close to a robotic era.
Nevzat Kasapoglu
(Grupi Amateur - 9)

Postime: 193
  Shteti:
Turqi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (2)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #2028 Postuar 2 Gusht 2016, 23:26:20 (Së fundi edituar 2 Gusht 2016, 23:29:00 nga Nevzat Kasapoglu) Citim 
Quote ( Samoeni Albanalopolis @ August 2nd 2016,22:35:20 )

Disagree. Technology has given kids lots of things and has taken from them more then it gave. We are getting close to a robotic era.
Disagree!
They are more approppriate to the new world and we are getting more old fashioned. When they can easily manage robots, we will look like our grandparents who have difficulties using mobile phones.
And who told robotic era is bad. If it's an evolution using washing machine or calculator or a computer, then robotic era would be great where robots will do the labor instead of human.
Daniel Mason
(Grupi Amateur - 83)

Postime: 5215
  Shteti:
Shtetet e Bashkuara 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #2029 Postuar 3 Gusht 2016, 00:10:09 Citim 
This robotic era Samoeni is talking about..... I could've sworn I've seen it in a movie before.
Joe Manifold
(Grupi Amateur - 71)

Postime: 12472
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #2030 Postuar 3 Gusht 2016, 00:17:46 Citim 
Quote ( Nevzat Kasapoglu @ August 2nd 2016,23:26:20 )

They are more approppriate to the new world and we are getting more old fashioned. When they can easily manage robots, we will look like our grandparents who have difficulties using mobile phones.

I guess that depends more on if we continue to use new technology as it comes out. Older people at the moment generally choose not to get smartphones, or just dislike trying to learn.

If you keep on using technology throughout life, I guess you will be able to pick things up without having difficulty.
Mark Webster
(Grupi Master - 3)

Shteti:
Kanadë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #2031 Postuar 3 Gusht 2016, 00:43:03 Citim 
Quote ( Nevzat Kasapoglu @ August 2nd 2016,23:26:20 )

Disagree!
And who told robotic era is bad. If it's an evolution using washing machine or calculator or a computer, then robotic era would be great where robots will do the labor instead of human.

Just think about this. There are kids being born today who will never experience what it's like to have a human drive the car they are in, and they will be able to choose a carnivorous diet that has been grown in a laboratory rather than in a field.

Quote ( Joe Manifold @ August 3rd 2016,00:17:46 )

I guess that depends more on if we continue to use new technology as it comes out. Older people at the moment generally choose not to get smartphones, or just dislike trying to learn.

If you keep on using technology throughout life, I guess you will be able to pick things up without having difficulty.

Exactly.
Graham Mercer
(Grupi Pro - 22)

Postime: 2010
  Shteti:
Australi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #2032 Postuar 3 Gusht 2016, 00:54:12 Citim 
Quote ( Joe Manifold @ August 3rd 2016,00:17:46 )

'Older people' during their prime years used the technology of their time as it was being developed and released. Later in life it becomes a little harder to keep up with the pace of change as things are constantly evolving quicker and quicker. This is the same for every generation regardless of which era we are talking about.

The technology of an individual's era is something that they have grown up with and been educated for, while technology that becomes available later in life is from a different era and something that is increasingly outside their frame of reference, hence a slower uptake in adopting it as it is less familiar. :)

Michael Winkley
(Grupi Master - 3)

Shteti:
Uells 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (2)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #2033 Postuar 3 Gusht 2016, 01:40:27 (Së fundi edituar 3 Gusht 2016, 01:43:04 nga Michael Winkley) Citim 
There are kids today that can't tie their shoe laces, count without the use of a calculator, don't know that there are vowels in words, or that virtual reality isn't real.

Edit: there will be a minority that possess bucketloads of knowledge intelligence and understanding...everyone else will become brain dead slaves to technology.
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Grupi Pro - 24)

Postime: 2730
  Shteti:
Meksikë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (3)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #2034 Postuar 3 Gusht 2016, 02:30:50 (Së fundi edituar 3 Gusht 2016, 02:35:43 nga Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo) Citim 

This is so untrue.

Kids nowadays have lost some basic skills that are really needed to not become the robots mentioned above by quite a few people.

I work in my Parish with children facing SAT type exams and it's surprising the lack of the following:

Math skills, Almost all of them lack basic math skills, they can't perform simple calculations on their head, and for others they need to go step by step to solve equations or simple operations. I'm not talking about adding huge numbers or a big series of them, but mainly doing some basic operations. Some may ask, that's what calculators are here for, but not having this skills does not allow them to grasp some of the skills mentioned before.

Reading skills: Yes you mention they have all the knowledge on their fingertips, but you will be surprised how many of them just copy paste what they find and never read. And when they read they cant really understand what they are reading, let alone read out loud.

Writing skills, Most of them don't write they just copy so no development of written word skills on there. This affects their communication skills badly and the vast majority can't write a 500 word essay on any subject. And let's not forget about spelling, for them spelling is outdated, meaning they can write how they want.

Logic, they simply don't think, logic for them is lost, they are so accustomed to find answers easily that they have lost many skills regarding sequential thinking and what if analysis.

Analysis: they have grown accustomed to all this knowledge that they just simply take whatever they find without analyzing and being able to discriminate bad information from good information and you well know that for every piece of good information on the internet there are a couple of pieces of bad information about the same subject.

Synthesis: They can find all the information they need, but since everything is spoon fed they just can´t gather two pieces, let alone several at the same time, and get them together to get a new result. This reduces also their critical thinking. Its really sad how in multiple answer questions they can't look at the answers and isolate the ones that are basically wrong. Asking them to add two pieces of information is a lost cause.

Quote ( Michael Winkley @ August 3rd 2016,01:40:27 )

Edit: there will be a minority that possess bucketloads of knowledge intelligence and understanding...everyone else will become brain dead slaves to technology.

this unfortunately is the truth.

Edit:

And as a sample:

How many people play here in GPRO as basic robots just using tools developed by somebody else and don't really understand what they are doing?

I'll bet its more than half of the players with the vast majority being more on the young side I think.

I have tried to mentor young people and to be honest I find it hard to make them think and understand the game, when you look around you can see just by their setups that they are using another tool and not really grasping what this game is all about.

Sorry for the long post
Mark Webster
(Grupi Master - 3)

Shteti:
Kanadë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #2035 Postuar 3 Gusht 2016, 02:42:12 Citim 
Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ August 3rd 2016,02:30:50 )

Math skills, Almost all of them lack basic math skills, they can't perform simple calculations on their head, and for others they need to go step by step to solve equations or simple operations. I'm not talking about adding huge numbers or a big series of them, but mainly doing some basic operations. Some may ask, that's what calculators are here for, but not having this skills does not allow them to grasp some of the skills mentioned before.

I work in engineering and it is very rare that I ever have to do maths. Any time I'm working out areas, volumes, differentials etc., I have a computer do it for me.

this unfortunately is the truth.

I understand why you both think like this. You probably see a big difference between millennials and older generations where if a millennial isn't interested in what they have to do, quite often you'll find they just won't do it or will pretend they can't.

I work with a bunch of people aged 20-23. I can ask them to go and make something for me (quite often I do this) and without explaining anything about it, they just go off on reddit, youtube, cadtutor or a site like that and within 15 minutes they have the answer. I could never do that at that age. Their brains are so adapted to learning.
Ethan Littlejohns
(Grupi Rookie - 115)

Postime: 2361
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #2036 Postuar 3 Gusht 2016, 03:52:26 Citim 

Writing skills, Most

Can't resist ;p
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Grupi Pro - 24)

Postime: 2730
  Shteti:
Meksikë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #2037 Postuar 3 Gusht 2016, 03:55:58 Citim 
Quote ( Mark Webster @ August 3rd 2016,02:42:12 )

I work in engineering and it is very rare that I ever have to do maths. Any time I'm working out areas, volumes, differentials etc., I have a computer do it for me.

Sorry but I'm not talking about volumes, differentials etc. I talk about basic math skills (addition, multiplication etc) and please don't even mention fractions.

I'm also and engineer, and many times just by looking to a series of numbers I can say if the totals and subtotals are right or wrong (is nice when looking operational results or balance sheets).

Also it helps you to do some math and really know what you're talking about, specially when you communicate with people that use the Imperial Units vs International Systems. When you use foreign currencies etc.

Nowadays youngsters can't do the math on the go.

You can mention them a surface for a certain thing and they just won't get an idea
of what you are talking about and if it's right or wrong (had an issue with an Engineer recently whenI asked him to calculate the speed on the edge of a turning wheel used for product transport. When I saw his result I told him that now I know why it's so unstable and noisy, the result was over Mach 1.3) I even had to demonstrate it to him and he did ot believed me until he googled speed of sound. He made very basic errors in conversions from different units, and dimensional analysis).

About your group, have you ever seen if they have really leraned or as you mentioned just used the tools available and got a result?

when I studied engineering in the early 80's I had a teacher that graduated on the first Mechanical Electrical Engineering generation. His frist job was to calculate steam pipes with tables and slideruler,
When he taught us he was very happy that we could do on a couple of hours what it took him 1 week to calculate, yet to do so whe had to write a program for our calculators or for the Aplle II's we had at the school. We could get fast results but we could also do it. Nowadays they just simply don't know how to do it and hence they have lost a lot of understanding about how steam behaves,

Paul Bright
(Grupi Amateur - 75)

Postime: 2113
  Shteti:
Skoci 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #2038 Postuar 3 Gusht 2016, 04:18:22 (Së fundi edituar 3 Gusht 2016, 04:18:41 nga Paul Bright) Citim 
Quote ( Mark Webster @ August 3rd 2016,02:42:12 )

But without having some idea what the answer should be you run the risk of screwing up big time, either because of a flaw in the program or incorrect data entry. If you blindly go with the answer the computer gives you will fail to catch a really big mistake at some point in your career.
Adrian Summers
(Grupi Pro - 13)

Postime: 2292
  Shteti:
Shtetet e Bashkuara 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #2039 Postuar 3 Gusht 2016, 04:48:19 Citim 
From the things I've seen, spelling, grammar and especially handwriting are just horribly neglected in kids around 10 and under. My niece is 16, and she can write beautifully in cursive, but she was also "home-schooled". It just strikes me as odd to see people who just graduated high school who think wasn't should be spelled "wasent". It also seems odd to me that third grade students do PowerPoint presentations, yet when they give you a birthday card you can't make out that they wrote "Happy Birthday" at the bottom, because it looks like scribbled lines.
Faqe « 1 2 3 ... 67 [6869 ... 96 97 98 » Shpejt shkoni në faqen:

Përgjigju në këtë temë